• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

th3freakie

Commissar for a European People's Economy
75 Badges
Apr 23, 2004
vicentedelisboa.wordpress.com
  • For The Glory
Greets lads. Got an inheritance question here.

I'm playing Duke of Athens, and managed to marry my way into inheriting the Dukedom of Epirus too.

My son became DoEpirus before I died, so in practise I'm now playing Epirus. Ok, fine. So now I'm playing the Duke of Epirus, who happens to be married with the Queen of Bulgaria, and having a daughter with her. This daughter was my heir.

Then I revoked a title from a snotty pesky count, and suddenly my brother was my heir. :eek:

What gives? Is it because we're living under High Crown Authority and titles can't be inherited out of the Empire? I'd understand that, but why is the game assuming my wife will die before I do? It can just as likely happen that Bulgaria is inherited by the (would-be) Duchess of Epirus than the Dukedom of Epirus be inherited by the (would-be) second Queen of Bulgaria.

Cheers!

Greets lads. Got an inheritance question here.

I'm playing Duke of Athens, and managed to marry my way into inheriting the Dukedom of Epirus too.

My son became DoEpirus before I died, so in practise I'm now playing Epirus. Ok, fine. So now I'm playing the Duke of Epirus, who happens to be married with the Queen of Bulgaria, and having a daughter with her. This daughter was my heir.

Then I revoked a title from a snotty pesky count, and suddenly my brother was my heir. :eek:

What gives? Is it because we're living under High Crown Authority and titles can't be inherited out of the Empire? I'd understand that, but why is the game assuming my wife will die before I do? It can just as likely happen that Bulgaria is inherited by the (would-be) Duchess of Epirus than the Dukedom of Epirus be inherited by the (would-be) second Queen of Bulgaria.

Cheers!

Yes High Crown and I think the firstborn takes the most "valuable title" if I'm not completely off.

Whether your wife dies before you or whether you die before your wife, your daughter stands to be the next Queen of Bulgaria. (I assume that Bulgaria is not a vassal of the ERE.)

No inheritance passing outside of the Empire means that the heir to your title is, of course, your brother.

If you have further children, one will presumably inherit Epirus + Athens.

I see the issue is with High Crown Authority, but why doesn't it wait until I die to desqualify my daughter, and more importantly, why did it wait until a random moment (exile of an imprisoned count) to chance the designated heir? My daughter was the Bulgarian heir for at least several months before that.

Also, if I manage to change Crown Authority back up, or if I somehow become independent, will she become my heir instantly?