• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did a power search and couldnt find anything on the forum so is there any mods out there that increase the gamespeed for SW Cold War or SW2020 Gold?
I wish I knew one because this really sounds like a good idea to have one to me. First of all I wouldn't call my laptop "high-end", but I think my computer is pretty decent with a 16GB RAM, CORE i7 and a NVIDIA GeForce GT750M SLI graphics, yet when I play SRCW (although 2020 is somewhat better) the game speed still gets really slow for me for some reason, like sometimes it could take about 5 seconds just to get by a single hour in game at max speed.

SRCW had a later update/patch which massively increased the speed. Tweaking the ini file's settings for color draw can make a difference. Using Ctrl+shift+c to open the console and disable line of calcs can help.

Mainly, though, get the patch. Avoid use of the "endday" cheat, it essentially disables everything but unit and building construction times, so it might as well shut the game off. Use cheats like "breakground" instead if you want to make wholesale economic changes in 15 minutes or less.