Europa Universalis IV 1.3.2 Hotfix - checksum d2a0

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Besuchov

Studio Manager, PDS
Paradox Staff
64 Badges
Mar 6, 2001
  • Sengoku
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
As all ways, if steam doesn't update immediately, restart steam before accusing us of breaking your Ironman save :)

EU4:
- The 'It's all about luck' achievement is now possible.
- Fixed a bug that was causing cores to instantly disappear when a country was annexed in the late game

American Dream:
- Rifles no longer explode in OpenGL

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at the "Run Away, Run Away!"-issue?

I can understand the reasoning for having a broken army run off, but I have seen one of my armies as Scandinavia run from Ost-Preussen through the Baltics, through Finland, across Åland, through Sweden to stop in Copenhagen, and that is just plain nonsense... Similarly I have seen armies run away through all of Arabia or Siberia.
There should be some sort of limitations on how many provinces, or preferably how many miles/kilometers, an army would run.

Thanks!. By the way, this is the only change in the game's text files:

Code:
-       CORE_LOSE_CULTURE_GROUP = 150,                                  -- how many years until a core in a country's culture group is lost.
+       CORE_LOSE_CULTURE_GROUP = 100,                                  -- how many years until a core in a country's culture group is lost.

I had a question, and I know that there have been topics about it, but there hasn't been a really decisive answer.

When I start or load an Ironman game and save, on the main menu it says that the game isn't ironman. The game saves like ironman and in one game I still got an achievement, so is it just an issue with the UI?

It makes me wary about loading my other games and about starting new ones. :(

I had a question, and I know that there have been topics about it, but there hasn't been a really decisive answer.

When I start or load an Ironman game and save, on the main menu it says that the game isn't ironman. The game saves like ironman and in one game I still got an achievement, so is it just an issue with the UI?

It makes me wary about loading my other games and about starting new ones. :(

There has been a decisive answer: It's just a cosmetic glitch. Been there since the release of 1.3. You'll still get achievements.

Thanks!. By the way, this is the only change in the game's text files:

Code:
-       CORE_LOSE_CULTURE_GROUP = 150,                                  -- how many years until a core in a country's culture group is lost.
+       CORE_LOSE_CULTURE_GROUP = 100,                                  -- how many years until a core in a country's culture group is lost.

Wait, what?

So cores now expire after 100 years not 150?

Why has this change been made, and not announced in the changelog? This is an enormously impactful gameplay alteration!

Dev's please comment. Is this deliberate?

AdmRepublic: great job tracking and reporting on this.

Wait, what?

Why has this change been made, and not announced in the changelog? This is an enormously impactful gameplay alteration!

Lol, and here I thought hotfixes were there to fix problems, not silently make them worse/different/changed in another different fashion, without so much as an explanation. I don't know why they left out a fix for the immortal rebels who flee after 1 round of combat with no losses, only to keep fleeing unless you send a smaller force after them.

Last edited:
Edit: broken this out to its own thread, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...g-bug-fixed-but-also-timer-changed-to-200-500

Wait, what?

OK there's something even stranger. It appears the game is now applying 2 x the defines.lua values, so that 100 is actually 200, and the 250 for PRIMARY_CULTURE (unchanged in defines.lua) is now 500.

I actually much prefer this - I never liked 150 / 250, and so 200 / 500 is better. But why was this significant change not announced in the changelog?

I thought maybe this meant it must be deliberate - either one or the other I could see as a mistake, doubling it, or changing the defines, but both together sounds like a deliberate change. But now I think more about it, 500 years means they never expire! As per below screenshots, 1944!

So does this mean you're setting some cores to never expire? I fully support that! But why not tell us? :)

Or is it not an intended change, and another bug (in the opposite direction to the original.)

And it's bizarre that the numbers are doubled? Why not have the exact number in defines that's going to be used? This again suggests it's not intentional.

This is all very odd!

Primary culture province - 500 years = 2 x defines.lua value of 250

Normal culture province - 200 years = 2 x defines.lua value of 100

Last edited:
Looks like 1.3.2 is going to be funtime.