• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All nationalist groups are a menace to Germany, and must be dealt with accordingly. Pacifism in the Brunelli mode is not the answer; it is the question posed by that mad Italian. The answer is a thundering 'no'!
~Herr de Spinoza

All imperialists are a menace to Germany, and must be dealt with accordingly. Imperialism in the de Spinoza mode is not the answer, it is treason!

-Brunelli, still clad in his toga

That just leaves Education and War. Gentlemen, if you would be so kind, please present your proposals.

((EH, if you want to stick with your old plan, we can do that -- just say so in thread.))

((Sticking with my current plan. Reminded Uber that he is now Minister of War as well. He should have something soon I hope.))

All imperialists are a menace to Germany, and must be dealt with accordingly. Imperialism in the de Spinoza mode is not the answer, it is treason!

Brunelli, for the love of God, shut the hell up!

- Bismarck

As Montesquieu has said in times before liberty: "The less men think, the more they talk." I think this quote applies to you Herr Brunelli.

~Konrad von Schwaben

The Ministry of War would like a quick report on the state of the armed forces, if it is not too much.
-Minister de Spinoza

Herr Spinoza,

Here is the report you requested. Note that while the composition of all armies is the same as your predecessors ordered ((8 inf x 2 dragoons x 1 engineer x 2 artillery, for a total of 39,000 troops per army)), certain armies have not yet returned to full strength, and it may take some time for them to do so.

Here are the French armies:

KPOF9e.jpg

And here are the Polish armies:

Xylq5o.jpg

One of our cavalry armies, regrettably, was eliminated as a fighting unit in the past war. 20th Army is unable to replace its fourth brigade of Hussars and will require a manual levy to be restored to full strength.

There is also a diplomatic issue that, I am afraid, will not be resolved any time soon.

YTBr68.jpg

13th Army, which includes the Nürnberg artillery cadets corps, is currently waiting in Azerbaijan to return home, because the idiot commander was told to send his army back home, neglecting to remember the international law of armies -- once they leave the soil of a former belligerent, they may not return to it. Wallachia, which you can see to the southwest, is in the British sphere of influence and will not allow our troops access, regrettably. I must, therefore, request that we demobilize the entire army, allowing the men to return home as private citizens, and offering them the opportunity to reenlist at a future time if they choose to do so. ((This one is actually on me, but we'll choose to ignore that. :)))

4th Army, which you know so well, remains in Africa. It has 34,000 troops of its authorized strength of 39,000; again, that will take some time.

We also possess two fleets. The first fleet is our old sailing fleet, and possesses 36 men o'war, 5 frigates, and 10 transports. Our steam fleet possesses 9 commerce raiders and 31 transports.

If I may be so bold, if we wish to continue expanding and modernizing our fleet, we must invest in new naval bases. I have circled some promising results from an old survey on this map. We may build one base in each of the circled regions.

YTBr68.jpg

We may also build a base in Liberia, but any bases built there or in Sardinia-Corsica may not, by international law, produce capital ships.

Head of the Military Planning Commission

The Ministry of War's plans:
1). Disband the 13th Army and, once the men arrive back home, recreate it. ((Basically, disband and make anew with the same troop composition)).
2). Build a naval base in Genoa and Antwerp.
3). Move the 19th Army to Nitra, so the East may be more easily defended.
That is all, and I would like to thank Chancellor Unger for appointing me to this esteemed position.
~Minister JH de Spinoza

Herr Spinoza,

You are aware that Nitra is not on the border with Poland, but with Hungary, who is our friend, correct?

--a concerned German working in the foreign ministry

Yes, I am aware. As I like to say, you never really know who your enemies are until the end. But, due to your concern and the fact that Brunelli will thrown a temper tantrum and start squealing about some namby-pamby 'rights' and 'nationalism', I will concede. The army will instead move to Kielce.
~Minister JH de Spinoza

Yes, I am aware. As I like to say, you never really know who your enemies are until the end. But, due to your concern and the fact that Brunelli will thrown a temper tantrum and start squealing about some namby-pamby 'rights' and 'nationalism', I will concede. The army will instead move to Kielce.
~Minister JH de Spinoza

You do realize Herr Spinoza, that our Republic destroyed several of the world powers, even with an outdated army. Hungary is weak and no threat. I'm also sure the new head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie, will follow my policies of suppressing any nationalistic movement, that has the goal to secede from the Republic of United Germany.

~Konrad von Schwaben

You do realize Herr Spinoza, that our Republic destroyed several of the world powers, even with an outdated army. Hungary is weak and no threat. I'm also sure the new head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie, will follow my policies of suppressing any nationalistic movement, that has the goal to secede from the Republic of United Germany.

~Konrad von Schwaben
Hungary is of no threat, but is it not better to have a dog on your leash than a dog in the wild? Hungary is our dog on the leash here, Von Schwaben, and we must keep it on our leash. Bismarck could tell you more, as he is the foreign minister. Germany must show that we are not bloodthirsty conquerors, we are peace-bringing angels. I am sure that the new Head of the Corps of the Gendarmie will follow your policies. You have proven a worthy ally, Von Schwaben and I hope we can continue our fruitful partnership.
~Minister JH de Spinoza

Sir, accusing me of treason is a serious matter. It is an offense to my honor, and as such I would challenge you to a duel!
~Minister JH de Spinoza
He whispers to his aide:
Why did someone not notify me of this affront to the de Spinozas earlier?

Sir, accusing me of treason is a serious matter. It is an offense to my honor, and as such I would challenge you to a duel!
~Minister JH de Spinoza
He whispers to his aide:

I accept

-Carlo Brunelli, not entirely sure if he is in the proper physical condition to duel

This should be interesting. It's unfortunate that there isn't some form of legislation preventing members of the Reichstag from harming each other in such endeavours. Oh well. Let's hope the duelmaster doesn't get shot in the foot this time.

~Minister JH de Spinoza
He whispers to his aide:

Why, for the love of all that is holy, is everyone now so seemingly inclined to answer insults with duels? You'd think we were all mindless brutes, individuals without maturity or proper reasoning who rise to every provocation and are incapable of responding with anything but violence. It is sad to see that common sense and wise judgement have fallen into such disuse.

- Lukas von Freiburg

((Hopefully Brunelli dies this time - the less we have to see him in a toga the better :p))

Last edited:

~Konrad von Schwaben
Your certainty is well placed. The nationalist is as free as the imperialist to make their views known; assembling arms in anticipation of armed rebellion is entirely forbidden to both as well.