Talks between the Union began to degrade as more and more southern states called for independence in the wake of changing social reform. It wasn't long before those same southern states made good on their promise: They seceded from the Union and declared independence. Even a confederation of states was unsuitable; it would be freedom or nothing.
The western states were next, now having a mandate in which to form their own republics. Lightly populated and highly unregulated, they scooped up land out of former US territory holdings and raised flags of independence. Without a strong military to enforce their borders, former states divided at the seams and anyone with a philosophy and good charisma was able to attract followers to their cause.
The northern-most Mexican states reacted similarly, distancing themselves from a corrupt political system far away in Mexico City. The Republic of the Rio Grande was the first, and one-by-one similar states and federations of states began to declare independence. The domino effect swept southward and there was little the Federal government of Mexico could do to stop it save for the cities and territory directly around Mexico City.
While Mexico erupted into chaos, British Canada similarly fell apart. Seeing that sprawling nations that spanned continents were being abolished, territorial lines were drawn for several new nations that agreed to their accords and revolted against the British government. Britain, only able to hold the territory of Ontario, splintered into several smaller nations. Though there is dissent among their people, and loyalties to the British Crown remain strong...
Welcome to Divided We Stand.
Download Version 2.1.1
1. Download the Mod ZIP file.
2. Extract the ZIP file's contents into your Victoria 2 /mod/ folder.
3. Start the game, selecting the Divided We Stand checkbox in the launcher.
4. Begin the game using the A House Divided 1861 Start date.
Divided We Stand (DWS) adds almost 70 new nations to the North American continent. Take a former-state and steak a claim at a new world.
Can you conquer the whole of North America while smaller nations squabble over territory disputes? Can you bring an otherwise unknown nation to greatness and glory as the world's super power? Can you hold back hungry super-powers eyeing North American land? What will the world's path be without three of the greatest nations to help shape its history?
Start in Nickajack and lead the anti-slavery movement from below the Mason-Dixon line.
Start in a New England state, release the New England Republic, and try to reclaim your cores.
As the British, attempt to squelch the uprising in Canada and take back your land.
Lead the holy call of independence as Deseret and reform the great nation taken from you.
Fight a land war in Nebraska to free the state of Wyoming. And then use your armies in the west to free the state of Oregon.
Attempt to reform the Confederate States. Or even the United States of America. Can the phoenix rise from the ashes? Some say it's impossible...
DrSunshine: For helping with the mod, its ideas, union creation, and event writing.
Joziable: Event writing, religion creation, tweaks and fixes.
Faulty: Bug fixing.
LP97S and QuoProQuid: For playtesting and criticism.
Many others: For ideas, thoughts, and suggestions!
Version 2.1.1, 2014-07-27
- Hotfix to repair broken CSA reformation decision and attempt to nerf Federal States.
Version 2.1, 2014-07-26
- Changed Pennsylvania's name.
- Adjusted pops.
- Added new regional pops.
- Changed the city pride events to reduce spam and decrease prestige granted.
- Modified forming unions based on modifier factors.
- Fixed Event 308.
- Added starting technologies for nations without them.
- Changed Federal States color.
- Changed Federal States government.
- Fixed typos.
Version 2.0, 2014-07-22
- Added LDS/Mormon religion.
- Added Cordoba nation.
- Event update for federations and unions.
- Changed United Virginia's starting power and name, now "Old Dominion".
- Changed Mexico's starting territories.
- Typo fixes.
Version 1.6, 2014-01-03
- Added support for American unions.
Version 1.5, 2013-12-19
- Removed USA union formation following Nationalist revolution.
- Balanced starting technologies.
Version 1.4, 2013-12-08
- Updated cores to reduce insurgency.
- Updated national technology levels.
- Fixed bug where Fascist titles and Communist titles were swapped.
Version 1.0, 2013-11-29
- Initial release of Divided We Stand.
Want to do a video LP or walkthrough using Divided We Stand? By all means, you are free to do so. Post here and I will link it in this post! I would love to see it.
Something fun, a big showcase of (almost) all of the flags in the mod (465x4416):