• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 21
867 - 868
Northumberland

1.jpg

Starting position. That guy definitaly wasn't liked by Norse.
Two starting invasions with ~23k troops vs. 3k
Huh

2.jpg

Like always.

(there is small error, not for temples, but towns :blush:)

3.jpg

But why?

4.jpg

Thanks to changing location of my capital 4 bands of mercs spawned in the north of my kingdom.

5.jpg

The tricky part. All heathen armies are fighting in the south ignoring that I marched for their castles... each only having 300-500 garrison.
So mercs bands are besieging, waiting for my starting army (composed of normal levies). With it I can easily assault.

6.jpg

2 northern provs got assaulted, in the isle mercs managed to conquer one castle. At this point 9k enemy army is going for them, so time to sign white peace. (enforcind demands would give me 1 gold so not worth)

7.jpg

One invasion less. :)

8.jpg

By the way, a lot of people are helping me with the second.

9.jpg

Gathered all soldiers in one place and then went for decisive battle.

1.jpg

My character died.

2.jpg

But thanks to his sacrifice I won!

3.jpg

How it looked at the end.

4.jpg

I lost 500 gold from Jews, 2/3 of my soldiers and my first character but I defeated damn vikings.

Last edited:
Chapter 22
868 - 877
Northumberland

1.jpg

Waited until ruler of Jorvik died and then attacked him. Managed to grab his county before some doomstack came.

2.jpg

Because Ivar lost a lot of people in small wars of conquests and in catholic uprising, I declared another war, using 2x1500 mercs bands.

3.jpg

After I destroyed his armies... I need to go even further with breaking truce.

4.jpg

What's better, Ivar got wars from Wessex and Scotland.

5.jpg

And Papa approved my actions. Well.

6.jpg

When Ivar lost almost all his holdings...

7.jpg

He converted to christianity.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Maps after Vikings got kicked out from the isles.

Last edited:
Chapter 23
867 - 890
Rustanid

That game will be mostly for relax. Not only I'm muslim (fastest posssible conquests) but I'm sunni heretic, so I can declare war on literally everyone. I will not be surprised if it will turn into next conquest show.

1.jpg

One of two possible starting ibadi starts.

In the east, shia Idrisid and sunni Umayyad blob. In the west sunni sultanate of Africa.

All of them stronger than me.

I have 3 sons, and third one is the best so I gave him some counties to allow him to inherit my lands. At the start I did all starting moves - expelling Jews, pilgrime to Mecca, Ramadan, harsh city tax.

2.jpg

In most cases Umayyads are declaring holy war on Idrisid... but this time the latters managed to go for me!

3.jpg

But don't worry. Umayyad declared war as always, destroying all shia forces for me.

4.jpg

Blob gained marked duchy... and I got some piety/prestige/cash. Nice start.

5.jpg

In the meantime I got infirm and then depressed traits... so I killed myself. My son is far better than me.

6.jpg

My character after I did some "purge" in my state.

7.jpg

Africa is having hard times... unlucky, I didn't had at this point 100 piety to declare holy war on them.

8.jpg

After they reunited I gathered enough piety to do it.

9.jpg

They were having only 700 troops... and even 3k army couldn't stop me so I gained marked prov.

But hey, why I declared holy war for one prov? Not entire duchy? Cause now I'm focusing on getting as highest piety as possible. Always when playing as muslim I'm trying to conquer everything using invasion and that one prov was only prov not in Africa de-jure. Next war which I'm going declare against Africa will be for all their lands.

1.jpg

Durin the war with sultanate of Africa I got claim for Medina thanks to my chancellor. Wait, for Medina? Basically, it's needed for my grand plan but about it more in future.

2.jpg

Some emir under blob declared war for some of my lands... huh?

3.jpg

Free 200 gold.

4.jpg

My character after some years of rule and becoming paragon of virtue.

5.jpg

Then I got info... that my chancellor did claim for entire duchy! Yay!

6.jpg

Hashimids are having only ~4-5k army, no allies and it will not be holy war so they can't call some random sunni guys.

7.jpg

As you saw in my character screen, at this point I was having 1600 gold, thanks to winning 2 defensive wars, taxes and Jews. Without thinking I hired 2 mercs bands and went with all my levies & mercs to holy land!

8.jpg

After defeat of their army and capturing all holdings from one prov got 100%.

9.jpg

Everything went smoothly. My "grand plan" was about jumping to Mecca and Medina, because thanks to it I can create caliphate and have 2 holy sites more, so 20% authority more too.

1.jpg

However, I wasn't having required 1000 piety for caliphate, so declared some small war to farm it.

2.jpg

Before I went for southern Arabia I had to deal with sunni vassals.

3.jpg

2 provs revoked thanks to plots and 1 by using my claim, forged by chancellor.

4.jpg

After I replaced most of sunni vassals I could finish war.

5.jpg

But still I was having only 970 piety... so another holy war. Somewhat Hashimids lost their duchy to some shia revolter, so I can freely declare holy war on them, without fearing that Abbasids will help them.

6.jpg

After I won caliphate was created.

7.jpg

View for moral authority, it gonna be helpful in replacing sunni as main branch.

I still have mercs bands from my arabian campaign and 300 gold. What's better, 1000 piety, so I can declare 2 invasions!

Last edited:
You certainly provide an interesting primer on how to quickly conquer whatever you want. Guess I am going to have to try this, I never seem to do well in CKII.

Wow, nice plan...And you have lost a holy war, no?
Nope, I won everything, both offensive and defensive wars.

You certainly provide an interesting primer on how to quickly conquer whatever you want. Guess I am going to have to try this, I never seem to do well in CKII.
Something like this... unfortunately, paradox can't into balance. :( (and when they try with it, they fail as eu4 example proven)

Last edited:
Chapter 24
890 - 904
Rustanid

Ibadi conquest of Africa

1.jpg

Invasion for Africa against sultanate of Africa

3.jpg

Before my army went from Mecca to de-jure Africa, enemies managed to capture one holding. However, at this their success ended... they were beaten and my holding recaptured.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Because Egypt joined to the war I had to hire 3 mercs band.

6.jpg

When I wanted to initiate a battle, egypt army was neutral to me. I checked and their sultan died.

7.jpg

After I captured capital of enemy, it was good time for second major battle.

8.jpg

It was enough to win, cause I captured heir of my enemy.​

Invasion for Mauretania against Umayyads

1.jpg

Civil war touching Umayyad empire... I feel invited for this party!

2.jpg

There was only one "fair" battle. Lucky for me Umayyads went for it with only 2/3 of their entire army.

3.jpg

View for the end.

4.jpg

By the way, I captured some leader of enemy mercs band, so +140 gold.

5.jpg

Mass conversions of my new vassals.

6.jpg

By the way, my laws. Because I have max taxes everywhere, although having 3 mercs bands I still have positive income.​

Invasion (and holy wars) for Mali against Pagans

7.jpg

Easy, fast and enjoyable conquest.

8.jpg

Even better with small ones.

9.jpg

Becasue I was busy at the west, in the east some peasant revolter over time managed to get 100% and stole one prov from me.

Invasion for Africa against Egypt

1.jpg

War for thins lands.

2.jpg

Enemies having bigger army? Don't worry, they lost some war and have -0.25 morale due to not having money.

3.jpg

Beautiful victory.

4.jpg

At the end of my conquests getting some small duchy in holy war.

5.jpg

How it looked at the end. In the east you can see pretty powerfull shia caliphate. (Halilid) And I'm loving them for reducing number of sunni provs.

Chapter 25
904 - 937
Rustanid

1.jpg

Created empire tier level, you know, having cool hat is basic req. for dominance in medieval Europe.

2.jpg

After it destroyed all my kingdom titles and used trick for suicide.

3.jpg

My char, one of the youngest child, but with claim for entire Andalusia.

4.jpg

Winning civil war for independance.

5.jpg

Then some pagan uprising.

6.jpg

Umayyads having civil war again? Ofc. I will interfere.

7.jpg

First time soldiers from everywhere gathered in one place.

8.jpg

When I was having 100%, killed other claimant to not inherit civil war.

9.jpg

:)

1.jpg

Invasion for Egypt, which happened 6 years after ending conflict with Umayyads. I wanted to do claimant trick (and I even had some) to gain mamluks title... but I didn't wanted to create some additional tyranny, so after war Mamluks became independent.

2.jpg

During war with Egypt I had small problems, so hired permanently fourth mercs band. Don't worry, I still have positive income!

3.jpg

Invasion for Jerusalem + revoking some duchy from Egypt.

4.jpg

By some weird inheritance holy site (only barony) went for Shia Empire...

5.jpg

Never wanted to destroy their stacks but I was forced to do it.

1.jpg

Gave Jerusalem to some catholic guy to activate Jihads.

2.jpg

If I'm Caliph, I want to be jihading Caliph!

6.jpg

Some fast campaign on 3 independent miaphysite rulers.

7.jpg

Then ibadi jihad for sunni Abyssinia. Winning it will deduct 10% of sunni authority, so not only gaining lands, but simplifying conversions too.

8.jpg

After some months of instant assaults.

9.jpg

Only 4%, everything (almost) thanks to me!

1.jpg

Your goal would be to replace the Sunni as the orthodox faith

After few years target accomplished.

2.jpg

Invasion for sunni Arabia.

3.jpg

After some big battle imprisoned enemy ruler.

4.jpg

Azidid, second ibadi rulers at 867 scenario. After creating k_arabia they accepted my offer.

5.jpg

Acquiring bektashi order.

6.jpg

Character at the end.

7.jpg

Borders at the end.

It was really fun to play.

Last edited:
You should play as the count of Krakow ( the one with the Crown and CK for his coat of arms) in your next game :p

Great thread! I have the perfect start for you: the Petty King of Norrland in 1086. You start as a 16 year old, near familyless OPM and one of two remaining independent Norse states, surrounded by Suomenesko powers and rapidly Christianizing Scandinavian Kingdoms. Your primary goals obviously would be the reformation of the faith and the creation of Scandinavia; a secondary goal would be to take revenge and break the back of Christian power in Europe.

Play as the Count of Malta and own every isle in the mediterranian sea:
Venice, Krete, the Baleares, Cyprus, the other small greek isles (Naxos etc.), Croatia (notice the small islands) and Crimea. Oh, and don't forget Sardinia and Corsica aswell as Sicily, which might be your first target :)
I'm not sure whether that's easy or hard, but I think it might be too easy for you :D

Great thread! I have the perfect start for you: the Petty King of Norrland in 1086. You start as a 16 year old, near familyless OPM and one of two remaining independent Norse states, surrounded by Suomenesko powers and rapidly Christianizing Scandinavian Kingdoms. Your primary goals obviously would be the reformation of the faith and the creation of Scandinavia; a secondary goal would be to take revenge and break the back of Christian power in Europe.
Added. By the way, I played such challenge two timess with my 2 friends... (at this year there are like 4 norse rulers in the Scandinavia) and what's better. Everytime we lost badly. :D Thanks!

Play as the Count of Malta and own every isle in the mediterranian sea:
Venice, Krete, the Baleares, Cyprus, the other small greek isles (Naxos etc.), Croatia (notice the small islands) and Crimea. Oh, and don't forget Sardinia and Corsica aswell as Sicily, which might be your first target :)
I'm not sure whether that's easy or hard, but I think it might be too easy for you :D
Something new and interesting. Thanks and added as well. :)