• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((sorry for not updating, but I'm again on that PC that has issues with EUIV. I'm going to try fixing at as soon as possible, so no worries ;)))

((Update should come tomorrow, unless a lot of unexpected stuff shows up ))

((really sorry for not updating, but I've a math test tomorrow :( After that's done, I should have more time though))

34401-177647.jpg

Name: Giovanni Tiepolo
Date of Birth: September 18, 1613
Nationality: Venetian
Religion: Catholic (open-minded)
Traits: Fortune Builder//Genius//Scholar//Dilligent//Cynical//Just//Stressed

Biography: Venetian Merchant/painter/architect and friend to the wealthy Cantarini family of Venice. One of the most well-known young merchants of Venice often making extended stays during trips to learn as much as possible about the culture, religion, or ruling family. An exceptionally quick-learning individual. He learned Spanish, Hungarian, German, Arabic, and a passable amount of Latin, English, and Russian during his travels to various courts painting frescoes or writing plays for the local nobility or showing off the latest wares arriving from the New World or the Far East.

Giovanni Battista Tiepolo was quite simply a brilliant man, but he was naïve. He was very hopeful that the world powers would see all people equally and not focus on cultures and religions as such a great barrier.

Giovanni's father served as advisor to the Doge but was accused of sending military information to Hungary and executed in 1642 without a trial. Giovanni looked into evidence of this and found that the allegations were false and that this was actually a plot by the Spanish. As Giovanni brought this evidence to the Doge, he was sneered at and given an ultimatum to leave Venice or face execution as well. The corruption of Venice ran deep...and the new Doge was selling out to the Spanish for a little safety from Hungary.

Giovanni was at a loss of what to do. Part of him wanted to raise an army and launch a rebellion for Venice as his Tiepolo ancestors had done before. He thought about fleeing to Hungary or Tirol and taking Venice by force. But even though Venice betrayed him, he could never act against Venice. He decided that it would be better to flee far away from the turmoil of Venice. He considered Spanish Africa or the New World, but was quickly reminded by his mother that the Spanish were the ones who had his father killed and she would spit in the face of any Spaniard she met. He also worried what a long sea voyage would do to his mother's failing physical and mental health. He thus decided it would be best to return to his mother's ancestral home in Anhalt, currently ruled by Brandenburg-Prussia.

The long voyage to Prussia was tiring, but they finally arrived during the Swedish-Prussian war. His grandmother's home in Stendal, Anhalt was still in tact and members of the Jaeger family still owned the estate. They gladly took in Giovanni and his mother (Susanne). Giovanni was grateful to have someone watch over his mother, but he refused to live off of the charity of others and sought a job in the court. Whether it was as a translator, painter, architect, printer, or fool...he would do what was necessary to sustain for himself and better his current situation.

He left her mother in their hands and rode to the capital to introduce himself to the Count of Anhalt and the Duke of Saxony.

Last edited:
((traits for Prince Charles de Bourgogne: Brilliant Strategist//Strategist//Inspiring Leader//Quick//Attractive//Scarred//Proud//Patient//

((/Reincarnation/ :p))

Chapter XXXVIII

Scandinavia agreed to peace 1647, ceding most of Jutland to Prussia. However, the victory for Prussia wasn't that grand as expected, as the stubborn Scandinavians refused to give up Lübeck. Instead, Prussia received a large sum of ducats, and with Lübeck falling under rebel control shortly after the war, it was a question if Scandinavia would ever get it back. Obviously, after the great victory of the 'bear', the Duchy of Jutland was awarded to Charles de Bourgogne, making him the most powerful duke in the realm.

LtLNaga.png

Denmark shortly after the war

That was not all for the territorial gains of Prussia, Samogitia in Lithuania was granted to Prussia after the Livonia and the Lithuanians fought out some petty war against each other. Samogitia was granted to the newly appointed duke of lithuania: Otto von Bavel-Baltzwischen.

The victory didn't lasted long though, the Mamluks declared a Jihad against Brandenburgs ally Poland, entering a long and bloody war. Brandenburg was still recovering from the last war, so it would take a long time to push back the mamluks.

Players Action Needed:

Vote on:

National Preussen Day: Yes/No/Abstain
Middyland day act: Yes/No/Abstain

Voting closes on 20/01/2015 18 CET.

National Preußen Day Bill: Nay
Midjylland Day Bill: Nay

Pommern​

National Preußen Day Bill: No
Midjylland Day Bill: No

I thank His Majesty for this honour and I hope to serve him.faithfully till the end of my days.

Otto von Bavel-Baltzwischen, Duke of Lithuania

National Preußen Day Bill: Yes
Midtjylland Day Bill: Yes

The great deeds of our kingdom should be commemorated so that future generations may remember them.

Let us drive out the Mohammedan scourge from the holy continent of Europa. For too long we have let these desert savages plunder the lands of good Christians. If they conquer Poland, than the path is clear for them to conquer all of Christendom.

-Trajan von Liepzitz, Count of Warmia and Baron of Bardowick

National Prueßen Day Bill: Aye
Midtjylland Day Bill: Nay

I don't have much more to say about these bills. As for war, I'd rather hear it from our general first, only if he thinks he can win shall we do it.

~John Copletios

National Prueßen Day Bill: Yes
Midtjylland Day Bill: No

- Viktor von Hachsburg

First, I would like to thank our majesty, the king, for declaring me Duke of Jutland. He has chosen wisely. However to speak of war with the mamluks, might be a bad idea, considering we have just finished another war and our greedy neighbors might use the chance they got to attack us in the rear.

National Preußen Day Bill: Yes
Midjylland Day Bill: Yes

~ Duke Charles de Bourgogne, Prinz of Thüringia, Duke of Jutland and General of Prussia's Armies

National Preußen Day Bill: No
Midjylland Day Bill: No

(( Apologies for my long absence! The lack of updates made me forget that this even existed :p ))

I support the National Preußen Day bill, but I disapprove the Midjylland Day Bill. While celebrating a victory is all well and good, annual holidays should be reserved for only the greatest and most momentous of occasions.

On a side note, I would like to make his Majesty aware that I am willing and able to serve as a general in the Prussian armies should one be needed.

Finally, I would like to start the construction of an Armory in Luneburg. The remaining funds can be used as his Majesty sees fit.

~ Karl von Stade, Count of Luneburg

(( P.S. Karl's traits are: Skilled Tactician, Strategist, Quick, Legitimized Bastard, Humble, Patient, Cynical ))

Last edited:
While I have only been in Prussia for little over a month, a successful war over the combined forces of England and Scandinavia has shown the whole world Prussia's power. I say this is certainly an occasion to nationally honor the crown and the country! I vote Aye for National Preussen Day.

I unfortunately wasn't in court to hear of the details of the Midjylland battle, but it does sound like a rousing success and a great tale to tell children...but I do not believe it merits an annual celebration for itself. Maybe a small toast in remembrance for the Battle of Midjylland on Preussen Day. I vote Nay on Midjylland Day.

-Giovanni Tiepolo, courtier in the County of Anhalt.

Last edited: