+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham - Dev Diary 4 - Patch 2.0

I seem to recall having read somewhere that the 2.0 patch would involve the multiplayer being migrated over to Steam's multiplayer functions. Is this correct, or am I misremembering?
    Decadence Breakup minimod - Makes Muslim realms fall apart more following a decadence invasion. CM compatible version is up! (Works for 2.2 and betas through 2.2.0.4.)

CM Decadence QuickFix: Fixes 7 day cooldown on straighten up bug. (Not for use with beta, bug is fixed there.)

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C.N. View Post
    Will fertility be increased to balance the higher mortality rates?
    No, it does not seem necessary.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ols View Post
    You lot do realise that the Metaserver is getting replaced by the same Steam server system that hosts EUIV, right?
    It is, but not for this patch.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    That is the single most positive message of the day. Though it would be even better, if it happened with this patch.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur II
    March of the EaglesSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Sweet old London town, Bristol and around Great Britain
    Now give me the game!
    Nationality: British
    Ethnicity: Anglo-Scottish
    Theological Viewpoint: Agnostic Atheism (Culturally Christian)
    Politics: Radical Liberalism, with bits of Social Democracy and British/Celtic Nationalism thrown in.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Hey, that's great anyway! Anything but "no, the MP remains as it is"
    Volveremos volveremos
    Volveremos otra vez
    Volveremos a ser campeones
    Como en dos mil catorce

A discussion in the Paradox forums is lost by the first person who calls his opponents "a vocal minority".

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    You might need to tone it down, in fact. More wives dying sooner = more marrying younger wives = more babies.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

How are you going to deal with GG customers?

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Why? I thought in the last patch you nerfed fertility to simulate this affect?

Unrepentant Liberal Democrat Ols's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by WeissRaben View Post
    Something involving a very venomous snake...

so this means if you dejure drift duchy into your kingdom you get more levies from it?

I like the levies being nerfed a bit, but will retinues be adjusted at all to balance for this? As it is it's not long into the game before your standing army becomes pretty much all you need.

Say you are a king and your capital is in Essex. You get the most levies from Essex county, somewhat fewer from Essex duchy, fewer still from the kingdom of England, even fewer from the empire of Britannia, and fewest from everwhere outside the empire of Britannia.
    De Jure or De Facto?

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    You might need to tone it down, in fact. More wives dying sooner = more marrying younger wives = more babies.
    The point of this change is to break up alliance, not reduce number of babies.
    Fall in love with a infidel? Check out Interfaith Marriage, a CKII mod allows you cross the religious border.

This. I fought the good fight and tried to support GG as much as I could as it was the old support system for Paradox games, but now I feel like I'm being punished for my loyalty. Is there no way to continue to support your GG bretheren? Or at least let them transfer to Steam for free?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Ols View Post
    Something involving a very venomous snake...
    Oh come on. Some bought the game on GG for no particular reason. I preordered EU4 and got a Steam copy for myself, so I am good to go, but I had nothing against Steam back then and bought CK2 on GG without knowing anything about the complaints that had had Paradox put in a GG version. I would even say that a minority of the GG clients actually were in the complainers group.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Say you are a king and your capital is in Essex. You get the most levies from Essex county, somewhat fewer from Essex duchy, fewer still from the kingdom of England, even fewer from the empire of Britannia, and fewest from everwhere outside the empire of Britannia.
    Great. This was so badly needed. Patch 2.0 looks definitely promising.

We'll still be able to use IP based multiplayer, in the interim though, right? Or will all multiplayer be shut down until the Steam system comes online?

Also, odds that the Steam MP comes in the same patch as the decadence fix?
    Decadence Breakup minimod - Makes Muslim realms fall apart more following a decadence invasion. CM compatible version is up! (Works for 2.2 and betas through 2.2.0.4.)

CM Decadence QuickFix: Fixes 7 day cooldown on straighten up bug. (Not for use with beta, bug is fixed there.)

Unrepentant Liberal Democrat Ols's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Oh come on. Some bought the game on GG for no particular reason. I preordered EU4 and got a Steam copy for myself, so I am good to go, but I had nothing against Steam back then and bought CK2 on GG without knowing anything about the complaints that had had Paradox put in a GG version. I would even say that a minority of the GG clients actually were in the complainers group.
    I wasn't being serious - it seems my sarcasm is particularly bad today. Maybe I should start using some kind of sarcasm mark at the end of my sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorlem View Post
    We'll still be able to use IP based multiplayer, in the interim though, right? Or will all multiplayer be shut down until the Steam system comes online?
    I highly doubt it'd be disabled. It doesn't require any resources on Paradox's side, so it'd be very odd to deny us the opportunity to use it. As I've never used the Metaserver and always use direct IP, this doesn't bother me.

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Interesting. The standard respone so far to the complaint about low child mortality was that it was balanced by lower fertility.
    Perhaps the biggest - yet quite subtle - change we did was to reduce the amount of levies you get, particularly from your vassals. There are several changes to the rules; first off, levies from outside your de jure capital region get progressively smaller in stages (county, duchy, kingdom, empire, outside). Secondly, vassals will not give you any levies if they don't have a positive opinion of you (previously the threshold was -25). On the other hand, you now always enjoy a big opinion boost if you are being attacked by foreigners, particularly by infidels. This means that you can usually raise something approaching your theoretical max while being attacked, but not when you are doing the attacking. (Incidentally, this also means that factions tend to be less dangerous while the whole realm is under threat.) Lastly, the ruler's martial skill has a direct and significant effect on the size of the levies that can be raised from his or her demesne.
    Seems like blobbing is going to be even more inevitable. If I read this right, then attacking realms of similar size will become more difficut, which means that everyone will try to grow by eating smaller states and you'll need to blob like crazy just to have a chance at taking out big guys like the HRE in an offensive war.
    Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou allied. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of France, master of the fates of Europe. Therefore with my explorers thou shalt see, and with my spies thou shalt hear; and never shall thou be released from vassalage until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast