• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MagooNZ

Captain
4 Badges
May 17, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
The most strategically important island of the south Pacific, Taveuni (#1755) is invaded from the Central Gilberts sea (#1951) which is miles away (& an invasion takes forever or simply doesnt ever happen, I gave up waiting), should be invaded from the West Tonga Trench sea (#1980).

Should be an easy one to fix Pang thanks .

Upvote 0
The fix for this is:
edit the Province.csv file in the \db directory
go to the province 1755 row, change the 14th data field (Port Seazone) in that row from 1951 to 1980.
Note that other provinces in the same zone (1753 & 1754, Nanua Levu & Lau Group) already have the correct 1980 Port Seazone.

All I have to do now is make this change and confirm that it works

Thanks Pang. Recently mcganyol taught me how to sea invade from any sea zone, not just the game's designated invasion sea zone, so that is a work around. I didn't know this method when starting this thread.

no multiple front bonus and max amphib size remains the same no matter how many "independent" landing you launch.
1, move transports to desired location
2, click 'unload troops'
3, right click on target, like a regular attack

[on the attached screen glassgow is owned but if it's not then an amphib attack starts]

Last edited:
Thankyou MagooNZ for bringing this up - 6 of us have this problem in an online game, I'll now update the others on how it can be invaded. We might just leave it as a demilitarized zone if an invasion takes too long, but it's good to know it's a coding issue and not due to any error on our part!

Mr_B0narpte, it sounds like you have a good game underway, with 6 human players. Not sure if your problem was with this specific province or another province with a similar problem. Note that I have updated my above posting with a link to the "invade from any sea province" work around.

It was for this specific province as well. Thankyou for the update - mcganyol is one of the 6 of us playing :)

There actually are 2 issues with Taveuni:
1) The amphib, which MagooNZ discusses.
2) Once you own it, or have access to that island, can you send a ship to its port? This can be tested opening 1936 CG as UK.