• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I just found out... I fucked up! I don't know whether or not I shall revolt or just give in.))

((I'd give in, play as a different family member, remind Brandenburg about what made the Exile Prince a good man. There's been enough strife.))

((I just found out... I fucked up! I don't know whether or not I shall revolt or just give in.))

((Well, the rest of your family is fine, so you can just give in and play as a courtier. If you revolt, we certainly won't be as lenient...))

I, Prince Augustin de Bourgogne, accepts the jury's decision. But I must beg, that I'm giving a better burial place than a river, a small grave in the woods would be enough, as I have made grave mistakes in my life, but let my family remember me... And, a last thing, you made a grave mistake by executing me, because I'm the least dangerous man in this realm...

- Prince Augustin de Bourgogne at his last words in this world

Last edited:
I applaud the jury's wise decision, as death by decapitation is only a fair penalty for the conspiracy to murder and kinslaying. However, I do urge the jury to make his death as honourable as the convict himself has honourably accepted the verdict. I feel that the body should be buried and his soul given the last rites (should this be part of the Prince's faith). After all, when God will judge our lives, he will do so based on how we treated our enemies. It is my strongest belief that we must treat those who are about to die with nothing but respect.

- Sebastian von Stern

Well that's over and done with.

((Well, almost. Heinrich is still in exile, and given the right circumstances he might make trouble, though I doubt he's coming back anytime soon.))

I also support the jury's decision. Although I would rather have the family exiled, the sentence is good enough for me. Off with his head!

- Wilhelm von Stade, Count of Luneburg

Chapter XXXI
The whole nation was in turmoil when the plot was revealed. The general of Brandenburg, the Treasurer, some random courtier and one of the most powerful dukes in the realm were accused of wanting to install a godless state. After a series of trails, the treasurer was declared innocent. The general died by suicide, the Duke of Mitte was assassinated by his brother, a brother who was accused of murder after his deeds, and executed. The courtier fled the nation, never to be seen again.

Following the executions and the trails, fierce competition began for the titles who were left open. The County of Neumark received the Duchy of Pommern, after it's old duke died and there was no direct heir. The County of Neumark was declared to be no longer a county, and the Duke of Silesia regained all authority over the region. A more difficult matter was the Duchy of Mitte. On one side, the supporters of the Bourgonge family, who brought Brandenburg to greatness, believed it should be given to the heir of the family. von Stern, a family who was dominant in Brandenburg before the arrival of the Bourgonges, claimed the Duchy of Mitte as his own. Then the count of Ruppin wanted to gain more power. In the end the von Sterns' prevailed, replacing the Bourgonges as dominant family in the realm.

The coming years would mark the beginning of Brandenburg as dominant power in Nothren Europe, something the Teutonic Order also noticed. Tensions began to grow, and war was around the corner. The army was still recovering, the navy was non-existant, but the treasury was full of gold. Brandenburg was one of the leading powers in naval technology, but was having no navy at all. The king ordered the dukes to build a mighty navy, and to equip the armies with the newest cannons. War would break loose sooner or later, and the one who would win, would dominate Northern Europe for a century at least.

Player Actions Needed:

TJDS, provide a treasurer plan. You have 380 Ducats to assign, we have no loans remaining. When that's done, the dukes have to make plans to build an army greater then ever before.
All the rest, choose a new general and an admiral.

Deadline is 12/08/2014 15 GMT

If you may recall, my lord, I requested the position of General of the Brandenburgian Army. I am a fierce loyalist to the crown and would rather die than see it overthrown. Indeed, even before seeing the latest treasury notice, I want my entire ducal funds to go to the army, to train what you see fit.

Also,I'd like to propose a bill:

Army oath of loyalty.​

Noting that the army is a vital part of the survival of Brandenburg, and noting that the army should not be allowed to betray the king, the Duke of Mecklenburg requests these changes in recruitment of the army:

1. All new recruits to the army must make an oath of loyalty to the king, swearing that he is ultimately the only legal power and the land, and that anyone who opposes him is an enemy of the state.

2. In times of regency, the oath still goes towards the king, with the added promise that the regent can not be betrayed, unless he prevents the king from ruling, if the king is fit for rule.

3. All new generals mut also make an oath of loyalty to the king, following the above standards.

4. Any existing units are to make this oath on the bill's passing.

5. Any man who refuses the oath is therefore prohibited from being in the army, the navy, and the government, even though oaths are not required for the navy and government yet.

Signed,

Angelos Copletios, Duke of Mecklenburg

I support this bill, and urge all true Brandenburgians do the same.

~Angelos Copletios, Duke of Mecklenburg

140px-Wappen_Altmarkkreis_Salzwedel.svg.png

A message from Gunther Stalk the Younger, Chancellor of the late Duke Otto III von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony and Lord of the Old March

It is a sad day, as His Excellency, Duke Otto III von Altmark has perished in his bed in Altmark Castle. He shall be succeeded by his son Johannes von Altmark as Duke Johannes I von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony and Count of Altmark.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

35d61c0e0f394039585253d380cbe8f3.jpg

Name: Lord High Chancellor Johannes I von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony, Count of Altmark, and Lord of the Old March
Date of Birth: 4th June, 1563 (17)
Nationality: Saxon
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Born the first son of Duke Otto III von Altmark, he was the heir apparent of House von Altmark. He is a known Catholic. For his dedication to the state he was appointed as Lord High Chancellor in 1608 until his death in 1634. He was succeeded by his son Otto von Altmark.

Titles:
Duke of Altmark und Saxony ~ 1580 - 1634
Lord of the Old March ~ 1580 - 1634
Count of Altmark ~ 1580 - 1634
Lord High Chancellor ~ 1608 - 1634

Leiges:
Albert Christian I von Hohenzollern ~ 1580 - 1587
Christian Wilhelm I von Hohenzollern ~ 1587 - 1608
King Heinrich III von Hohenzollern ~ 1608 - 1634

Last edited:
((Okay here we go again...))

Name: Prince Philipe de Bourgogne
Date of Birth: 17th december 1570 ((10 as of 1580))
Date of death: 2nd July 1627 (56 years of age.)
Nationality: Saxon ((Or Brandenburgian))
Religion: Reformed
Bio: Born as the son of Prince Augustin who was executed, a thing that left him fatherless((DB, I'm looking at you and the jury :))). After his father death his mother has looked for a guardian for him amongst the nobles of Brandenburg.

Titles:
Prinz of Thüringia

Last edited:
I would like to take the role of guardian of Prince Philippe, as I was a friend of his grandfather, and I hope somewhat a friend to Augustin.

~Angelos Copletios, Duke of Mecklenburg

The Duke of Mecklenburg, Angelos Copletios has assumed guardianship over Prince Philipe de Bourgogne.