• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
name: John Copletios
Date of Birth: Aug. 21 1516
Nationality: Greco-German
Religion: Lutheran/Protestant
Bio: The eldest son of his father, and therefore heir of his grandfather, Angelos, after his death, John is another young duke. He was a sickly youth, and spent more time in the court of his grandfather, and on some occasions, in Brandenburg itself. Too ill to fight, John is instead a skilled administrator, and is rather ambitious to boot. It is unlikely he would support the political status quo, both outside, and inside Brandenburg.
((We are in 1627 now, that would make this dude ...... 111 years old :p))

482px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Brandenburg.svg.png

The Budget of the Kingdom of Brandenburg:
Or, the Allocation of Funds for the Betterment of the Realm and His Royal Highness, King of Brandenburg, Prince of Hesse, Duke of Brandenburg, etc., King Heinrich III von Hohenzollern

The total wealth of the Kingdom of Brandenburg is currently 501 Brandenburger Mark and we have repayed our debt, thus I, Franz Johann Herman von Bavel-Baltzwischen-Öberlausitz, hereby sought it fit to divise this budget for the King and Kingdom of Brandenburg:

To the Right, Honourable Lords of Brandenburg,
with again the urge that they spend their new gained wealth to protect the King and the Kingdom of Brandenburg and to invest their new gained wealth in Brandenburg heself to increase the wealth of the people, by investing in the Royal Artillery Corps and buildings like Churches and Markets across Brandenburg:

50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Lausitz
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Mitte
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Saxony
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Mecklenburg
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Brunswick-Lauenburg
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Pommern
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Ruppin
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Anhalt
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Thüringen
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Öberlausitz
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Lüneburg
25 Brandenburger Mark to the High Lord Chancellor
25 Brandenburger Mark to the Lord Treasurer

----

500 Brandenburger Mark to the Right, Honourable Lords of Brandenburg.

The Remainder and any future incomes I dedicate to the King's sole usage as he sees fit, be it for expenditures of the realm or for apportionment at a future date.

Franz Johann Herman von Bavel-Baltzwischen-Oberlausitz, By the Grace of our King and the Most Holy Lord, Graf of Öberlausitz, Baron of Baltzwischen, Head of the von Bavel Family, Lord Steward and Head of the Bavel Handels Compangie, High Admiral of the Bavel Handels Compangie, Chief Financier and Honourary Admiral of the Most Loyal and Most Honourable Köninglich Kriegsmarine von dem Köningreich Brandenburg, Right, Honourable Lord Treasurer of His Majesty, the King of Brandenburg

Last edited:
(Seeing as it's been 19 years can't we just assume that a new parliament has already been called? It would save time)

((We could, but I'd rather not. Otherwise I'd have to just make up some dates for my list of parliaments, which I'd rather not do – largely because there's no precedent and we have had longer sessions. The onus is entirely on BR to dissolve parliaments after sensible lengths of time. When he doesn't, it becomes our job to give him a reminder. :)))

I wish to ask the Right Honourable Lord High Treasurer why he has not included the Duchy of Pommern in his latest budget?

~The Duke of Pommern

(pssst it's 460 to the Lords....)

((Yes, I forgot that there was one new duke, the Duke of Lausitz. Sorry Densley, I forgot the Duchy of Pommern))

Last edited:
jyQQTWa.png

A message from House de Bourgogne von Thüringen

I wish to offer my condolences to my brother in-law and the Completios family. I vote for Quality ideas.

~Prince Philipe de Bourgogne, Prinz of Thüringia

((Also TJDS, I'm the Prinz of Thüringia and not count.))

I too feel that exploring means by which we can improve the quality of our armed forces would be prudent.

~Karl Christian von Eltmann, 2nd Duke of Pommern

Huey Von Pubert Spoke up.

We are in a good financial position, however the split within the Empire over religion has the potential to drag our nation into war. I therefore believe we should look to strengthen our military. However I am currently undecided between Aristocratic or Quality ideas. I would be open to persuasion towards either option.

1614: Augustus "the baron" Von Liepzitz retires from Parliament and returns back to his nearing in Bardowick. His nephew, Trajan Von Liepzitz, takes his seat in Parliament. The baron marries his sweetheart, Emma Pudliuski, after the demise of her husband in the pretender rebellion. Augustus spends the last years of his life in peaceful contemplation.

1615: Being a zealous Catholic, Trajan condemns the Evangelical Union, or the "League of Abominations" as he likes to call it. He continually invokes fears that Protestants will murder all good Catholics in their beds in the middle of the night.

1627: Trajan condemns the war and calls it a "mad folly". His uncle, the baron, dies in his sleep later in the year. Trajan is now the baron of Bardowick.

I believe Brandenburg should admit a policy of Humanism ((so Humanist ideas)) in order to ease the minds of her loyal Catholic population and make sure they are protected.

-Trajan von Liepzitz

Name: Trajan Von Liepzitz
DOB: August 19, 1587
Nationality: German/Brandenburger
Religion: Catholic
Bio: From a young age, Trajan was inspired by the story of the heroic Bishop Maximilian, who devoted his life to protecting the lives and rights of Brandenburg's oppressed Catholic. As he became older, Trajan identified himself as an ardent Maximilianate. Ever since he has replaced his uncle in Parliament, he has fought tirelessly for the rights of Catholics. Trajan is married to the daughter of a Burgundian count and has two daughters and two sons. He was educated in the art if diplomacy and practices it like an Underhanded Rogue.

((Is alxeu still general? If that is the truth, he is a zombie.))

jyQQTWa.png

A message from House de Bourgogne von Thüringen

I will travel to the lands of the crown of Burgundy to visit my grandfathers fatherland and the Bourgognian court. The Saxon part of de Bourgogne house have been pardoned it seeems. My son Charles will take care of the Princedom of Thüringia until I return.

~Prince Philipe de Bourgogne, Prinz of Thüringia

Last edited:
As a devout Calvinist, I share the right honorable Trajan von Liepzitz's concerns. I wish for the affirmation of Tolerance within our nation, and the easing of the tensions between religious groups. ((I vote for Humanism))

~Adolf Krüper

After many years of loyalty to his country, Wilhelm von Stade has passed peacefully in his sleep. He has left all that he owns to his bastard son, Karl von Stade.

- A messenger from the county of Luneburg

FmAkiRa.jpg

Name: Karl von Stade

Date of Birth: Spring, 1601

Nationality: German

Religion: Lutheran

Biography: Due to never marrying, Wilhelm never had any legitimate sons. However, several years after a fateful visit to a brothel (which was proceeded by the drinking of several alcoholic beverages), Wilhelm would discover that his "encounter" had produced a son. Rather than denouncing the boy, Wilhelm embraced the boy as his own. Wilhelm named the boy Karl, and had him educated in an abundance of scholarly things. Although he attended the classes so as to not displease his father, Karl secretly took an interest in the arts of war. Eventually Wilhelm would discover Karl's pursuit of war and scold him, but nevertheless Karl continued his studies.

It is my duty to report that the most honorable Prince Philipe de Bourgogne, Erste Prinz of Thüringia has died on his way home from Burgundy. He is now being transfered to the family crypt in Erfurt. His oldest son Prince Charles de Bourgogne will succeed him shortly. He is however in deep sorrow after he heard about his loss of his father.

- A messenger from the court in Erfurt

159px-Charles_the_Bold_1460.jpg

Name: Prince Charles de Bourgogne

Date of birth: 27th February 1608

Nationality: Saxon

Religion: Reformed school of thought

Bio: Born as the first and only son of Prince Philipe de Bourgogne, he was destined to inherit the Princedom of Thüringia. He used most of his time as child and young to learn about different languages and cultures. He is fluent in eight different languages including the Brandenburgian dialect of German, Spanish and Latin. Indeed he also learnt the martial skills of a general. He is very physical strong and attractive. He also shares a strong friendship with the Copletios family.

Titles:
~Prinz of Thüringia, 1627 -

Last edited: