I'm proposing a complete rethinking of the way the OE is handled.
First off, I wanna reorganize the OEs cores into periods of conquest. For example, we'd start out with the OE having cores on the areas it held up to the Battle of Ankara, plus the areas it tried to conquer, like Thrace and Kurdistan. Then, when Murad II rises to the throne, we have an event: The Conquests of Murad II, which would add Bosnia as a core. Then the Conquests of Mehmet II, which would add Albania, Athens, Morea, and so on.
Because Paradox has some odd cores for the OE, like Krain, Istria, Steirmark, and Ragusa, which the OE never tried to conquer, and Slovakia, Dalmatia, Croatia, etc, which the OE never succeeded in conquering. I'm gonna purge some territories permanently from the list (the ones they never tried to conquer). On the other hand, I'd like to add territories the did try and conquer, like Apulia, Vienna, as well as the missing cores for territories they did conquer, like Iraq, Cyrenaica, etc.
I wanna change the start up to a more historical one:
* OE allied with Albania, Bosnia, and Wallachia (actually the OE and Wallachia were at war in 1419, but it was over before the end of the year and Wallachia ended up having to provide troops for Murad's campaigns).
* Athens will grant the OE military access.
* Bosnia, Albania, Wallachia, Karaman, and the Byzantines are vassals of the OE.
* Teke is removed and Antalya is given to OE.
* Timurids start out with warning against OE.
* Timurids have Right of Passage through Black Sheep, White Sheep, and Dulkadir (this should be limited to only a few years)
* Drop relations between Ak Koyonlu and OE.
* (possible) Remove Macedonia from OE and give it to Byzantines.
* Change the starting setting of the OE to be more aristocratic, decentralized, mercantilist, and quantity over quality.
* Abolish the Turksih navy, they didn't have one.
* Fix the starting Turkish armies to something more managable.
* Fix the starting money of the OE. It will no longer need the 1,000 gold with which it starts.
* Start the OE out knowing about Central Asia, the Indian Ocean (and the Red Sea and Persian Gulf) and the Indian coasts. It's from where they came and with whom they traded.
* Increase Anatolian manpower.
* Thrace should have a population of only about 30,000. It's manpower should be dropped to 0 or 1. It can be raised via event during a Byzantine resurgance or if it falls to the Turks.
* Morea's city should be changed to Mistra.
* Should Kastamonu's city should be changed to Sinope? Kastamanu was the administrative center for the Ottomans, but Sinope was where the Jandarid's held power longest (and where the anti-Ottoman part of the dynasty lived.
* Should we change Kurdistan's city to Diyarbakir?