• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crusaderkiller6

Private
1 Badges
Nov 26, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
Back ground: I currently am level 11 in the game and I can afford about 25 troops at best. I raided to caravans in the beginning of the game and got a -5 faction standing from Nords and The faction that starts with a V. (sorry not in game right now).

now these 2 factions have war parties out that decimate me. I am talking about 200+ men. 3 times they have caught me and I lost my army and had to surrender.

questions:
1. If you start as a noble and have a banner, does this cause you to be attacked by other factions regardless of your standing/ can you remain neutral the entire game and not be attacked by war parties, patrols, etc? Or, will this happen no matter what your standings are? example, if I was - with all factions, will the hunting parties, armies still chase me?
2. what is the best method for a new player to make gold? I was doing perfect, collecting bounties and selling sea raider goods until I started getting run down by other kingdoms.

thanks for any answers. I just started playing this great game, and I wonder how I missed seeing it back in 2010............again, I appreciate any advice.

I believe my question is answered. About 3 weeks of game time passed and I didn't raid any more caravans. It seems as if your standings will go back to 0. I also noticed, your faction during war with other factions gets worse and resets at peace.

I am curious however, is this because I chose being a noble and carry a banner? Does your standings go down based on what kingdom you are affiliated with from the beginning character creation choices when at war, or is this only for nobles......I hope I am making sense with this question. Thanks.

I think you dont get a benefit for being a noble except some character points.

One of the best way to make money is to raid village (primarly from one fraction) and try to avoid battles with them. Later you can join another fraction and go on raiding and besieging. You can also make a shitload of money watching the trading prices and buy cheap products, move them from A to B and sell them for a higer price.

greetings

i always play 'good' so no raiding villages. My way of making money is basically selling prisoners. With prisoner management 2 I can have up to 10 prisoners. Depending on level that's about 100 each average. Arm a companion with a mace so he subdues instead of kill. Then there's caravsn raiding (only while at war against their kingdom). Betting 100 for myself on tournsments. Another nice venue is manufacturing (not all are profitable, read their text).
Being a noble during chsracter creation makes the game easier. Kings will grant you a fief faster if you're a noble ( and much faster if you're a male noble)

Yeah that's a really good strategy if you want to play t. Otherwise set yourself up in one kingdom and raid villages (not apart of that kingdom). Then run back into friendly territory to sell off the goods, and recruit to refresh lost troops. It is more difficult of a start but it's a valid strategy I feel if you want to play a more infamous character.