• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Knut Skallagrim

Major
71 Badges
Jul 29, 2013
  • Victoria 2
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Ok look there are two known bugs:

Not everyone can join the MP game -> kinda fixed, it's gameranger fault since it fails to assign the ips to people who joins, so you just have to copypaste the correct ip given to others who can manage to join and everything is ok.

Unknown crashes - i guess this is for the glory fault, look i know this is kinda under almost no development (i saw a patch yesterday the 1.3b) but it would be awesome if it doesn't crashes at all. I've played eu2 a lot of time and i'm ok with crashes, having those in mp is quite bad actually!

Thanks for the answers, if anyone still reads this forum! This is still a good game and MP IS SO FUNNY! I almost prefer it to eu4 ahah

Well, I was playing a long A4K game with my friend once until 19th Century, an only problem we had with Gameranger were random lags when time was literally stopping for everyone, also conversions were messed up - game would say that it was successful, while in fact it was not and vice versa.

Still, I believe it is the best we can get as for now. Constant auto-saves (every 3 years or one year even) can prevent most of bugs I can imagine.

Thanks for the answers, if anyone still reads this forum! This is still a good game and MP IS SO FUNNY!

MP is absolutely hillarious, especially with voice chat. Wish I could play bigger A4K game with someone. ;)

Well, I was playing a long A4K game with my friend once until 19th Century, an only problem we had with Gameranger were random lags when time was literally stopping for everyone, also conversions were messed up - game would say that it was successful, while in fact it was not and vice versa.

Exactly, we also had this problem, one event of conversion in granada occurred, but nothing really happened =P, and same for the time stopping for joiners, we had one struck at 1422, another in 1423, and me 1425 LOL. So there's no way to fix this?
I'm playing with some friends from my uni (we are 5) but i'm the only one who knows for the glory and agceep for good so i'm kinda teaching them how to play (they've bought the game in this week sale because of me ahah) vanilla mode, then we'll switch to mods and such (ofc i'll let them try agceep since i've loved it back in times).
Is there any way to play mp except game ranger, so i can experiment if there are some difference between the clients?

Exactly, we also had this problem, one event of conversion in granada occurred, but nothing really happened =P, and same for the time stopping for joiners, we had one struck at 1422, another in 1423, and me 1425 LOL. So there's no way to fix this?

Seems like a Gameranger issue. I managed to play with my friend via Hamachi once, but game crashed after 15 years and we couldn't connect anymore.

In the end Gameranger requires quick rehosts and save edits to correct conversions, but it's doable - just requires some mobility (voice chat is useful since you instantly know if lag happened).

I'm playing with some friends from my uni (we are 5) but i'm the only one who knows for the glory and agceep for good so i'm kinda teaching them how to play (they've bought the game in this week sale because of me ahah)

[video=youtube;-yNhl8wT3Pc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc[/video]​

The more the merrier, good job sire ;)

then we'll switch to mods and such (ofc i'll let them try agceep since i've loved it back in times).

I hath converted old EU2 1453 MP scenario here, that might be easier to go with since it doesn't have all AGCEEP stuff, more suited for a only-players world. You might want to give this one go ;)

Or else A4K, best mod ever. But new version is still in works, so it will take some time.

Is there any way to play mp except game ranger, so i can experiment if there are some difference between the clients?

I've been using Tunngle for a few other games and it worked just fine. I believe it's worth trying too, but I cannot guarantee any results (someone mentioned that it doesn't really work with Darkest Hour, so you just gotta go and test it).

Aside of all this stuff, bring yo' folks here to dem forums, we could always use more people, and/or if you still have sum places for other players, damn, like you know, I want to play a bit too :(

Ahaha thanks for the answer :D So it's a gameranger issue, i knew it! It's a good client which offers a lot of multiplayer games but so much unstable, i'll try tunngle and post a feedback. I cannot try the direct connection since my ISP doesn't allow me to do that (i have an hag and i cannot set up ports, so i must always use a vlan program :S)
Anyways we need to train a bit since we're a bit rusted :), and i'll try to show them the forum but i guess they'll accomodate on things with me asking for the group XD, we always play using skype and are all italians, i don't think everyone can manage to speak in english but ofc i can help.

Hamachi has maximum connections of 5 and it's not good since sometimes we can reach 6 players, and you just made me remember that during agceep (single player) my game always crashes in a particular date, i'll check it when i have time.
When we will be ready to do a mp (at least me damn! ahah), i'll not forget about you!

And lol i downloaded your scenario 20 mins ago while i was reading forums to see other feedbacks about mp, we'll try it asap XD

i'll try tunngle and post a feedback.

I'm quite curious to see whether it works too, so if you need someone to test it quickly, you know who you gotta talk to.

we always play using skype and are all italians, i don't think everyone can manage to speak in english but ofc i can help.

Ciao ragazzi de Italia calcio di rigore antiamo Milan? Well, we all gotta try something new once in a while, no?

Still, if that's a real problem, usual Skype chat should work too, main reason is

AGCEEP is really more of a SP mod, and although glorious, it might not be the best choice.

When we will be ready to do a mp (at least me damn! ahah), i'll not forget about you!

Hah, no probs, I was looking to get some people to play small, fun FtG game (a real/serious campaign would probably drain my nerves), and it is a glorious day to see that there's a chance to get more people around to play and do FtG things. :D

And lol i downloaded your scenario 20 mins ago while i was reading forums to see other feedbacks about mp, we'll try it asap XD

Take note that there might be some bugs or issues I've missed, mostly culture setup. I can't remember now since I converted it quite a long time ago.

Ahahah we have a milanist but he's in a "pause" from watching the team 'cause of last insuccesses. Bueuhuehueh. We're all from Napoli.
I think it's not a problem to play using skype actually since almost everyone already played online internationally but we do not speak english fluently as you can see from my grammar, but ofc we can try.

Hah, no probs, I was looking to get some people to play small, fun FtG game (a real/serious campaign would probably drain my nerves), and it is a glorious day to see that there's a chance to get more people around to play and do FtG things.
Yeah but you've not seen how small and fun were the first games, we rushed playing opm, draining treasury to try to instablob, ending game 20 years later being annexed with 40% inflation, no allies, megarevolts, uber coalition wars and no way to help each other.
Now fortunately we managed to do better, and actually we started to remember how it worked, and of course we've chosen easier countries to play.

Ahahah we have a milanist but he's in a "pause" from watching the team 'cause of last insuccesses. Bueuhuehueh. We're all from Napoli.

I just saw Tiziano Crudelli a few times, and well, I can never stop making fun out of him :D

Yeah but you've not seen how small and fun were the first games, we rushed playing opm, draining treasury to try to instablob, ending game 20 years later being annexed with 40% inflation, no allies, megarevolts, uber coalition wars and no way to help each other.

That sounds like a glorious fun :D I've seen one attempt to start a campaign like that on another forum. OPMs were given a few cores in local area and some more money, but sadly it never really started :(

Okay, just in case we'll go too offtopic soon, here, catch my skype - anjinmiura666 - just message me if something important's about to happen ;)

Yes, there is a way: not using *any* client of the sort of Gameranger/Hamachi/etc. You can connect directly to any other player. All you have to do, is to open the port range 2300-2400 (both TCP and UDP) on your Internet router. The host needs to open the port 47624 TCP additionally. Then you can play without any sort of client.
You can find out how to do port forwarding (also known as NAT) on your router here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

All the bugs happening during online play mentioned in this thread are side-effects of using clients like GameRanger or Hamachi. They have been known since the EU2 days. And they have been never seen on games using direct connections instead of clients :)

Yes, there is a way: not using *any* client of the sort of Gameranger/Hamachi/etc. You can connect directly to any other player. All you have to do, is to open the port range 2300-2400 (both TCP and UDP) on your Internet router. The host needs to open the port 47624 TCP additionally. Then you can play without any sort of client.
You can find out how to do port forwarding (also known as NAT) on your router here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

All the bugs happening during online play mentioned in this thread are side-effects of using clients like GameRanger or Hamachi. They have been known since the EU2 days. And they have been never seen on games using direct connections instead of clients :)

This is both good and bad news for me, because my hag cannot port forward (<_____< i know i know), i've read this solution in other posts already but i didn't know it was the panacea for everything. I'm gonna save this guide so when i get the new hag i can go for this. Now i still need to try tunngle and give it a last chance, if the bugs will present another time i'll rush for a modern hag. My group will follow me because i'm a dictator and the only noob who cannot port forward from here to hell. Thanks :p I'll post a feed back to say if things went well