• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course, since the Orthodox church has Christmas (and the New Year) a little bit later, so Germans and Soviets are incompatible in this :p

I find more problematic the fact that Sov State was atheist, so, no Christmas eve for the Red Army

I find more problematic the fact that Sov State was atheist, so, no Christmas eve for the Red Army

They tried, but even a few decades of totalitarian system couldn't root out Christianity out of Russia ;)

And now seriously, how many of you give your soldiers vacation in HoI from 24th to 2nd? :p

As far as I know Hitler didn't really cared about comfort of Wehrmacht troops like e.g Allies did. So no holidays for Axis troops.

As far as I know Hitler didn't really cared about comfort of Wehrmacht troops like e.g Allies did. So no holidays for Axis troops.

he did at first, after the tide was turned, he did not care about reality at all

They tried, but even a few decades of totalitarian system couldn't root out Christianity out of Russia ;)

totally agreed, but though the soldiers might have had celebrated it, it was not a holiday for the Soviet State

he did at first, after the tide was turned, he did not care about reality at all

yes that's true, as one of the reason why he ordered armies to stop before Dunkirk were worries whether soldiers are exhausted after 14 days of fighting

and maybe I should turn off Borderlands 2 and give some care to Chinese so I can provide another update

25. The intervention, part 2

Hello, I wanted to provide an update bit earlier but I've been busy visiting relatives and Christmas stuff, also blame Borderlands 2 for me not providing update earlier :laugh:

iktizBk.jpg

Last chapter ended with encirclement of Guangzhou. 2 infantry and 1 cavalry division is good catch.

871zrDp.jpg

I've noticed that in some cases my armies have armored bonus when fighting in China although I am not using any tanks there - here's the explanation - armored horses!
And now let's be serious - are armored horses intended or is it a glitch?

USN6tts.jpg

Overview of the front...

EAi0P8B.jpg

And there's first supply shortage.

fRHrWlZ.jpg

Opening of the south front relieved Japanese puppets from the Chinese pressure and they are taking back their lands!

0t1Bpq7.jpg

I've managed to create another 2 small encirclements, both one province big. The only Guanxi tank division has been also trapped there.

ZpJjZCi.jpg

Battle for the second pocket.

pHUHPjb.jpg

Rocket test site level 5 has been completed in Breslau, research of strategic rockets begun immediately as V1 have quite short range.

6nlvfbl.jpg

Speaking of V1, some of them have been assembled but due to their short range no valuable targets are in range :(

95KAZUJ.jpg

Another scientific breakthrough! Construction of 1st German rocket interceptor begun immediately.

i1FS2yR.jpg

German armies are marching deeper and deeper to the Guanxi territory. Hopefully Germans will arrive into Liuzhou before Chinese running from Mengshan. Attack for pinning them down in Mengshan in prepared and should provide another few hour bonus for Germans rushing to Liuzhou.

W6dehhc.jpg

And another Chinese are trapped.

mbv5Ss6.jpg

Every German submarine is now dedicated to convoy raiding Chinese convoys.

0WZ7Daf.jpg

Guanxi is one step from downfall.

uFwB7YN.jpg

Another small encirclement has been accomplished. Here's a screenshot of Chinese desperately trying to break the encirclement.

JLtjGLc.jpg

Another corps of armored horses have arrived into the fray.

zNwPXho.jpg

Finally Guanxi falls and their armies runs from the front leaving Unified Front weakened.

I would like to provide you screens of 3 battle results in different situations.

az9LcFs.jpg

Heer attacking in plains.

AESQwZz.jpg

Heer attacking in jungle.

IrMP2Ls.jpg

Heer defending in mountains behind river.

Causality ratio of Heer attacking in jungle is not nice :(

that's something to be expected, did you research the jungle equipment for the Heer?

I think you'll have some trouble with ceding Guangxi's territorry to RoC-N (if it gets formed), since they don't have any cores down there. What might work is that you annex China and then release it as a puppet (either RoC or PRC) to solve the difficulty.

that's something to be expected, did you research the jungle equipment for the Heer?

Yes, jungle techs are up to date. Maybe I should have brought some marines there.

have the Japanese seized the initiative?

It still chaos in the north, Japanese advanced and then have been pushed back, Chinese even took back Zhengzhou, then got pushed back by Japanese. Total chaos there.

Your infantry will be getting their 0.5 armour bonus from the armoured cars in the support brigades so that's working as designed and the Chinese militias won't have AT weapons. Hopefully all this talk of German "armoured horses" will panic the Chinese. :D

I now officially promote "armoured horses" to militia killer :D

I think you'll have some trouble with ceding Guangxi's territorry to RoC-N (if it gets formed), since they don't have any cores down there. What might work is that you annex China and then release it as a puppet (either RoC or PRC) to solve the difficulty.

I am thinking about how to deal with war result. I will clarify situation in next update and I will ask for your opinions.

26. The intervention, part 3

ANG5xDM.jpg

1yTNVAY.jpg

v8viYxZ.jpg

Campaign in China continued with 3 minor encirclements. 9 Chinese divisions have been trapped, 3 of them were regular infantry.

udPjSP2.jpg

Advance is slow due to horrific terrain which slows down movements between provinces by huge amount.

03I0It9.jpg

Another 3 divisions have been trapped. These encirclements are not as big as the ones in Soviet union but they keep weakening Unified Front. Due to the bombing effort by German medium bombers Chinese are spending most of their IC budget on repairs and they are not building new divisions anymore.

PHwRwPG.jpg

Chinese launched first real attack in this campaign. So far they have been pushed away by Germans.

BHWDm4q.jpg

Germans are pushing hard into Chinese heartland with intention to meet up with Japanese and cut whole Chinese army in half.

VP9afcJ.jpg

Meanwhile 26 Chinese brigades are trapped in vicinity of Yunnan borders. Yunnan clique is staying neutral in this conflict and they've shown intentions to trade with Reich.

jNlsHni.jpg

Only four provinces now divide Heer and Imperial Japanese Army.

oEWSSD3.jpg

8 days after Japanese and German soldiers meet and they close the pocket. Few days after the weakest point guarded by lone Japanese division succumb to Chinese pressure but the pocket is closed once again by German "armoured horses".

g5JEdcd.jpg

Pressure from Chinese to escape from the pocket is huge but the lines hold by Germans stand still and the pocket is slowly running out of supplies.

kcRtsFL.jpg

German and Japanese soldiers are together pushing Chinese with intention to completely eliminate the pocket and nearly one million Chinese within it.

qpjrgMO.jpg

In the north the pocket has been separated into few smaller ones. The biggest one of these contains over 250,000 Chinese led by Chiang Kai-shek.

LJNLYDV.jpg

Chiang Kai-shek armies are taken prisoners of war and pressure on rest of trapped Chinese continues.

aREDi9R.jpg

Meanwhile in Europe which is controlled completely by the Axis rocket test site level 6, which is needed for research of jet aircraft, is completed.

HTF4KlC.jpg

Battles in China were valuable lesson for Heer and veteran army level 4 is reached. 2000 land battles were required and 20% bonus to organization regain rate and organization is nice.

akMc7Xy.jpg

Chinese are pushed into the sea.

NqwGgHB.jpg

Last battle in the pocket, majority of Unified Front armies has been destroyed.

K5QK27y.jpg

One week after destroying the pocket German soldiers entered Chinese capital. War score is now at 100% and I am now hesitating how to deal with RoC surrender as the next day they give up to my demands, Germans are awarded Guangzhou, and peace between RoC and Germany fires but RoC remains in war with Japan.

Should I accept Guangzhou region and let Japanese have fun with weakened Chinese warlords? Or should I puppet RoC and thus stealing any significant gains from Japanese. Other option is to add conquer war goal. Destroying RoC once for ever leaving Japanese with all land they've grabbed so far - and awarding the with more land via console.

I will probably add conquer war goal so RoC is gone and I will divide Chinese land between me and Japanese in some nice way

that wrapped a lot quicker than I expected.

I was expecting that I would be stuck in China for a year, that was massive success (in my test game I was stuck in China for year and half)

campaign started 1st June and now it's 15th December, so a bit more than half a year

27. The intervention, part 4

SJScron.jpg

It's nearly over, Kuomintang decided that's in China's best intention to surrender. Largest part of Unified front gave up the resistance and now only People's republic of China and Xibei San Ma remain in the conflict.

zzGFCpq.jpg

Same day another breakthrough in field of nuclear science has been achieved. Now only one civil tech remain in order to start work on the nuke. Although the last civil tech required is 1944 research is started immediately, ignoring time ahead penalties.

JwdIQDz.jpg

Republic of China territory has been divided between Japanese and German. Hope you like the borders.

yPpe0z7.jpg

Communist and Xibei armies now do not stand a chance against IJA supported by a corps of German armoured horses. Rest of German units are slowly withdrawing from Chinese heartland.

c13CuSs.jpg

Another technological breakthrough! Research of jet powered light fighters and bombers begun immediately.

EApgfPz.jpg

Corps of German armoured horses withdrew from the front and now it's only on Imperial Japanese army, but with RoC dead there's nothing in China that could challenge IJA.

MVHlGpF.jpg

Japanese managed to cut of Communists from their capital Yan'an which is bombed 24/7 by German medium bombers piloted by world's most experienced bomber crews which flew in Poland, France, Great Britain, Soviet Union and now in China.

zcG49J2.jpg

Another warlord fell, now only Xibei San Ma remain.

65SHT49.jpg

First rocket interceptor is ready for deployment in Luftwaffe, soon there will be nothing that could challenge might of Luftwaffe.

VpA75K8.jpg

Another nice breakthrough, construction of 10 strategic rockets begun immediately.

7rP4UtJ.jpg

Japanese decided to form Jungwei regime and gave them every piece of land they've conquered in China.

gbLm6FE.jpg

Well, that was unexpected.

What, Mao was a warlord? :D

Anyway, I'd expand to Yunnan and made a final correction of the borders. Japan declared war on the rest of Chinese factions in order to unify the entirety of China under their puppet's flag (no matter if Germany controls half of China already or not). What's a shame is that you can't establish a Chinese puppet which would control all your territory though :sad: