• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Although Marx and the alliance have different values we have a common goal, make a truly great and thriving Germany. Perhaps were not that different.

Perhaps you are speaking of some other Marx? The Karl Marx that has been rampaging through Europe and reducing governments to anarchy seems to have very little desire to see Germany anything other than another pile of squabbling traitors.

-- Michael von Hohenzollern

Or maybe you don't know the real Marx

Plans of the Ministry of WarWe do not as yet have a steam powered replacement for the Men o'War, and so must leave their replacement for some future plan.

If I may interject, being from a shipbuilding family, it is no secret that some powers - Britain included - are retrofitting wooden ships of the line with steam power. Germany must do likewise; undesirable as it may be to face the attendant risk of fire, a ship which can sail in a flat calm or directly against the wind can defeat or escape any sailing ship as she pleases. I submit to the Reichstag that, with reinforced prows, such ships might also be fitted with rams.

((This of course has no game mechanical effect, but is a real historical oddity; from the 1840s a number of wooden ships were so fitted, simply because the alternative of not doing so was worse. Rams were extremely popular (and almost entirely ineffective) in the 19th century.))

If I may interject, being from a shipbuilding family, it is no secret that some powers - Britain included - are retrofitting wooden ships of the line with steam power. Germany must do likewise; undesirable as it may be to face the attendant risk of fire, a ship which can sail in a flat calm or directly against the wind can defeat or escape any sailing ship as she pleases. I submit to the Reichstag that, with reinforced prows, such ships might also be fitted with rams.

((This of course has no game mechanical effect, but is a real historical oddity; from the 1840s a number of wooden ships were so fitted, simply because the alternative of not doing so was worse. Rams were extremely popular (and almost entirely ineffective) in the 19th century.))
Excellent idea, show them the recihsmarine is the best navy in the world

Or maybe you don't know the real Marx
More Jacobinism. Marx's ideas are nothing but violent, dangerous regressive policies designed to grind nations into mincemeat.
Stattholter de Spinoza

Accepting any of Marx's ideas is sheer craziness. The man is a corrupt imbecile and unworthy to even stand in Germany.
MARX DELENDA EST!
-Stattholter Josef de Spinoza

To those who defend the subversive and deplorable actions of Katl Marx and his associates, may I ask the question: Is kidnapping an innocent child for political leverage or throwing nations into chaos or anarchy justified? I think not, gentlemen! Anyone who defends these cowardly acts is himself a coward and a traitor, and should be investigated by the Gendarmerie!

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Foreign Minister

Von Schwaben, I suggest you investigate the Prinz, or at least try to get these mad ideas out of his head.
Remember, my Prinz, we are doing this for your own good.

Von Schwaben, I suggest you investigate the Prinz, or at least try to get these mad ideas out of his head.
Remember, my Prinz, we are doing this for your own good.
((You dont understand... I am commanding a second character that has nothing to do with Ferdinand while he is underage and the thing I want to say is incorrect for Fer to say))

((You dont understand... I am commanding a second character that has nothing to do with Ferdinand while he is underage and the thing I want to say is incorrect for Fer to say))
((Either way, it's a royal. When commandeering a second character, make it a backbencher or their ilk.))

I think it will be hard to Herr Spinoza to take out foolish ideas and put in new ones, and the Prinz may think as he wishes, as long as he meet some consequences for his actions.

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie

We sit here bantering back and forth about Marxism, when we should be focusing on Germany's might.

We sit here bantering back and forth about Marxism, when we should be focusing on Germany's might.

I fully agree with the Chancellor. The political opinions of 8 year olds (soon to be 9) are not worth the Reichstag's time.

-- Michael von Hohenzollern

((Waiting on plans from Finance and Industry, my friends!))

But when your nephew becomes a man, he can become very dangerous for the people and the nation, with his marxist thoughts.

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie

His actions aren't what I like, but his ideas are what Make him great