• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It always disheartens me when nationalists demanding the freedom to join whatever nation they please are so very willing to ignore the desires of those who would remain.

Make it clear that these nationalists are free to leave for the Old Roman Empire if they desire. The use of force to tear apart this Republic, however, will be met in kind.

Herr von Jacobi,

How precisely are we to negotiate with them? What would you offer them?

-- Michael von Hohenzollern

These rebels must be put down, lest others think that this kind of violent action is acceptable.

FM

(( I know in game it's impossible to negotiate with rebals but it would be cool if you could))
We could offer them thier life and we could offer them some money or give them free trips to live in thier country for ever and never return. That's only if there willing to accept this offer, if not thier fates will be sealed by gun fire by our elite army

(( I know in game it's impossible to negotiate with rebals but it would be cool if you could))
We could offer them thier life and we could offer them some money or give them free trips to live in thier country for ever and never return. That's only if there willing to accept this offer, if not thier fates will be sealed by gun fire by our elite army

Offer them money? You must be joking. Surely you do not wish to pay these men for violently rebelling against the German state? That will only encourage more people to rebel simply because they think they'll get paid to do it. Complete and utter lunacy!

Offer them money? You must be joking. Surely you do not wish to pay these men for violently rebelling against the German state? That will only encourage more people to rebel simply because they think they'll get paid to do it. Complete and utter lunacy!
I'm sorry I'm not a barbarian, unlike you, I value human life

Stadtholders Jacobi and Brunelli, could you please make plain your votes? I know it is difficult for champions of freedom such as yourselves to authorize the use of force, but I would like to deliver a unanimous ultimatum to the rebels, in the hopes of ending this situation quickly. Perhaps if they see we are united in our willingness to use force, if it is necessary, they might surrender and save us a lot of bloodshed and grief.

Herr Unger, while Stadtholder von Schwaben is the Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie, I am certain he would appreciate your considerable military expertise and would welcome your services as an advisor.

Michael von Hohenzollern

((I originally intended to just use my own judgment in crushing the rebellion, but if you'd all like, we can have Mikkel or EtzelHoveri formally present plans. No difference to me.))

I say we use force IF ONLY IF they don't accept our peace offer/surrender

With the gentlemen from the Alliance both abstaining, we have 95 votes in favor, 5 abstaining. Thank you, Herren, for the mandate.

As soon as I hear back from the Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie, I will continue.

Michael von Hohenzollern

I must apologise for my recent absence from the Conclave. I am becoming old and frail, and much of my time is spent helping my grandson establish his career in law. Perhaps he will be the one to replace me.

I must apologise for my recent absence from the Conclave. I am becoming old and frail, and much of my time is spent helping my grandson establish his career in law. Perhaps he will be the one to replace me.
You cannot be blamed for helping family and epically some one at your age

((It is best you retire your current character soon As soon Avindian will slowly start to kill off the remaining 18th century people(I am set as my character will be 86 in 1936 which withmore modern medicine will be reasonable.)))

I hereby will allow Herr Unger to lead one of the armies, while also advicing me.

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie

((It is best you retire your current character soon As soon Avindian will slowly start to kill off the remaining 18th century people(I am set as my character will be 86 in 1936 which withmore modern medicine will be reasonable.)))
((Lol, I'm already plotting Dieters death, his replacement (short term) and Dieters son))

I'm sorry I'm not a barbarian, unlike you, I value human life

I am sorry if I offended you with my comment. I am just against so openly resorting to violence against one's own countrymen, which is a path these rebels have chosen. If they had wished to negotiate with words, then I would have used words to dissuade them from their misguided cause. Since they chose the sword, then that is what they shall receive in kind.