[Linux] Stability issues in general and crash while activatin crafting

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(824576)

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 4, 2013
  • The Showdown Effect
Hi,

the Linux version of your superb game has some stability issues, directly at level generation. So I usually save and continue before starting every level.
I guess it is related to level generation, because it happened more often with the modloader and the more secrets mod at the beginning of level 3. But it also happened with the vanilla version.

While this is not good I can manage, because the save files are not deleted before the level is generated, I guess.
But today TG crashed while hitting "C" to craft. These are the last lines from stderr.txt:

Placing module l6_tuppik...
Placing module l6_varing...
Placing module l6_l6pp...
WARNING: Max number of soldat_pistol (3) > potential places (2)
INFO: Resizing window. New size: 1x1
INFO: Resizing window. New size: 1920x1200
ERROR:Field r ! found! File: /home/johann/Dropbox/Teleglitch-code/src/game/container.cppbad argument #-1 (number expected, got nil)

There was also a message abaout a core being dumped, if someone tells me the loacation I might be able to retrieve it.
This error (also this was the first time it happened) is bad, becasue I now have to play 7 levels again. While I understand the switch over to Steam and support you, the steam cloud system paired with a rougelike with permadeath which can crash is bad. Maybe keep the save until the player dies, how cares if some kiddies cheat in a single player game.

Please think about it.

hal