• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(171730)

Recruit
5 Badges
Oct 7, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Playing as Mexico. I have been prepping for the US Civil War thinking I could declare war on them while they are busy and really expand my power while destroying/limiting theirs. However, when I saw CW events were getting close I started justifying a war. When my "acquire states" (I think that was the choice) CB had been justified I couldn't declare war. The button was grayed out.

So, I justified another CB. Liberate people, seemed to be broad enough. Same thing, couldn't declare war once I had the CB. So, I started decreasing relations, which was already low. And by the time it was negative 100 the US had already one the war. Which, I thought was incredibly fast. Especially when I was subsidizing the confederates.

I had also allied with the confederates from day one of the war. Why wouldn't they request my assistance?

Very discouraging! I think I am ready to kick Mexico to the curb and try a different country. Which is disappointing, figuring how much time in real life I have invested in the country already.

Any advice?

Thanks.

You are probably in the US sphere of influence. you can leave it at will by a decision if you have relations lower than 0. This will give them a CB on you, however.

It's funny because in my current game I'm in the exact same situation. As mexico, I have fought and won several wars with the US in an alliance with CSA and UK, but suddenly now they stuck me in their sphere of influence again without me noticing. I will have to reload and prepare for it, because they are fighting the poor CSA for the fourth time and if they win that's it for my Mexico-game. :happy:

Last edited: