• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great! As somebody who's only ever had the Steam version it's annoying to me the game has been held back by what I think you once said was something like less than 4% of the users.. Now they can get their Steam versions for free and CK2 can become even more awesome. Everybody wins!

Thanks Johan! I was just looking into getting all the DLC on the Steam side as well because of the achievements you've added at some point... now I don't (hopefully) have to!

EDIT: Any time estimates? Before Christmas?

I think this is a great solution for the GG-folk. Big hat's off to Paradox for it!

Just as a small note about the GG DLC, there's two ways to buy them.

-The first is from the GamersGate website, this adds a entry to My Games and on it says that they are downloaded from the in-game store.
-The second way is to buy them from the in-game store which DOES NOT add the entry to My Games, it however does show as a negative red transaction on your blue coins but it does not say what the transaction is for.

Hopefully both ways are taken into consideration.

Yup.

Personally, I only bought the first couple ones on Gamersgate, the others, I bought them in the In game store. I'm sure they will think of that.

Will we still be able to purchase DLC through gamers gate, like with EU4? I just plopped down a few bucks on blue coins for SoA and whatever-the-next-big-unexpected-DLC-is.

Sounds great! As somebody who's only ever had the Steam version it's annoying to me the game has been held back by what I think you once said was something like less than 4% of the users.. Now they can get their Steam versions for free and CK2 can become even more awesome. Everybody wins!

I do wonder in what way it was held back. Regardless of what Steam can or can't do, I think that we can agree, that the maintenance costs are brought down from two versions to one. I also wonder what the development in versions bought by users was. I guess that the share of Steam users grew (faster), whereas the GG version users grew much slower; so more new users from Steam version a much more stable GG group (which thus as a percentage shrank).

In other words I can understand the business decision, though I do want to mention, that I never had negative experiences with GG.

I feel fooled from the start.

Plot completed.

If this works well it would be great if not iam very angry ... till now all my paradox changes worked like shit first eu4 preorder gift (ck2 for steam) and i cant gift it only after some time there was a solution and then the failed paradox account ... i fear for the future ...

Great news. Bought CK2 from Gamersgate when it came out and then 2 weeks ago was trying to work out how much it would cost to convert all my DLC's to Steam. I saved some money :)
Pity about gamergate though always bought from there until EUIV.

Great news. Bought CK2 from Gamersgate when it came out and then 2 weeks ago was trying to work out how much it would cost to convert all my DLC's to Steam. I saved some money :)
Pity about gamergate though always bought from there until EUIV.

Why pity ? I always use them for Paradox games, did they make something wrong ?

Hey! That was what I was thinking too. I just checked both my email account where I keep my receipts and my GamersGate account, neither of which say anything about my in-game purchases, although surely my account and the DLC's are somehow linked?

Does the ingame option of Steam also give you better deals than the Steam store itself? Buying with the in-game store gave you a better deal than buying directly from the site itself.

No Gamergate didn't do anything wrong but when CK2 was being patched first for steam then you had to wait for patches for GG version a few days later, thought something might be up so I bought EUIV on steam. (I did the same with a non Paradox game. Tropico 4)

Time changes.. I remember once Paradox encouraged Gamersgate over other distributers and now it doesn't support GG anymore.

The change being that Gamersgate is no longer connected to Paradox. And they still 'support' Gamersgate as much as any other digital retailer, you just won't get a unique snowflake version of the game if you buy it there.

Why pity ? I always use them for Paradox games, did they make something wrong ?

Not enough sales, something between 2-5% of all paradox sales are not steam

Status
Not open for further replies.