• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ugh!

I really don't like AI boosting events unless there really is no other alternative. Maybe slightly better AI versions of normal events, but I really prefer to see the AI deal with the same events as humans.

hmmmm I just had a thought (based on the GC)....and since Im at my university I cant check to see if something along the same line has already been included in the EEP.....so please bear with me....

anyway,....I have for a long time been frustrated by the stupidity in having totally skeewed event choices where u would have to be an imbecile (or the ai) to choose not always take the "good" choice...a good example of this IMO is the "city of mens desire" event by which the OE can move their capitol to Thrace....only the ai would consider not doing so....this prompted me to ask the question "what reason could there be NOT to move the capitol?" ...and I came up with what I myself think is an obvious fantasy option....a reason for the OE NOT to move the capitol to Thrace could be that they decided to focus on the east rather than the west....ei. a radical consequence of choosing event choise b) "leave it where it is" could be:

- loose greek & slavonic culture
- gain mongol and/or Persian culture (perhaps make NO in "city of mens desires" trigger an event prompting the OE to choose whether to go north "mongol" or east "persian")
- loose all coreshields in europe except their starting balkan possessions....
- gain core shields ...perhaps through fantasy-events....on caucasus, crimea, aden, oman, persia.....
- get a significant drop in innovation...or alternatively simply drop to muslim techgroup..(to illustrate them turning their back on the west)
- perhaps trigger an alternative "great shipyard event" (cant remember the real name?!) so the shipyard is placed in either the redsea or the arabian gulf...

this way saying NO to move the capitol would no longer simply be stupid....now it would instead set some interesting alternative history into play...(ofcause this by no means doesnt mean that it might no longer still be a stupid choice...but atleast it would be fun)

...of less fantasy scope it has always bothered me that an ai choosing the "wrong" option (b) in the "option where OE normally gains a free CC and increased quality"....basically just scr..ws itself.....the alternative choice which as I read it from the even is basically a drop the idea of a professional army and go for a millitiatype army....so naturally where the a) choice gives a CC...the b) choice should give several random manpower boosts......

anyway u clever folks here probably already did something along these lines....but since I couldnt find it...I figured I might as well post this....who knows perhaps I managed to think of something usefulll......which ofcause isnt all that likely ....but still....:rolleyes:

In my last game I noticed that one of OE flop reasons is the ferocity of Mehmet(?) II. The OE just keep a silly war with Servia and Hungary for almost 40 years, with all the european lands occupied by both. After that king died they just gave Servia some ducats and move on, although very, very weakened for that long inactivity time, and without conquer Thrace...

Originally posted by Carlitos
In my last game I noticed that one of OE flop reasons is the ferocity of Mehmet(?) II. The OE just keep a silly war with Servia and Hungary for almost 40 years, with all the european lands occupied by both. After that king died they just gave Servia some ducats and move on, although very, very weakened for that long inactivity time, and without conquer Thrace...
I think you are right. We have removed that ferocity = yes, and some others. IMO it fits only states emerging in civil war, like FPR or FUC.

I noticed that the core I added to the OE for Apulia was removed, despite the fact that the Ottomans did in fact, take Otranto in Apulia. Had Mehmet II not died suddenly, I expect he probably would have taken quite a bit more of Italy.

So which cores did you remove? Did you add any new ones?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
I noticed that the core I added to the OE for Apulia was removed, despite the fact that the Ottomans did in fact, take Otranto in Apulia. Had Mehmet II not died suddenly, I expect he probably would have taken quite a bit more of Italy.

So which cores did you remove? Did you add any new ones?
I think the cores in Italy and Spain was removed, but I cannot really tell since it was quite some time ago. We actually voted on ievery core so it wasn't done at a whim. OE is really a special case in the way they are getting their cores. Most other nations need to have some claim on the cores they get while OE just get the ones they conquered. It was probably considered that they shouldn't get a obidient and quiet population in Italy if they conquered it, since they didn't hold it for long. At least that was my reasoning. (Many other nations don't get cores on all their conquests so it isn't really unfair.)

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
The purpose of those cores was to drive the OE to attack Italy and Spain, not reward a human player who can take what he wants and hold it anyway.
Since the OE in EEP cannot even manage to take anything close to what they did in the Balkans and knock out the Mamelukes this idea might come from good intentions but nevertheless I cannot see how it could work. Effectively it would only lead to another hopeless war for the AI and (historically questionable) extra cores for the player. If the Ottoman AI can perform well in the merger, then it might be worth adding?

I have played eep quite alot lately, and i have made one observation about ottoman empire. It seems they have a low stability very often.
Since the ai have trouble handling revolts, this seems to make ottos suffer repops of various annexed nations. Some event with + stab seems to be in order. I do think the Ottomans were pretty "stable" in the 1500-1600 ?

If Hungary becomes totally Islamified, maybe the Ottomans can get Magyar culture? This was their last great conquest, and if they get Slavonic culture because they partially Islamified the region, perhaps this Magyar idea isn't as crazy as it seems? All of the cores gained in the Suleyman demands the Keys to Hungary event must be Islam (except Vienna) for this event to happen. The Treaty of Karlowitz event will convert these provinces to Christian once again, to simulate the Habsburgs or whoever evicting the Muslims.

On a sidenote, I am playing as the Ottomans in 1.37 and have not breached the badboy limit. Austria and Poland declare war on me every 5 years, getting damn annoying. I just take their capitals and give them 50 gold and they usually back off. It's Austria's ally, Spain, that's causing trouble in north Africa. AI ferocity is at coward and this still happens. I thought it was only supposed to be like this if you set the starting conditions to be very aggressive.

ptan54 said:
Is this thread dead then? I have been told to post this on the appropriate Ottoman thread, but I cannot find one covering the post 1520 events. There exists only one for 1419-1520. If nobody responds I shall just create a new thread. Sue me.
EEP is dead. It turned into AGCEEP.