• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok so I've played this for a little while now and i have a few suggestions to make based on my understanding of the story, both from the books and the games. I've played the two games and read the first two books so that's what im basing my info on. I don't know how much you're basing this off each of them so i apologize if im correcting you for something that happens later on.
1) Foltest's Titles: His official titles are King of Temeria, Sodden, Pontar and Mahakam as well as Senior Protector of Brugge, so i feel his CK2 titels should reflect that. I don't know what the borders of Pontar are supposed to be but i think giving it the duchies of Dorndal and Murivel would probably work, or even just Dorndal. Brugge probably doesnt merit its own kingdom, but giving Foltest the duchy title would cover that.
2) Adda's Inheritence status: Adda was legitimized by Foltest, whereas Anais and Bussy were not legitimized as far as I know. Foltest even gloats at one point that Radovid won't be King of Temeria because the nobles won't accept a foreigner on the throne, suggesting that otherwise she would have ruled.
3) The Emperor of Nilfgaard: In Blood of Elves he is described as quite young and unmarried. Since i've only read to the second book my information could be dated here, but my impression was that the games take place not too long after the books, relatively speaking.
4) Dol Blathanna: In the books somewhere they say that Dol Blathanna is under the protection of Nilfgaard, so it seems to me they should be a vassal of theirs. Again this could be dated.
5) Kaer Morhen: Shouldn't the Witchers own Kaer Morhen? Even if the only holding in the county is the castle i feel that they should own it. Speaking of Witchers, shouldn't Vesemir still be alive? I didnt see him on the list of witchers.
6) The Order of the Flaming Rose: I'm not totally sure about this but I believe Radovid was in the process of seizing the Orders holdings in Redania and Seigfried takes over the Order in Temeria and recreates the Order of the White Rose.

Aside from that I had a few questions about your plans for this. Do you plan to incorporate anything involving the terrorist organizations such as the Scoitael or the Salamanders? You could do something like the Byzantine Greek Fire event chain where you can choose to fight them or negotiate.
That's all i have to say. I hope you'll take this into consideration with this long overdue mod :)

Ok so I've played this for a little while now and i have a few suggestions to make based on my understanding of the story, both from the books and the games. I've played the two games and read the first two books so that's what im basing my info on. I don't know how much you're basing this off each of them so i apologize if im correcting you for something that happens later on.
1) Foltest's Titles: His official titles are King of Temeria, Sodden, Pontar and Mahakam as well as Senior Protector of Brugge, so i feel his CK2 titels should reflect that. I don't know what the borders of Pontar are supposed to be but i think giving it the duchies of Dorndal and Murivel would probably work, or even just Dorndal. Brugge probably doesnt merit its own kingdom, but giving Foltest the duchy title would cover that.
2) Adda's Inheritence status: Adda was legitimized by Foltest, whereas Anais and Bussy were not legitimized as far as I know. Foltest even gloats at one point that Radovid won't be King of Temeria because the nobles won't accept a foreigner on the throne, suggesting that otherwise she would have ruled.
3) The Emperor of Nilfgaard: In Blood of Elves he is described as quite young and unmarried. Since i've only read to the second book my information could be dated here, but my impression was that the games take place not too long after the books, relatively speaking.
4) Dol Blathanna: In the books somewhere they say that Dol Blathanna is under the protection of Nilfgaard, so it seems to me they should be a vassal of theirs. Again this could be dated.
5) Kaer Morhen: Shouldn't the Witchers own Kaer Morhen? Even if the only holding in the county is the castle i feel that they should own it. Speaking of Witchers, shouldn't Vesemir still be alive? I didnt see him on the list of witchers.
6) The Order of the Flaming Rose: I'm not totally sure about this but I believe Radovid was in the process of seizing the Orders holdings in Redania and Seigfried takes over the Order in Temeria and recreates the Order of the White Rose.

Aside from that I had a few questions about your plans for this. Do you plan to incorporate anything involving the terrorist organizations such as the Scoitael or the Salamanders? You could do something like the Byzantine Greek Fire event chain where you can choose to fight them or negotiate.
That's all i have to say. I hope you'll take this into consideration with this long overdue mod :)

Thanks for your lengthy feedback, keep 'em coming ;)
I have to admit that I haven't read all the books myself that's why I'd be thankful for readers to tell me names of places and people he came across that are not present in the mod. There's tons of very minor names that are mentioned in the book but nowhere on the wikis. Like Cahir's grandmother Eviva (something I stumbled upon yesterday).

To your questions:

1)As of Blood of Elves "Foltest, the Lord of Temeria, Pontar, Mahakam and Sodden, and recently Senior Protector of Brugge". Other sources (games?) "This King of Temeria, Prince of Sodden, Sovereign of Pontar and Mahakam, and Senior Protector of Brugge, Angren, Riverdell and Ellander".
King/Lord of Temeria -> king
Prince/Lord of Sodden -> king, he was elected ruler by the nobility of Sodden after Ekkehard's untimely death.
Senior Protector of Brugge -> the former king of Brugge is his vassal, so I interpreted "Senior Protector" as "being overlord of".
Sovereign of Mahakam -> The dwarves rule there without much interference of Foltest -> they are his vassals but he isn't the duke of Mahakam.
Sovereign of Pontar -> Everyone wants to control the rich Pontar valley but Foltest doesn't really control much of it. He likes to boast with it, though.
Similar with Angren, Riverdell and Ellander
I did, however, think about a de jure Pontar kingdom once or twice. But for this Aedirn would need to be shrinked and it is already rather small.

2) Adda is the spawn of incest and would not be accepted as queen. Anais, however, is Foltest's successor after her brother was murdered. And Foltest said "they are my children" once or twice in W2 so there's no denial he accepts them as his. It would be nice, though, to give Radowid an easy way to claim Temeria's throne if an underaged child of Foltest inherits.

3) 20 or so years passed since that book iirc. This is the girl he is married to in the mod.

4) After Nilfgaard lost the Northern wars Dol Blathanna had to swear fealty to Aedirn.

5) The barony of Kaer Morhen is supposed to be held by the "Witchers of the Wolf School" of course led by Vesemir. But I haven't added that yet. Witcher school apparantly lie in ruins so it needs to be decided if a) this is disregarded or b) some restoration event chain is needed.

6) I thought Jacques built the Order of the Flaming Rose on top of the Order of the White Rose? The weird thing is that the Order of the White Rose members supposedly weren't followers of the Eternal Fire. I am not sure if what you say about Siegfried is accurate.

Last edited:

Foltest would most likely have penalities with vassals for holding too much titles and that would make him too powerful.

Personally I'd want some storyline events to cover what happened in Witcher 2 game, for example Anais and Bussy starts of as bastards, after war they can be legitimized by event .

I think you can find the info in Witcher 2 game - Order of the Flaming Rose was restructured and given land in Redania.

I plan to have Scoiatale as rebels for elf and dwarf culture or religion provinces, with some events for them about being supported by local non-humans.

Has anyone had a problem with the Celtic Portraits? I finally got Witcher Kings working after I kinda forgot about it and decided to download it again. I'm enjoying the game so for my ONLY problem though is about the Elf portraits. I have the Celtic portrait DLC but when I look at elves their portrait is still blank, any suggestions?

Has anyone had a problem with the Celtic Portraits? I finally got Witcher Kings working after I kinda forgot about it and decided to download it again. I'm enjoying the game so for my ONLY problem though is about the Elf portraits. I have the Celtic portrait DLC but when I look at elves their portrait is still blank, any suggestions?

That's weird. If you have the Celtic Portraits enabled Elves should look like Welsh people without a beard. But don't worry the next version will contain the Elven and Dwarf portraits made by Lonhaldar for the MEP so that DLC requirement won't stay much longer ;)

Fun mod. Seen the AI do weird shit.

Nilfheim(I think that is the name of the empire) got split up.

Ooo... I'm going to have to download this one. I love The Witcher setting and have thought for awhile they'd be a great subject for a CK2 mod. Kudos for putting this together.

Its good so far but id love for it to be expanded on :D

More manpower would certainly help. Currently talias is doing most of the work and I add smaller things when my university / works schedule allows me to do so. January is the worst at university ^^

Brainstorming for cool things for the future (please suggest more):
- More start dates: Northern Wars (Battle of Brenna / Sodden Hill), a Witcher 3 startdate (another war with Nilfgaard), earlier startdates (Mare Libertum Apertum -> Kovir against all the others), Falka's rebellion
- Story events -> Foltest sieges La Valette, probably dies, his son is killed by a conspiracy. Then either his youngest daughter rules or Redania takes over. etc.
- A stronger Nilfgaardian empire that is not plagued by revolts but also is diverse and not mono-cultured
- Brotherhood of Sorcerers / Lodge of Sorceresses -> maybe as a head-of-religion like title with College of Cardinals functionality.
- Mages as units in battle (Dragons @AGOT or extremely strong "regular" troops). Either as a holy order, as retinue or as mercenaries. Nilfgaard shouldn't be able to easily use them.
- (maybe someday) an extension of the map so that a larger, more diverse world can be achieved -> Zerrikania, Zangwebar, Hakland, Ofir, etc.

Last edited:
The latest version of the mod fresh from repository.

Download: Witcher Kings (0.1.304)

Compatible with 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and 2.0.4, previous saves won't work.

As this mod is work in progress there isn't a complete changelog, but the new or changed things are:
  • New elf and dwarf portraits (thanks to MEP team);
  • Fully incorporated latest VIET version;
  • Mercenaries;
  • System to learn magic;
  • Magic plots and decisons;
  • New ambitions;
  • Various improvements and bugfixes.

If anyone wants to help out with this mod contact me or JonStryker or post on this thread. We are looking for any help we can get - scripters, history writers, artists. If you cannot help the mod by contributing to it do post your feedback, bugreports or ideas for features and events you would like to see.

Nicely done talias !!
This really should be version 0.2 ;)

Huh... so:
Radowid is król (polish)
Foltest is koning (german)
Stennis is king (english)
Henselt is korol (???)
Wtf? : D

Doesn't sound quite right, yes. I've removed "König" in my local files as it is too out of place. I kinda like król as it makes Redania the "Polishest" of all the Northern kingdoms xD

Last edited:
Nilfgaard has been getting some love, including OP CBs.
edwc.png

The war isn't properly numbered as previous wars haven't been added to history yet.

Hey guys i was wondering where some of the "special" characters are cos im rootin around the history files and it says there's triss,dethmold, etc. but they arent turning up in game i was just wondering if it was because its wip or some sort of glitch/bug?

Ive been looking for them probably 10-15 yrs after start and it turns out both die quite quickly.

Mages are already set as immortal but a higher health might help. But being landless is a dangerous thing: There isn't all that much that can be done about courtiers plotting to kill them for whatever reason.
Making them landed would certainly help but I am still pondering the options. A special mage tower holding would be nice but I guess I'd need to add tiny provinces specifically for those if I want to have a fitting holding icon (province culture!). Also it'll be hard to make sure that mage towers should only be held by mages. If the council of mages were a papacy-like institution with papal investiture and mage towers were temple holdings that *could* work.

I am glad that the MEP people are "field-testing" immortality, health and life spans at the moment :D
Especially the "unmarrying" event is something I want to put in the Witcher mod as well. Elves shouldn't randomly marry that human girl that happens to sit at their court. Most Elves don't fancy human girls (except if they secretly are dragons).

Last edited:
Novigrad should be independent.
Why Toussaint is under Nilfgard? It should be independent imho too, and a little CB-free.
As Skellig, I couldn't raid anyone.

And some question.
What map were you using during creation of mod? :) That one from the game?

By the way, I checked Dethmold and Triss, you need to give them (and other Sorceresses like Sheala, Filippa etc) proper education, traits and stats. :D

Redania declared war for county claim against Hierarch... but they were raising/disbanding their army, until they lost.

Also, main holding of Novigrad (biggest and the richest city in the witcher world) have 12 base tax at start, on other hand Koviri Merchants have 32. It's need to be balanced.

Next thing, random courtiers can ask to become court mage without having proper trait.

Performing charity = event about Allah.

Last edited: