• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ycee

Second Lieutenant
80 Badges
Nov 18, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
If my republic game wasn't buggy/weird already...
This is TOG start in Ironman.

1cZutd9.jpg

The pope has also called a crusade (hasn't chosen a target but marked its start, the text also mentioned that the pope is in exile).
Only thing I can think of is that my other ironman save has somehow bled into this one (can't imagine how) because I've rooted out Catholicism and replaced most of Europe with the Lollard faith. Anyone know wth happened?

Did you exit out of the game itself before starting this one? Because I think I've seen this before and it had something to do with not doing that.

I might be wrong about that though.

I don't think I even booted up that other save before starting this one. Closest thing I did was click on it to look at the map; is it possible that's what did it?

Edit: This is the ledger view.
xuqMK2B.jpg

3bKSteu.jpg

lol this is one of the better starts i've had as merchant republic too =.=

I don't think clicking a savegame before creating a new game create this issue, but resigning and starting a new game definately does. Which is why it is strongly suggested to start all new games with the current checksum. Otherwise these and other wierd and wonderful bugs can appear.

I think I might have resigned out of a botched ironman game of the same dynasty to restart my current one. Is that a possible cause? And does that spawn random bugs that have nothing to do with anything?

On a side note: What's with the trade post limits? By that I mean I can't take anyone else's trade posts anymore after attaining 4 myself. My limit is 1 so I'm at 4/1. To be clear, I'm trying to steal and I can't declare any more wars (I'm doge now but even when I wasn't I couldn't). Also, after stealing Doge of Amalfi's trade post as Doge of Venice, I went 5/1 then the 5th one auto disappeared. Is this WAD? Asking here because I didn't want to clutter the forum.

Yes any resigning and starting a new game can cause issues with the new game. Some information is not purged and can result in that information making it into the new game. It can even cause things like horde armies from never appearing, or randomly appearing at strange dates.

If you want to build more you need to get more male family members in your court, and upgrade tech and your palace. Why did the 5th one disappear? Probably an event, that triggered and appeared in the log without a popup event. Maybe a bug, but very hard to trace after the fact, unless you stop the game immediately and look for the reason.

I apologize if I'm misreading your post but does the limit apply to stealing via war? So far the game has let me steal 3 trade posts above my limit so that I'm sitting on 4/1. But after that it wouldn't let me declare war for trade posts anymore. I assumed this was why I lost my 5th. It's too bad the game doesn't save the logs too far back (although this would probably clog the game up pretty bad).

But yes, I do remember reading about starting fresh games with a fresh boot. Unfortunately I let myself forget. Lesson learned I suppose T.T

You are not allowed to declare war on patricians in your republic if you outnumber their tradeposts by a certain percentage. Because you know, your pretty much exploiting your fellow patricians. The republic works with many patricians, not just one family, using other patricians to acquire trade posts and constantly stealing them through war, so you had all the trade posts was considered an exploit.

Oh okay, that makes perfect sense. Yea, the game would have gotten stale much quicker if I could just stack trade posts through the other families. Thanks for the clarification!