• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aprof

Rough Writer
11 Badges
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
I'm somewhat embarrassed to say this, but I picked up March of the Eagles on CD from amazon.com a couple months ago, but then didn't have the opportunity to install it until recently. Now that I have, I'm so glad I bought it. It's a thoroughly engaging game which - so far - has not failed to please.

I especially like the operational scale of the game. Not quite down to tactical level, although choice of leaders and brigade arrangement does tend to give it some of that flavor. Nor is it purely strategic - where my other favorite Paradox games (Victoria, Victoria 2) lie.

I do hope that it continues to receive some attention from the devs and community. It would be sad if this gem of a game doesn't get the chance to reach its full potential.

I agree with that!

The game has a lot of potential, but there is a lot of work to unravel it. ;)

Agreed, needs a little, and so much possibility!

It needs more support... I fear that this game is just going to be forgotten by PDS... :(

Seems as long as Paradox's model remains "support games that sell a lot, phase out of games that don't," there will be games that are doomed to be shelved without further support, especially when they are sold within 4-6 months of a major flagship release (be it the base game or one of the major expansions). The flagships will get the sales, the support and the exposure, and the smaller titles will get forgotten. I;m not trying to criticize, I understand the policy, but it is unfortunate that that is what is happening.

A carelessly tossed gem in the rough. If more people played the multiplayer (and it was supported) then it would be great and probably could become Paradox's best MP game.

Just asking out of curiosity, what kind of features would you like to see implemented, to result in a more polished game?

I would like to see:

-More sophisticated tactical decisions for setting up the battles.
-A more advanced supply system
-A proper role for Partisans (cutting supply lines)
-More graphical improvements and flavor (not necessarily DLC's)

- bit more atmosphere (events, graphs)
- a proper finale & some nice statistics
- less bugs :)
- working (and easy working!) MP

Anyway, this is a great game. Paradox should make more of these.
Although I think as of right now they're quite busy with Europa Universalis 4 and East vs West. Perhaps after they're satisfied with all the expansions added to EU4 that they will come back to March of the Eagles?

Yeah I wracked up 12 hours on the week of release which is quite a lot of gaming hours for me these days because I loved it so much, was waiting for an expansion or major patch with some new stuff but it never happened. I just bought the graphical DLC so giving it another shot this weekend.

I don't see why we couldn't have some more official time based scenarios around this time period, a war of 1812 scenario would surely boost sales as well and get into that traditional US military historical section of gamers surely.