+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [HoD] Divided We Stand (Balkanized North America)

[HoD] Divided We Stand (Balkanized North America)

Version 2.0

Talks between the Union began to degrade as more and more southern states called for independence in the wake of changing social reform. It wasn't long before those same southern states made good on their promise: They seceded from the Union and declared independence. Even a confederation of states was unsuitable; it would be freedom or nothing.

The western states were next, now having a mandate in which to form their own republics. Lightly populated and highly unregulated, they scooped up land out of former US territory holdings and raised flags of independence. Without a strong military to enforce their borders, former states divided at the seams and anyone with a philosophy and good charisma was able to attract followers to their cause.

The northern-most Mexican states reacted similarly, distancing themselves from a corrupt political system far away in Mexico City. The Republic of the Rio Grande was the first, and one-by-one similar states and federations of states began to declare independence. The domino effect swept southward and there was little the Federal government of Mexico could do to stop it save for the cities and territory directly around Mexico City.

While Mexico erupted into chaos, British Canada similarly fell apart. Seeing that sprawling nations that spanned continents were being abolished, territorial lines were drawn for several new nations that agreed to their accords and revolted against the British government. Britain, only able to hold the territory of Ontario, splintered into several smaller nations. Though there is dissent among their people, and loyalties to the British Crown remain strong...

Welcome to Divided We Stand.

Download Version 2.0

Installation:
    1. Download the Mod ZIP file.
    2. Extract the ZIP file's contents into your Victoria 2 /mod/ folder.
    3. Start the game, selecting the Divided We Stand checkbox in the launcher.
    4. Begin the game using the A House Divided 1861 Start date.

Divided We Stand (DWS) adds almost 70 new nations to the North American continent. Take a former-state and steak a claim at a new world.

Can you conquer the whole of North America while smaller nations squabble over territory disputes? Can you bring an otherwise unknown nation to greatness and glory as the world's super power? Can you hold back hungry super-powers eyeing North American land? What will the world's path be without three of the greatest nations to help shape its history?

Start in Nickajack and lead the anti-slavery movement from below the Mason-Dixon line.

Start in a New England state, release the New England Republic, and try to reclaim your cores.

As the British, attempt to squelch the uprising in Canada and take back your land.

Lead the holy call of independence as Deseret and reform the great nation taken from you.

Fight a land war in Nebraska to free the state of Wyoming. And then use your armies in the west to free the state of Oregon.

Attempt to reform the Confederate States. Or even the United States of America. Can the phoenix rise from the ashes? Some say it's impossible...

Special Thanks
    DrSunshine: For helping with the mod, its ideas, union creation, and event writing.
    Joziable: Event writing, religion creation, tweaks and fixes.
    Faulty: Bug fixing.
    LP97S and QuoProQuid: For playtesting and criticism.
    Many others: For ideas, thoughts, and suggestions!

Revision History

Version 2.0, 2014-07-22
    - Added LDS/Mormon religion.
    - Added Cordoba nation.
    - Event update for federations and unions.
    - Changed United Virginia's starting power and name, now "Old Dominion".
    - Changed Mexico's starting territories.
    - Typo fixes.

Version 1.6, 2014-01-03
    - Added support for American unions.

Version 1.5, 2013-12-19
    - Removed USA union formation following Nationalist revolution.
    - Balanced starting technologies.

Version 1.4, 2013-12-08
    - Updated cores to reduce insurgency.
    - Updated national technology levels.
    - Fixed bug where Fascist titles and Communist titles were swapped.

Version 1.0, 2013-11-29
    - Initial release of Divided We Stand.

Want to do a video LP or walkthrough using Divided We Stand? By all means, you are free to do so. Post here and I will link it in this post! I would love to see it.
    Last edited by ExtraNoise; 23-07-2014 at 08:08.

Why is the state of Superior a thing? The only thing I've ever heard about 'superior independance' or the forming of a Superior state was a vote in the early 2000s~, and that failed pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Astanna View Post
    Why is the state of Superior a thing? The only thing I've ever heard about 'superior independance' or the forming of a Superior state was a vote in the early 2000s~, and that failed pretty hard.
    It was originally proposed in 1858: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superio...state)#History

Efforts to secede and form a new state date back to 1858, when a convention was held in Ontonagon, Michigan, for the purpose of forming a new state combining the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, northern Wisconsin, and northeast Minnesota.[3] The new state was to be called either Superior or Ontonagon.
    This mod is not a historical mod, however. It takes cues from historical events, but it falls heavily into the realm of fictional alternate-history. Don't get too hung up in the particulars.

I really like this mod, keep up the great work!

I wish there was a Bernie Sanders Empire option.

Perhaps reducing it to just Upper Michigan, than? It takes a lot of Wisconsin this way, and only one-third of the area it takes were even proposed to be a part of it.

I'm just sayin' but a balkanized world would be amazing!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2

You probably know this, but tech is broken - everyone starts with 1836 tech in 1861.

Emperor-President of The USA EmperorWillham's Avatar
    Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Damn you, United Virginia!
    Way to powerful.
    Emperor-President of your heart.
    Legacy of the Prometheans - A alternate history mod for Darkest Hour http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ifferent-World

Expanded features

Help wanted!

Relive the good old days in, Fallout Pre-War.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...allout-Pre-War

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraNoise View Post
    4. Begin the game using the A House Divided 1861 Start date.
    Reading is useful.
    STEPPED AWAY FROM THIS WORLD TO FACEPALM ABOUT EVERYTHING

Divergences of Darkness: What if the Plantagenet won the HYM and merged England and France into a powerful state ? What if Burgundy survived and have to face a powerful Bohemian emperor ? What if the Kalmar Union led to a unitary state ? What if the Chinese Empire continued it explorations ? Answers and much more in Divergences of Darkness, for Heart of Darkness !
    Community Made Countries: A community-based mod project for Victoria II, where every user can post its own nations. Map amazingly fullfilled, but feel free to propose your revolter nations or union ! (currently not the creator of the mod, but I've took over developement for now)
    I'm doing a few french translations of mods for Crusader Kings II, feel free to ask if you need one, I'm very available.

Quote Originally Posted by al3xytp View Post
    Reading is useful.
    I made it bright red.

Quote Originally Posted by extranoise View Post
    i made it bright red.

Divided We Stand version 1.4 is now available to download!

Click here or at the above URL in the OP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0z...hzed/DWS14.zip

New in Version 1.4:
    - Updated cores to reduce insurgency.
    - Updated national technology levels.
    - Fixed bug where Fascist titles and Communist titles were swapped.

Trying to download Divided We Stand 1.4 gives me an error saying that the connection was reset. I did not get a similar error with the last download and am not sure whether it is a problem on my end or otherwise.

EDIT: Fixed it myself.
    Last edited by QuoProQuid; 11-12-2013 at 04:23.

Sounds cool
    “Bolshevism is knocking at our gates, we can’t afford to let it in… We must keep America whole and safe and unspoiled. We must keep the worker away from red literature and red ruses; we must see that his mind remains healthy.” – Al Capone

I found a bug. I was playing as Illinois, and became a world power, so I got Texas into my sphere. Then after a while they got rebels (don't know which ones), and I got an event to change to America because they fell to said rebels. After I clicked the button to become America I suddenly got most of the US.( all of the lower 48 besides United Virginia and there sphered states) While I'm pretty happy with it, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean for that to happen.

That would be fixed by removing union = USA from the American culture group in cultures.txt
    “Bolshevism is knocking at our gates, we can’t afford to let it in… We must keep America whole and safe and unspoiled. We must keep the worker away from red literature and red ruses; we must see that his mind remains healthy.” – Al Capone

Quote Originally Posted by prey2112 View Post
    I found a bug. I was playing as Illinois, and became a world power, so I got Texas into my sphere. Then after a while they got rebels (don't know which ones), and I got an event to change to America because they fell to said rebels. After I clicked the button to become America I suddenly got most of the US.( all of the lower 48 besides United Virginia and there sphered states) While I'm pretty happy with it, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    That would be fixed by removing union = USA from the American culture group in cultures.txt
    Thanks so much for finding something and then answering it, both of you. I'll include this in the next release!

Version 1.5 is now available for download!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2z...1uhi/DWS15.zip

This version is a smaller version to fix a few issues during gameplay: Namely the USA reforming due to culture/Nationalist uprising and starting technologies.

I wanted to ask you guys, now that Rylock has said that he no longer plans to update the New Nations Mod: What are you feelings on having the NNM included as part of the DWS mod? Would you play the DWS more often if it included all of the NNM nations? Or would you prefer the two mods be kept separate?

I would play it more if they where combined. I also till think a balkanized world would be awesome *wink wink nudge nudge*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast