• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

c_none

First Lieutenant
55 Badges
Jul 16, 2013
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
I've waited the whole autumn sales period for CK2 to take the %75 price reduction so that I can catch up with the DLCs. Since that didn't happen, on monday I grabbed the dlcs at %50 on the last minute.
Sure I know I am not supposed to complain on them having frequent sales but still I can't help but feeling a little cheated.
Well anyways I'm glad at least I was able to hold myself from getting the portraits and unit&music pack, now it's time to hit the purchase button!

you got stuff at 50% off and feel cheated? some people lol

you could have waited for the winter sale. I guarantee it will be 75% off then.

Like I said, I really don't wanna sound like a spoiled brat. It's just the order of the sales and having just 3 days in between bothers me.
For instance they had %10 discount on SoA stuff when it first came out, and they haven't discounted it's price on either of these two sales. Even that I haven't gotten SoA on early sales, I really respect their decision.

If you ask me, any price over 25% is a tax on impatience. There's a winter sale coming in 2 weeks on Steam, and CK2 is guaranteed to go -75% again. It is nice that we got it early as well, so thanks Paradox.

Like I said, I really don't wanna sound like a spoiled brat. It's just the order of the sales and having just 3 days in between bothers me.
For instance they had %10 discount on SoA stuff when it first came out, and they haven't discounted it's price on either of these two sales. Even that I haven't gotten SoA on early sales, I really respect their decision.

If you want you can laugh at me... I purchased CK2 and all the dlc's up to TOG for full price (including all the unit packs, faces, music, etc) for full price and not 3 hours later, everything went on sale for 75% off. This should make you feel better.

I know I always laugh at myself whenever I think about it.

If you ask me, any price over 25% is a tax on impatience. There's a winter sale coming in 2 weeks on Steam, and CK2 is guaranteed to go -75% again. It is nice that we got it early as well, so thanks Paradox.

I completely agree with every single word. I hope they include SoA stuff as well by then. And I really REALLY wish they sort the problem with levies cause I swore not to touch the game till it's fixed.

If you want you can laugh at me... I purchased CK2 and all the dlc's up to TOG for full price (including all the unit packs, faces, music, etc) for full price and not 3 hours later, everything went on sale for 75% off. This should make you feel better.

I know I always laugh at myself whenever I think about it.

Oh snaps man:/

Thanks for the heads up!

I will get the DLC-Collection now even though I already have them on GG. Less fuss, no wait for eventual transfer and I can 'gift' the GG-stuff to a friend. Still feel the pain of the OP, I myself where very Close of buying at the 50 % sale.

I bought CK2 back around August of 2012 for $40. A few days later it was on sale for $10. Thought fast forward to present and I put about 700 hours into the game. Bought tons of DLC and still not a penny wasted. I still think back to when I bought it for 40 and always like dang if only I waited. I couldn't wait the awesomness was calling my name.

The same has happened to me with other games. Lesson learned is only buy games on day one at full price, or only buy when they're on sale. I've paid full price for CK2 and every DLC because I've bought on release, it's still the best value entertainment ever.

Wasn't there a $20 bundle that was even lower just a couple of weeks ago? Anyway, maybe I'll buy a portrait pack or some songs... have to see. Sales are good.

Literally nobody to blame but yourself. Same situation happened to me for another game and I never blamed the developer or Steam. You were impatient and paid more, live with it and learn the lesson. You still got the game 50% off too.

Everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay for it.

Hence, you thought it was worth the price at 50% off - otherwise you wouldn't have bought it. That it went on another sale, well that's just a risk of buying pretty much ANYTHING in life.

I've waited the whole autumn sales period for CK2 to take the %75 price reduction so that I can catch up with the DLCs. Since that didn't happen, on monday I grabbed the dlcs at %50 on the last minute.
Sure I know I am not supposed to complain on them having frequent sales but still I can't help but feeling a little cheated.
Well anyways I'm glad at least I was able to hold myself from getting the portraits and unit&music pack, now it's time to hit the purchase button!

if you had to pay 125% you would feel cheated, but if you paid any price lower then regular one it is pathetic what you are talking about...

Such fanbois on here, getting mad at people complaining about discounts. Look, some people either can't afford 50%, or it's too low on their wishlist to be affordable at 50% after purchasing other games, or both. And Paradox is hardly going under because of those monstrous -75% sales, so why be so cagey about discounts?