• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gschelz

Jorus
19 Badges
Mar 20, 2009
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars
I haven't played Warlock in a while, although it has been one of my all-time favorites. So it is possible that I have forgotten something critical, but I can't seem to find a manual online/download to check.

I am playing Undead at the Impossible level with Dremers for the second time. I have allowed all the possible victory conditions. In neither game have I been able to build any sort of temple! I have built cities over every magical geographical feature found, but the option to build a temple never appears.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks, g

PS - any idea where I can download a manual? The official link seems to be broken and the unofficial links I've tried seem dangerous (the pc froze once).

Temples can only be built on Holy Grounds. Holy Grounds are usually guarded by Greater Fire Elementals, so if you see one of those then you know the resource is nearby.

I use experimentation and this wiki instead of a manual.

Holy Grounds - Something like that is what I thought. Is there any reason that I haven't been able to find ANY holy grounds? In the current game I have explored 95% of a huge map.
Thanks for the link! g

This is sort of obvious but nobody asked yet. During my first few playthrough I never found out about it so maybe it could be your case as well…

Have you been to all dimensions? Holy Grounds are usually there. Depends on map size, the bigger the more portals into dimensions are there. Each portal leads into different new map (small pocket space). You get there by going with unit onto portal (window pop up and after confirming it will port your unit there). Later in game there will be quite full of monsters so send scout first :)

Last edited:
Thanks, you are correct - I finally found them in a few of the mini dimensions, and on the other side of the world. I was afraid that one of my settings disabled the Holy Grounds. I had not seen any, at the time, in the two games I had played. Perhaps they are placed inconveniently when playing at Impossible level?

Anyhow, all is well - my Adepts are swilling Dremer blood! g

I just dropped by to ask the same question as the OP, being in the same situation as the OP: returning to the game after a long absence. And I haven't found any Holy Grounds in my first 3 games. So thanks all for the thread and answers.

I can't help thinking that some patch has changed things - there used to be quite a lot of Holy Grounds on every map and I didn't have to go into portals to find them. But I'll get used to the change I'm sure.

That's weird because I always get several holy sites on the main map, as well as some in the mini-dimensions.

Last edited:
True. But the Manual link in Steam works fine now.