• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There really ought to be something for the region, I'd settle for at least just a reworking of the English melting pot to allow for a Norse takeover or Celtic revival.

If they do a DLC for the British Isles I really, really hope it doesn't focus on some massively ahistorical Celtic religious revival. That's only barely more realistic than Sunset Invasion.

I don't see why people being from a given geographical location should lessen the relevance of their opinion... but ok then.

There are a lot of places in the game that could use a LoR style DLC and the fish 'n chips islands are one of them. I just can't understand the "No." reactions, if you for some reason don't like the area and don't never ever play there, then you are under no obligation to buy the hypotethical DLC.

I can't understand how aggressive the 'no' people come across.

It was just an idea ... you know .. something to discuss amongst ourselves

Quoting me and then just writing 'no' or even responding 'no' seems really childish.

If you don't like me idea ... thats fine with me! I'm not trying to force anybody into anything lol.

Also, a few of the responses (at least the way I am reading them) seem annoyed at any suggestion of British Isles DLC because of some sort of percieved fan boyism or love of the country/Empire ... that's not my reasoning at all just so everyone is clear.

Its just because, as I explained at length, because these countries are somewhat isolated from mainland Europe, they feel very stable and disjointed and don't really even interact effectively with one and other let alone Europe.

Plus, whether we like it or not, and whether you think I am being an Anglophile, England and what happens in the British Isles is a pretty big deal historically. So are the Spanish ejection of the Muslims, the HRE, the Mongol invasions, and they all can and do have valid reasons for getting a focused DLC, but I was throwing out an idea nobody really considered ... to generate some discussion.

Thankfully though most responses have been really interesting and have indeed made me realise that the Iberian Penninsula, Russia etc could do with a nice LoR type DLC as well.

So for the majority of responders, great posts I'm really enjoying reading the various contributions!!! :)

A British Isles and Ireland DLC would be cool, adding things like maybe early Anglicanism and Celtic Christianity, proper titular laws for the English and maybe even new Anglo-Saxon portraits to match the quality of the other portrait DLCs.

I get that you wanted to start a discussion. The thing is, criticisms of ideas are part of a discussion.

If what you want is for people to tell you how much they like your idea, and for those who don't like it to shut up, what you're after isn't really a discussion, just a circlejerk.

Having Celtic Christianity as a heresy would be bizarre and ahistorical. The controversy over the Easter date was well over by the 867 start date, and even before that it's not as if Continental Europeans actually regarded people from the British Isles as heretics. After all, Dagobert II was educated in Ireland and England.

......maybe even new Anglo-Saxon portraits to match the quality of the other portrait DLCs.
Seriously? Anglo Saxons should and do have the vanilla "Germanic" portraits. Why should they look different from the "mainland Germanics" in game (German, Dutch, Frankish)?

If you want portrait packs (which I do) than you should be wanting all the non Germanic people who are currently using the "vanilla Germanic" portraits to get their own portrait packs. (Hungarians, Finns/Lapps, Bohemians/Poles, and etc.)

Also, Turks, Persians, and Jews need facepacks badly. Especially Turks and Persians (Jews could maybe use the Turkic pack with different clothes).

While I'd really like more DLC packs in the vein of LoR and I love playing in the Isles, I'm not sure it's most needed there. So as long as I can go with the assumption that every region will get some local flavour, then I'm all for this thought!

Ireland really needs some High King mechanics, and the Saxons need some new inheritance laws for instance.

If nothing else, just having all titles get an English and a Celtic name would add much.