• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 28, 2005
So I was playing the Norse Jewish King of Syria, sandwiched between the Byzantines and whatever flavor of Islamic Sunni Caliphate was popping up due to decadence.

I decided to swear allegiance to the Caliphate, thinking that as a King they would not try to revoke my title, despite being a Jew. So far that has been correct.

Due to the low crown authority due to constant decadence revolts that were successful, I decided to start warring for territory within the Caliphate. One of the counties I got was Jerusalem - an obvious target for a middle eastern centered Jew.

Shortly after this, this became the target of a Jihad.

I'm figuring this is a bug, as while I AM Jewish, my liege is Muslim and thus the territory is ultimately under the control of a Muslim.

You should put a post about this in the bug report forum, I think.

I also noticed this, in my game the entire middle east was under Abbasid control, but the county of Jerusalem was controlled by an orthodox count.