• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

reedrosa

First Lieutenant
30 Badges
Jun 26, 2006
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I seem to remember when I first started playing this game there were tournaments that came up from time to time. Maybe they were options you could select to hold one. I have not seen them in a while and there is no option to hold one in the intrigue screen. Have tournaments been removed?

I seem to remember when I first started playing this game there were tournaments that came up from time to time. Maybe they were options you could select to hold one. I have not seen them in a while and there is no option to hold one in the intrigue screen. Have tournaments been removed?

You can hold a Grand Tournament. It is in the Decision section of the Intrigue tab. You need a minimum amount of prestige, it costs some gold, and a given ruler can only hold one in their lifetime. (Usually what happens is a bunch of people get wounded/maimed/killed, the top three winners like you a bit more, and then your opinion of everyone else increases by 10. NOT their opinion of you.).

As a vassal, every now and then, your liege may hold a Grand Tournament, where you have the opportunity to attend. The choice and random results may cause you to gain or lose Prestige, among other things.

The option should still be there. Has your ruler already held one in their lifetime?

One of my kings caught great pox from someone at his tournament once... :(

As Wezqu said females can not hold them, also must be independant.

But you also can not be leading an army. Resign from an army position and you will get the decision to do it appear.

OK. I'm the King of Bavaria, my liege is the Kaiser of the HRE. I guess that's why I don't see the option in the intrigue section. Thanks.

I really wish the tourney winners were actually good marshals. I've seen plenty of under 5 martial/misguided warriors win or place too highly in too many tournaments. I wish there was an actual tournament event where it would just take like 16 or so of the best lords/unlanded courtiers with high martial stats and there would be like a a few event pop ups saying who moves on to the next rounds and stuff, and the winner can actually get some kind of prize including but not limited a huge prestige boost or whatever.