• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Considering the huge success of Shogun 2 i kinda laugh at this.

You think Shogun 2 was a huge success because it was based on Japanese history? I think people mostly bought it because of the warfare, and the improved AI. All my games online, most ppl didnt give a crap for the history, which is too bad.

I have recently rediscovered this game and I am loving it again!

Its a good game... i think Paradox used it as a Pre-CK2 testing ground, but it turned to be a great game nonenthless!!

And everyone could improve it with some mods

sounds like a good game, sort of like CK lite - enjoyed EU Rome with VV for similar reason - love the period - will give it a try

I just bought the game last week from Amazon.
This is my first pure strategy game, but being a full-on Japanophile (new word? LOL), I'm loving it.
But, whew, it's a little much to learn....a LOT of trial-and-error

This is my first pure strategy game, but being a full-on Japanophile (new word? LOL), I'm loving it.

Welcome to strategy gaming. Nice to hear you like Sengoku. :)

In terms of game mechanics the game is bit limited compared to other Paradox titles, but it also means that the AI is more competent, since it has fewer things to worry about. Makes up for a quite challenging game.

Welcome to Paradox games. It is part of what makes their games so much fun. Just learning everything! Hope you enjoy it and make sure to check out some of their other games too.