• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PKImperial

Private
58 Badges
Feb 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
Hello,

First of all thank you paradox, for this great strategy game. I love it. I haven't played a strategy this game so good since the Romance of the three kings by Koei.

if I could make a humble suggestion:

Possibly slow down time in the game; one hour of real time gaming is less then it currently is for example if you play for X amount of time in real life, in game time is maybe ~25% less. For example- 1 hour of real time played, instead of it 20 years passing, only 14 years passed. Hard to describe lol. The reason I think this would be good is so that you can grow an attachment with the various vassals and other rulers before they die of old age, war etc..

Thanks

Uh, just play on a slower speed. There are 5 different speed options after all. The time it takes to conclude a war, build things or get things done seem reasonable, so frankly I think you should just have to get used to things proceeding slowly if you want to feel a stronger attachment to characters.

Uh, just play on a slower speed. There are 5 different speed options after all. The time it takes to conclude a war, build things or get things done seem reasonable, so frankly I think you should just have to get used to things proceeding slowly if you want to feel a stronger attachment to characters.

Sorry. a better example; 1 min of slow speed = 1 month passing in game. slow it down a little so that 1 min of slow speed = 3 weeks passing in game, hope that's clearer thanks.

"Regent and protector of: Britannia 479 AD - The Winter King "

by the way warlord chronicles is my favourite series, depressing as hell :) cornwell is a great author. Check out the grail stories and saxon stories, not as good but still extremely readable :)

I guess you mean the characters should age slower or something? Like 20 years in game would only give a character 10 years of aging?

In my opinion most of my characters last long enough. Mostly I'm waiting till the 70 year old geezer dies off.

"Regent and protector of: Britannia 479 AD - The Winter King "

by the way warlord chronicles is my favourite series, depressing as hell :) cornwell is a great author. Check out the grail stories and saxon stories, not as good but still extremely readable :)

While we're on the topic of the Winter King - it does actually have events proceed faster, so that more events occur in a character's lifetime. This does make it seem like someone's life takes longer, if you run on a very slow speed. I do think 1 speed is slow enough though, and a 25% lowered speed isn't really worth it.