• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chicken Spadge

Major
31 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
I don't like the fact that the plains on the terrain map are 'colourless'. I'd prefer to have a light green for the plains and a darker one for the forest territories, but I can't find the file where I can assign colours to the plains and other geographical features. Can anyone help?

I probably didn't explain the situation properly, but I've just found the file I needed.

The file you mentioned (Db/Map/Colorscales/Glory/colorscales_terrains only contains the list of colours used for terrain and their values. What I was looking for was the place where the colours are assigned to a particular terrain, just like the countries file assigns colours to countries on the political map.

Anyway, the file I needed was Db/Map/terrains.

Thanks anyway

I did the same thing a few years ago, and it took me a while to find an appropriate yellow-greenish colour for grasslands. I later re-used the original 'plains' colours for a new semidesert terrain and also added jungle and alpine terrains.

Feel free to use any of the colours: http://pastebin.com/6bavf0Vf

And here's a picture:

screensave00055fmjl9.png

Before

After
[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ha! I've been thinking about doing the same since a long, long time :) . Care to share the values you used, Spadge, or the terrain.txt file (and eventual other ones) outright? Thanks!

Ha! I've been thinking about doing the same since a long, long time :) . Care to share the values you used, Spadge, or the terrain.txt file (and eventual other ones) outright? Thanks!

OK, here are links for Vanilla/AGCEEP/Plvs Vltra (covers all three) and for WATKABAOI (separate) beneath the screenshots.

Put the Vanilla download in your For the Glory folder
Vanilla Link

Put the WATKABAOI download in For the Glory/Mods/WATKABAOI
WATKABAOI link