Talks between the Union began to degrade as more and more southern states called for independence in the wake of changing social reform. It wasn't long before those same southern states made good on their promise: They seceded from the Union and declared independence. Even a confederation of states was unsuitable; it would be freedom or nothing.
The western states were next, now having a mandate in which to form their own republics. Lightly populated and highly unregulated, they scooped up land out of former US territory holdings and raised flags of independence. Without a strong military to enforce their borders, former states divided at the seams and anyone with a philosophy and good charisma was able to attract followers to their cause.
The northern-most Mexican states reacted similarly, distancing themselves from a corrupt political system far away in Mexico City. The Republic of the Rio Grande was the first, and one-by-one similar states and federations of states began to declare independence. The domino effect swept southward and there was little the Federal government of Mexico could do to stop it save for the cities and territory directly around Mexico City.
While Mexico erupted into chaos, British Canada similarly fell apart. Seeing that sprawling nations that spanned continents were being abolished, territorial lines were drawn for several new nations that agreed to their accords and revolted against the British government. Britain, only able to hold the territory of Ontario, splintered into several smaller nations. Though there is dissent among their people, and loyalties to the British Crown remain strong...
Welcome to Divided We Stand.
Download Version 2.4.1
1. Download the Mod ZIP file.
2. Extract the ZIP file's contents into your Victoria 2 /mod/ folder.
3. Start the game, selecting the Divided We Stand checkbox in the launcher.
4. Begin the game using the A House Divided 1861 Start date.
Divided We Stand (DWS) adds almost 70 new nations to the North American continent. Take a former-state and steak a claim at a new world.
Can you conquer the whole of North America while smaller nations squabble over territory disputes? Can you bring an otherwise unknown nation to greatness and glory as the world's super power? Can you hold back hungry super-powers eyeing North American land? What will the world's path be without three of the greatest nations to help shape its history?
Start in Nickajack and lead the anti-slavery movement from below the Mason-Dixon line.
Start in a New England state, release the New England Republic, and try to reclaim your cores.
As the British, attempt to squelch the uprising in Canada and take back your land.
Lead the holy call of independence as Deseret and reform the great nation taken from you.
Fight a land war in Nebraska to free the state of Wyoming. And then use your armies in the west to free the state of Oregon.
Attempt to reform the Confederate States. Or even the United States of America. Can the phoenix rise from the ashes? Some say it's impossible...
mrtherussian: Decision writing, bug fixes, event writing, nation handling, and much more!
DrSunshine: For helping with the mod, its ideas, union creation, and event writing.
Joziable: Event writing, religion creation, tweaks and fixes.
Faulty: Bug fixing.
Many others: For ideas, thoughts, and suggestions!
Version 2.4.1, 2014-08-14
- Updated Ohio's primary culture to Buckeye.
Version 2.4, 2014-08-14
(As written by mrtherussian.)
- Fixed infinite tag switching. Tag switching to higher order nations (ie. FED, CSA) prevents tag switching to lower order nations (ie. New England, Great Lakes). Can no longer tag switch between nations of the same level either (ie. New England cannot form Great Lakes).
- Fixed un-formable nations. All formable nations included in the original mod are now working.
- Fixed early FED/CSA issue. The AI will not petition to join a federation unless it is at least a secondary power. The country considering joining also will not join if it is a secondary or higher power. Requires relations 150 and that both the federation and country are democracies. Requires the federation have less than 25 infamy. Should prevent FED and CSA appearing by revolution and then eating everything within a year.
- Fixed infinite annexation. Spheres are only annexed if they hold cores of the new nation, and even then only those core provinces will be annexed.
- Forming nations now properly requires Nationalism and Imperialism to be researched (typo was preventing this).
- Cascadia no longer requires possession of the two core provinces owned by Russia in order to be formed.
- Added a clause to formation decisions that gives an exemption decision if the sphereling is played by a human.
- Western States of America cores added to Texas (were intended to be there, I think, since WST was set to be formed only by a nation with texan as primary culture).
- Great Lakes Union cores added to Minnesota.
- Great Lakes Union now formable by Yankee and anglo Canadian cultures. Previously only hoosier and buck eye were allowed.
- Added "form Canada" decision for Canadians. I look out for you guys too, eh?
- Freed Ontario from the clutches of the UK, gave it a few cores in the Great Lakes region.
- Added Superior cores in the Lake Superior region of Ontario.
- Removed Plains Association cores from Minnesota.
- Added Ohio cores to Westsylvania. Ohio was beginning the game with all of its cores and triggering its ambition event within a few days of game start.
- Added an "Ambition of Massachusetts" event to mimic other ambition events since New England was the only formable region without a country that got this event.
- Many of the events in the mod would not fire due to syntax errors, all of which have been fixed.
- Slightly increased POPs ONLY OF SOLDIERS in many of the countries, especially Canadian and western countries. Should help neighbors of California not instantly die in a fire. No other POPs changed.
Version 2.2, 2014-08-01
- Fixes to regional nation creation and statehood application.
- Updated cores.
Version 2.1.1, 2014-07-27
- Hotfix to repair broken CSA reformation decision and attempt to nerf Federal States.
Version 2.1, 2014-07-26
- Changed Pennsylvania's name.
- Adjusted pops.
- Added new regional pops.
- Changed the city pride events to reduce spam and decrease prestige granted.
- Modified forming unions based on modifier factors.
- Fixed Event 308.
- Added starting technologies for nations without them.
- Changed Federal States color.
- Changed Federal States government.
- Fixed typos.
Version 2.0, 2014-07-22
- Added LDS/Mormon religion.
- Added Cordoba nation.
- Event update for federations and unions.
- Changed United Virginia's starting power and name, now "Old Dominion".
- Changed Mexico's starting territories.
- Typo fixes.
Version 1.6, 2014-01-03
- Added support for American unions.
Version 1.5, 2013-12-19
- Removed USA union formation following Nationalist revolution.
- Balanced starting technologies.
Version 1.4, 2013-12-08
- Updated cores to reduce insurgency.
- Updated national technology levels.
- Fixed bug where Fascist titles and Communist titles were swapped.
Version 1.0, 2013-11-29
- Initial release of Divided We Stand.
Want to do a video LP or walkthrough using Divided We Stand? By all means, you are free to do so. Post here and I will link it in this post! I would love to see it.
Something fun, a big showcase of (almost) all of the flags in the mod (465x4416):