Thread: WINNERS SELECTED for the fourth round of We are the World!

WINNERS SELECTED for the fourth round of We are the World!

Another close call but we are proud to present to you all the winners of the fourth round of the We are the World competition.

Ahistorical Ministers

Fifth place winner: Clueless636 for the entry Erikkson
    "The Atlantic Kim ill sung", how could we not enjoy such a controversial yet intriguing entry?
    Your Prize: An event will be made so that when your avatar comes to power, an event will trigger that presents your written background story.

Fourth place winner: Santander for the entry Al-Umar
    An alternative to the Jordanian king who's rule is overthrown midway but has a strong comeback with Palestinian independence.
    Your Prize: The above plus a personal guard unit that will be formed in your capital when your avatar comes to power, which you will get to name (something tasteful, please! )

Third place winner: Claymore1 for the entry Seamus O'Neil
    A hopeful uniter of Ireland who's life is cut short by extremism but not by the IRA as suspected.
    Your Prize: The above plus a national monument placed, in your honor, in the capital of your avatar's nation.

Second place winner: Towarischtsch for the entry Ibrahim Tarek
    Working hard to establish good relations with leaders and parties across boundaries controversial to the old guard.
    Your Prize: The above plus a bonus added in the economy, military, or diplomacy of the nation, which will be introduced by the character.

First place winner: Emperorheinrich for the entry Brian O'Connelly
    A possible agitator for Irish independence and self determination. Controversy surrounds his life along with much grief and loss.
    Your Prize: The above and you will be contacted by a developer to craft one strategic goal for NATO in partnership with the development team.

Historical Ministers

The winner for Round 4 is FOARP! The A major help across the board for every country, and catcher of mishaps too!

The Prizes:
    You will be mentioned in the credits of the game.

Three weeks prior to game release, we will have selected the top three out of all previous winners of the historical minister prize. These winners will gain early access to the game in order to create their own custom battle plan for either NATO or the Warsaw pact that will be included in East vs West at release.

Each of the winners will forever be immortalized in The Hall of Fame Thread until the end of time. Did you not win?
    Participate in round six and impress us with YOUR story, where each round will hold awesome prizes!

For more, visit the We are the World event and check out the newest nations available!

Jonathan Ware (We are the World Lead, Minister Team)
    Tony Demchak (We are the World Guru, Minister Team)
    Peter Hansen (Minister Team)
    Last edited by Garek Maxwell; 03-12-2013 at 20:54.
    "No you are wrong, ninjas can come from any ethnic culture, the Amish for example." -- FatSpider

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great choices.
    BTW, small mistake; you probably wanted to say: "Participate in round six " not "Participate in round four"
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget.

And luckily the reality has no advertising budget...

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarius1997 View Post
    Great choices.
    BTW, small mistake; you probably wanted to say: "Participate in round six " not "Participate in round four"
    Fixed. And I guess it's obvious I use a template now. :P
    "No you are wrong, ninjas can come from any ethnic culture, the Amish for example." -- FatSpider

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India Company
    Hearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2Sword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Short note on why the announcement for round four. We worked on finalizing the faction part of the game and felt that we wanted to get the balance just right. This also enabled us to have two winners to get the proper balance for each faction as this is such an important essence of the Cold War. Thank you guys for your patience and congratulations to you!
    Game Developer East vs West - Game Designer and Head of Soft-coding team
    Gellert F. K. - Executive Producer
    www.strategy-mill.com

Strategy Mill -Transforming the elements”
    info@strategy-mill.com

OMG Thanks so much you guys!

Just noticed something real quick in O'Connelly's bio. The last sentence of the third paragraph should read:

"He channeled the grief he felt over her passing into an intense interest in politics, particularly in the future of the Irish Free State, and became a local organizer for Sinn Fein."

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

"Another close call but we are proud to present to you all the winners of the third round of the We are the World competition."

Third round indeed.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold500k club

My minister's first name is Yusuf. I would appreciate it if you didn't just refer to him by his family name.
    "Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."
    - Attributed to Buddha

"You cannot hand a woman land;
    Your vassals would not understand.

Due to ye olde feudal law
    Which calls for King or maybe Shah,
    You cannot simply hand a castle
    To a lass to make a vassal;

Only realms that could allow
    A title to pass to a frau -
    Her elder brother quite supplanted -
    And have this law not be recanted,
    Could then allow most feudal places
    To be met with womens' graces.

This law is called Cognatic True;
    If you're female, it's a boon to you.

Now how to get it, you might ask?
    Just be a Cathar, or a Basque."

-Five_X on Cognatic succession
    Democratic .....[|––––-----]... Authoritarian
    Political Left .[------|---]. Political Right
    Open Society ...[|---------].. Closed Society
    Free Market ....[|---------] Central Planning
    Standing Army ..[----|-----].... Drafted Army
    Hawk Lobby .....[-------|--]...... Dove Lobby
    Interventionism [--------|-].... Isolationism

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    My minister's first name is Yusuf. I would appreciate it if you didn't just refer to him by his family name.
    He won't be that way in the actual game -- I have a feeling Garek wanted to hurry up and get the winners announced.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    He won't be that way in the actual game -- I have a feeling Garek wanted to hurry up and get the winners announced.
    Ah, no problem. By the way, would I be able to write up a more detailed background story?
    "Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."
    - Attributed to Buddha

"You cannot hand a woman land;
    Your vassals would not understand.

Due to ye olde feudal law
    Which calls for King or maybe Shah,
    You cannot simply hand a castle
    To a lass to make a vassal;

Only realms that could allow
    A title to pass to a frau -
    Her elder brother quite supplanted -
    And have this law not be recanted,
    Could then allow most feudal places
    To be met with womens' graces.

This law is called Cognatic True;
    If you're female, it's a boon to you.

Now how to get it, you might ask?
    Just be a Cathar, or a Basque."

-Five_X on Cognatic succession
    Democratic .....[|––––-----]... Authoritarian
    Political Left .[------|---]. Political Right
    Open Society ...[|---------].. Closed Society
    Free Market ....[|---------] Central Planning
    Standing Army ..[----|-----].... Drafted Army
    Hawk Lobby .....[-------|--]...... Dove Lobby
    Interventionism [--------|-].... Isolationism

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Ah, no problem. By the way, would I be able to write up a more detailed background story?
    I don't see why not, but I'd PM Garek to make sure.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Oh I came third ...wow I completely forgot I created him