• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tried restoring RE as El Cid, but after getting Venezia/Genua/Apulia I became incapable.

2013-12-05_00310.jpg

Play as Hashishins in 1090/1091. Just start as a random character, enable charinfo, check the grandmaster id, and use 'play CharacterID' cheat. You're the unique independent Shia ruler. I tried him recently, in 2.0, and i was smashed by seljuk. It's a nice challenge.
I would need to mod game to do it. I could just donate 300 gold to myself for infinite number of times getting infinite piety. Also, going above 300 gold is equal to losing it to AI who is borrowing all time, making entire game a little unplayable.

Play as Kola.
Thanks, added.

Woah. I saw an empire like this in the Post your Empire thread (maybe it was the same one?), but i don't think it included the HRE too. Nicely done.
It was the same game, but after night I decided my state was too small to be proud of it. :happy:

I think it'd be interesting to see how far you can get with him before he dies.
Mhm, that made sense. Maybe I will try it.

GreatUberGeek, Vince75 and others, thanks for enjoying it.

Last edited:
I don't even...

How is any of this possible? How do you get so much gold? I never have any gold.

I am playing a different game than you.

That might actually be true because I only have a couple DLCs. Republic and Sons of Islam.

Gold just seems to flow into your coffers while I get maybe 6 gold per month. Can you give some methods for getting gold you use?

I don't want to actually do this, mind you, because it's too amazing... but I'd like to know HOW to do it just in case I ever need to save my butt.

Always at start harsh city tax, and later same for temples. While holding around 5-7 counties you should have around 10-15 gold per month, with 1 temple/1 city per your holding. Now If you have richer provinces, you will get even more. Add to this that I never construct any sort of buildings... and it's enough to always have a lot of golds for mercs.

Additionaly, thanks to 2.0 you can always have 500 free golds thanks to Jews (and after ~40 years you can get them back to your state and exile again for 500 gold) + request money from papa.

but I'd like to know HOW to do it just in case I ever need to save my butt.
As for this, if you have war with a lot of hired mercs on your side and you need money, you can just banish your vassals. "Banishation" of small realm can give you 1k+ of gold. However, it isn't that great because everyone gonna hate you and it's very possible that you can be killed via plots by random courtiers, not event counting it's almost like playing NK.

In my previous games I did it in Bavandid playthrough, after conquering Khiva and in Nakonid playthrough, after pushing my claim. As you can see, I'm using that let say "exploit" to reorganise my kingdom (get rid of all vassals with other religion), money I'm getting by the way.

Most impressive in every way!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you as good in EU4 as in CK2? I know I would almost pay to see you duel DDRJake if you were :D
Unfortunately no. I don't like eu4 because of dumbing down entire economy system to 3 monarch stats and overextension happening to all your 200 provs after gaining of 3 magher provs for example. As for DDRJake, he's truly god. I mean, I don't have his creativity, most tricks I learned thanks to this forum and DDRJake during his world conquest created a lot of new exploits/tactics, which got patched because of him. (

Edit:
And I played last game as Emir Mu'nis, gonna post it in the following days. :)

Greece is mine

I believe it means "North Korea mode". It is when you play with absolutely no vassals to get a ridiculous amount of levies. Very gamey and makes the game horribly easy.
Yes, while I don't accept NK, I sometimes do "banishation" of the realm.

Last edited:
Chapter 13
867 - 887
Mu'nis "the Eunuch" of Galilee

At start, important note. It's my 5 game as Galilee in the row. In first two, I became incapable in first few battles, in third I got assasinated by caliph and in four someone killed me via plot, in all of them I played max 3-4 years, so I resigned from describing those game.

1.jpg

Character, his stats and starting lands.

2.jpg

My char after doing ramadan and going to Mecca. I'm doing it (ramadan & voluntary) always when I can, mainly to gather as many piety as possible.

3.jpg

At the start, still at pause created faction. Didn't wanted AI to lead it, they're demanding their rights a little too fast, what sometimes result in civil war. I did it after power was more than a thousand.

4.jpg

My only reason to become independent was to expel Jews, after it I again switched to Abbasids. They have lowest crown authority, so I still can attack all of my neighbours.

5.jpg

List of my conquests in the first 10 years of the game with 1/2 mercs bands under mer. My only limit was the piety and truces, but I didn't wanted blob to much around holy land.

6.jpg

When Tulunids were conquering one of my province...

7.jpg

Just avoided it by becoming independent. Caliphate was completely without troops after all wars so it wasn't problematic.

At this point I decided to do previously mentioned "banishation" to fund my Byzantine campaign. Otherwise I would have to wait 10+ years to gather money, but it would be too boring but what's more important, I don't have family, I can't wait.

8.jpg

After got few thousands of gold (3k) thanks to my barons, invasion of Anatolia!

9.jpg

Further conquest was just formality after beating Byz main army.

2.jpg

Gotcha.

1.jpg

During the war some traits releated events .

3.jpg

Best moment to go ahead. They're without army and I have 5 reinforcing bands!

4.jpg

After beating some small stacks and assaulting 3 provs, 100%. Why I'm always assaulting those provs (did same thing while playing as El Cid)? They're always personal demense of emperor and after raising his army, those holding have really low level of garrison.

5.jpg

Hohoho! Around ~25% of my vassals didn't accepted conversion to sunni and still are orthodox, but I don't care for now. Probably crusade for me is organised.

What I should do next? Unfortunately I'm zealous, otherwise I could switch to any kingdom (yes, that's why I didn't created my kingdom already) and convert to it religion. Becoming Shia, Jew, Catholic or Orthodox, no possible but I wanted to do some madness like this.

If someone want to rush creation of Israel, probably Eunuch is the best option! For now, fastest creation of Israel in hall of fame is 986, I could do it before ~900 year playing as him.

Last edited:
...wow. That is impressive stuff!

Next i guess you could try to depose the Caliph (like the real Mu'nis attempted to do, but he failed), and take it over for yourself.

Chapter 14
887 - 896
Mu'nis "the Eunuch" of Galilee

1.jpg

As excepted.

2.jpg

But im not that stupid to defend in my core lands against pope and 2 holy orders and all western powers, what would be silly. Instead fast assaults on low garrison papa holdings and... (yes, I'm still using mercs, which I used during invasion of Anatolia and later Greece)

3.jpg

Free piety in huge amounts.

4.jpg

Becasue I had no idea what I should do at this point, just wasted some piety points for invasion of Bulgaria.

5.jpg

But then, my requests were fulfilled.

...wow. That is impressive stuff!

Next i guess you could try to depose the Caliph (like the real Mu'nis attempted to do, but he failed), and take it over for yourself.

Thanks! While I'm unable to gain Arabian Empire (and only by gaining/destroying Arabian Empire I could gain caliphate) I will do what you want. There will be caliphate in my hands!

6.jpg

Idrisid were holding Mauretania, so switched to them, changed religion and became independence thanks to faction, which was around 300-400% power.

7.jpg

But all my vassals are sunni, that's little problematic. To convert them, changed their taxation.

8.jpg

First wave of conversions.

9.jpg

Then invasion for Arabia against Abbasids. They still were at crisis, having only 3k army against my 10k.

(at this point I fired all mercs bands)

Now to create caliphate I need 1000 piety (and I fulfilled other req. by having Mecca/Medina.)

1.jpg

3 fast holy wars, each giving me +100 piety.

2.jpg

After 5 year passed since becoming shia, again max taxes.

3.jpg

Next job done.

4.jpg

smoke.gif

I am at a loss for words right now! I didn't really expect Mu'nis to be even possible to be successful with, but you were going with some crazy starts (like the dutch guy in england) and i just had to suggest this. As for the next one, i'm gonna put my vote on the chief of Kola Sami.

Actually, i think the sawdanids would be entertaining to see too. At least with Mu'nis, you don't start out being attacked by a powerful kingdom with a dynasty that controls all of europe. This one does look like it is impossible, but i'm sure you'll find a way if you play them.

Last post about Mu'nis:
Did invasion for Syria and Mezo against Abbasids, then started assasinating them to end truces and holy war last provs.
My income got doubled (120 per months) and I'm just going around the map with cataphracts and few bands of mercs destroying everything on my way.
Got nice borders, destroyed Arabian Empire and sunni caliphate and gathered all shia holy sites. It's enough, but I got really entertainment, so it's little hard for me to stop such blobing. :)
911 y. Muni's is 66 years old.

1.jpg

Might I re-suggest the Sawdanids in southern Italy in 867? Or did you decide at the time that you weren't interested in them?
Ok, didn't wanted to do it now because it will not be far different than playing Mun'is, but you and someone other suggested it at the beginning, so if you want, let it be.

Last edited:
Playing as Erik the Heathen (the Pagan Duke in Sweden in 1066); how quickly can you re-Paganise Scandinavia via reforming the religion and an Empire consisting of Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland?

I also vote for you playing Kola Sami, preferably in 867.
Btw thanks for this thread. Really entertaining. :)