• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kwmagik

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2013
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
Hey guys,

I need some help with the game

1. After playing for a while I realized my nation allowed Korea to have their units entering my territory, I tried to cancel the full transits treaty but they won't agree to that...is there a way I can force an agreement? Why would I need another nation's approval to remove their units from my territory?

2. I realized I formed an alliance with Russia when I had no intention to do so ...this was done automatically (but auto accept offers is off)...how can I make is so that diplomacy agreements are not done automatically?

3. Is there a way I can change my capital city?

4. How can I fire/hire new cabinet ministers? I'm neutral but some of them are conservative and I don't really like them.

5. How do you build cities? (the city infrastructure)

Plz help I'm so confused with how this game works, and I watched the online tutorials already.

Building cities and changing cabinet ministers are not features of the game. If you select any city other than the capital, there are controls to make that city the capital unless you have disable that option in the lobby or set your victory condition to "Capture capital".

Please take a moment to register your game by clicking on the "my games" link at the top of the page.

Some 'Protips'

At the start of the game
Stockpile huge amounts of oil and industrial goods. Industrial goods are needed for making nearly everything, oil is essential for military activities.

Buy technologies
From America or Russia, it's much easier and quicker than researching it to begin with.

What about for my other questions? How do I stop Korea from just simply putting their troops in my territory? I never agreed to that, I don't know if it's my ministers who automatically allowed them...

If you have units from another region in your country, that means you have signed a transit treaty with them. There is no way to "disallow" them once you've signed it. A treaty is a pretty big deal, you can't just break one that you don't want. You can break all ties with a region, but that has repercussions. That option is in the state department, Actions Against.

If you have units from another region in your country, that means you have signed a transit treaty with them. There is no way to "disallow" them once you've signed it. A treaty is a pretty big deal, you can't just break one that you don't want. You can break all ties with a region, but that has repercussions. That option is in the state department, Actions Against.

that's the problem...I never signed the treaty...it's like it's been automatically signed without my permission

same problem goes with forming an alliance with Russia, which I had no intentions to do so but I don't know why the CPU signed it for me...

There could be some pre-existing treaties for certain regions. I didn't do scenario design in SR-CW so I'd have to open the region in game to look but you can do that yourself as well. There may be some mods that don't have this.

Ok, so I'm using the Modern world mod by fistalis and my Region is China, I observed closely, first there's no pre-existing treaties with N.Korea...

Now the issue occurs after December 30 2013, I was in the diplomatic window the whole time and on the 30th of december, the "full transits" treaty just automatically appears in the "existing treaties"

and what's more, you can't cancel it...and then n.korea just poured their entire army into my territory.

I broke all ties with n.korea and 80% of their units in my territory went back to their own region but still some remains and just stays in some areas and not move at all...

If you're using a mod, you should discuss it with the modder first. There is no tech support for mods and we have no reports of problems like this with Vanilla. You can find Fistalis on our Dev forums, www.bgforums.com. I believe he also has an account here but doesn't check it as often.

yeah thank you I checked with him and it's definitely an issue with the mod..

but how do I cancel a treaty? I think someone told me a treaty is a very big deal, does that mean if I make a treaty I will never be able to cancel it?

coz if I break all treaties with a region...and then propose an embassy treaty..they'll strongly disagree with that, does that mean if I break all treaties I will never be able to make any treaties again?