• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
End year is 1600, so it's not that long. It depends, but I tend to spend around 1/3 of the time it takes me to finish one EUIV campaign.

is it possible to conquer all of japan

The game ends when you conquer 50% of Japan (game's goal) and hold it for long enough. After that, you become the Shogun and thus the ruler of entire Japan.

The game ends when you conquer 50% of Japan (game's goal) and hold it for long enough. After that, you become the Shogun and thus the ruler of entire Japan.
To be more precise. When you own 50% of Japan you can declare yourself Shogun and remaining clans can try a last ditch effort to drop you below 50% within a certain period. But you can also choose not to declare yourself Shogun and just conquer everything if that's how you want to do it.

after some debate and time I decided to invest in sengoku, and was wondering how long an average game last

I realize I'm late to the thread, but ... If you include games that you lose and games where you experiment, I'd say the average is an hour to an hour and a half. If youre experienced and go for the safe win every time, it all depends on what game speed you have it on, and how often and for how long youre paused. For me, the odd time I play at a constant rate or if online, but normally I've learned when you ramp up the game speed, so my average game length is probably about 4-6 hours, say 5 if you prefer a real average and not a range, lol.