• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter XXVIII

Shortly after the declared rebellion of Father Maximilian, 10.000 catholic zealots rose up in Ruppn. The Brandenburger army was caught totally of guard, with it's 3000 men being killed in a fierce battle against the combined forces of Maximilian's elite mercenaries and the zealots militia's. It was a slaughter. With no army to oppose the armies of Maximilian, Ruppin and Lüneburg both fell to his forces.

Some historians called this a civil war, but it was hardly a war. Brandenburg was having no men at arms, and the faith of the nation was in the hands of Father Maximilian.

Andre, please declare if you will continue to push and take over Brandenburg, or stay with your original goal.

Some say that prince Philipe de Bourgogne fled the battle, with the rest of his army. That was however a lie. The exile prince was hiding in the Brandenburger marsh, with a small company of men, to ambush the forces of Father Maximillian and destroy their supply lines, and gather support from the local protestant population... The Exile Prince, was still ready to fight and not at all broken.

I shall not be fleeing from anywhere. Just as the Bloody Bishop has refused to suffer conversions, so shall I refuse to suffer any conversion efforts he places upon my person. My faith is inviolable, and so is my loyalty to Brandenburg – and I would sooner die than have Brandenburg and her people subjected to the horrors the traitors surely wish to inflict. I urge all tolerant people of Parliament to not quit the country in its hour of need.

Karl Erasmus Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark, KS

((And there I am, wondering what a mine cart has to do with all of this. I'll wait and see though, I guess. Please continue what you're doing ;)))

((Is it that Gen. Marshall we know?))

The Duchy of Altmark und Saxony remains loyal to the Supreme Pontiff. We are willing to act as mediators between the Bishop and the King regarding the fate of the nation.

((If you're wondering whether or not I'm the same person who participated in this iAAR as Richard von Stern, then yes. :D))

((Good... Are you coming into it again?))

((You're just as bad as Belgium, and in two ways too :D

I'm doing a lot of iAARs now, as you can see in my signature, so I'm afraid I don't really have the time to be anything else than a background actor here...))

((Oh, okay... Wait, what two ways?))

((Holy crap! I didn't expect this at all! I guess I can't stop now, can I?))

Bishop Maximillian takes off his helmet and wipes the sweat from his brow. He views the battlefield all around him. With the battlefield adrenaline leaving his system, he begins to appreciate the feat his band of rabble rousers had just accomplished. Maximillian knew God was on his side, but the magnitude of this victory was simply stunning. Perhaps there was no ceiling for Maximillian, savior of the Catholic faith...

Catholics of Brandenburg, today we have won the greatest victory for Christendom since the legendary Battle of Tours! Catholicism has been saved in Brandenburg, now it must be saved all over Europe. Onward to Berlin- there is much work to be done! I will rule Brandenburg in the name of the Holy Father till order is restored and the safety of Catholicism in Brandenburg is guaranteed.

Maximillian and his followers begin their march toward the capital

A LETTER FROM BISHOP MAXIMILLIAN TO THE PROTESTANT NOBLES OF BRANDEBURG,

My fellow Brandenburgers,

I know that my victory has deeply troubled you, for you now face eternal damnation and God's judgment for turning against the one true faith. But I write this letter to tell you that your hour of judgment has not yet come, for I am not fit to perform that task. That is up to God. I will not force anyone to convert back to the righteous path, though you all attempted to do the same to my constituents. But there will be rewards for those who seek to return to the gracious arms of the Church, for our God is a forgiving one.

I would also like to assure you that the King will not be harmed, for he is still a monarch anointed by God, even if he has erred from the path of the righteous. I will allow him to live in Brandenburg as long as he appoints me Regent and cedes temporary responsibility for the governance of Brandenburg to my person.

Your brother in faith,

Bishop Maximillian

Last edited:
A letter to Bishop Maximillian from the exile prince

Me and the rest of my army will never stop the war against your madman traitarous scum. I will figth you to the last bloody drop of blood.

- The exile prince, Philipe de Bourgogne

BrandenburgSeal_zpsfa0ef6d0.jpg

Message from the King

I, the king of Brandenburg refuses to leave my castle for this traitor! I command all dukes to do exactly the same, and I sent envoys to every protestant nation to help us in our holy cause! Death to Father Maximilian!

((okay, the king stays in the capital and refuses Father Maximilian's offer. Update up soonish.))

Chapter XXIX

When Maximilian declared himself regent of Brandenburg, he wasn't even in control of the capital. Lüneburg and Ruppin were under his control, but in Potsdam the Duke of Mitte was fiercely resisting the catholic armies. The king decided to seize the entire treasury of all dukes for raising mercenaries. He inmediatly marched to liberate Potsdam, but, his first attempt failed after a long battle.

Pike+melee.jpg

2y6MFsk.png

The second battle, in December 1565 ended with the total crushing of the rebellion. Although Father Maximilian managed to escape, other leaders of the rebellion had less luck, they were all executed. God granted the king of Brandenburg victory, and finally the nation was stable again. The county of Lüneburg was granted to Prinz Wilhelm von Oranien-Nassau.

bh8PkBC.png

Wait until I play more.

Last edited:
((Also, do you mean 1561? According to previous updates, the current king was crowned in '62, and H. Ludke is meant to have died in 1564...))

((Also, do you mean 1561? According to previous updates, the current king was crowned in '62, and H. Ludke is meant to have died in 1564...))
((fixed once more...))

((fixed once more...))

((Wonderful. :)))

Now that we have dealt with the rebellious elements – at least for now – I feel this would be an appropriate time to address the fact that our Parliament will shortly be entering its 19th year in session. I therefore propose that it be dissolved, and fresh elections called immediately. This will also allow a good opportunity for His Majesty to appoint a new Lord High Chancellor.

~Karl Graf von Eltmann zu Neumark, K. S.