• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johann, I will ask the von Altmark family to cease it, and you won't get any punishment. You serve the nation well, and you do your duty as general. A field Marshal is needed to Inspect the lands, and propose solutions to rebel groups. Nothing which a general should do. You lead the armies, not the field marshal.

My liege,

I can only thank you profusely. I can only hope to repay your kindness on the battlefield. I also now see what a Field Marsha
P would be needed. Thank you for taking time to explain.

Your loyal servant,

Johann Ritter von Töplitz

I humbly believe Maximilian Nordenfeldt is the man suited for the job of Field Marshall.

~ Duke of Neumark John Edward Rode von Flensburg

I also believe Maximilian Nordenfeldt is the right person for the position.

I also believe it is to much to carry the duties of Duke and Field Marshall together, so I support Maximiliaan Nordenfelt.

~Jacob I von Rheinsberg, Duke of Ruppin

My King,
I believe it would be best for the realm if the Duke von Ammendsdorf of Potsdam was named as Marshall. The Duke would have his own men in the army. This would make him cautious and thrifty with the use of your armies. Willing men are a valuable commodity.

- Georg of Perleberg -

Van Amerongen thought for a while, then approached the king and whispered:

'Being both a duke and a marshal at a time when Brandenburg has only little power? It might be better to divide power equally, thus I support Maximiliaan.'

Last edited:
Chapter VI

During the rebel uprising the court was divided on the matter if von Töplitz was responisble for the death of Otto von Altmark, or not. The court refused to replace him, and gave the king the order to punish him or not. After the king talked to Johann, he decided that it was not neccesary to punish the General. However, the king came with something suprisingly. He wanted a field Marshal of Brandenburg. it was a close race between the Duke of Potsdam, and a Swede, who was relativly new to the court. He was a fully intregrated German of course. The Swede, Maximilian Nordenfeldt won though, and the Duke was left with nothing. To compensate that, the king called for the need of a Cardinal of Brandenburg some days later.
Von Töplitz ordered the army to move to Potsdam, and from there, once the armies from Neumark arrived, into Altmark. However, when the armies arrived there, and united with the levies from Neumark, the rebels attack Ruppin. The King ordered von Töplitz to move there at full speed, and he attacked the rebels. After days of bloody combat, von Töplitz defeated his counterpart, a rebelling knight.
j0rh.png

However, the army of 11.000 men weighted heavy on the economy of Brandenburg, von Töplitz conquered Magdeburg back quickly, but still problems weren't over. The king ordered his treasurer to propose an emergency plan.
4lux.png

The newly appointed Field Marshal was ordered to propose a solution to the Magdeburg nationalists, to prevent further uprisings.
e4wr.png

Player actions needed:

Fingon, I NEED AN EMERGENCY Plan!!

Bonaparti, I need a planfor the rebels, if action needs to be undertaken or not.

Densley, I need to know where the army would rest

I also need nominations for the Cardinal of Brandenburg.

as a reminder to Bonaparti, stability boost isn't handled by you, but by the court. You can propose it though.

Voting ends 14/11/2013 19 GMT (24 hours)

I advise that the army of Brandenburg rests in Altmark to help ease the rebel situation.

-Johann Ritter von Töplitz

Name: Hermann Phillip von Hansen
DOB: 15 January 1410
Nationality: Bohemian/Brandenburgian
Religion: Hussite (keeps it hidden and goes to church services with the rest of the Catholics, but secretly practices his religion)
Bio: A refugee from the Hussite Wars, he fled to Brandenburg to escape persecution. He was a prominent local Hussite back in Bohemia, and can't forget the Hussite Wars and the damage they caused. He still remains firm in his religion, though, and to this day practices it. Hermann is very ambitious and desires a high-up postion in the government. he has obtained a license saying he was born in Berlin and currently lives at the court.

I suggest you treat them harsh for what they have done (at least if you could spend your military authority on the treatment) it is never ok to rise up to you my great king. They might try to rise up again so I suggest the army should be moved to Magdeburg in case the nationalistic dogs try something. Raising our stability could not hurt either and while all these things are happening we should try to make Magdeburg in to a core province in our kingdom so our supporters in Magdeburg can feel accepted and we can mock the nationalists even more.

-Maximilian Nordenfeldt

((This may seem kinda quick but...))

Your Excellency,
I humbly nominate myself for the position of cardinal of Brandenburg. I attend Church nearly every day, and whenever I am sick I still eat Communion. I would follow the Pope, but still hold the Kingdom above the Papacy.
Piously yours,
Hermann Phillip von Hansen

My King,
I have had some experience handling your funds. It may not be much but the budget for your Chapel has taught me lessons. I do not presume to usurp the authority of the Treasurer. Is it entirely necessary to continue von Dott-Dat-Dodt's employment? His payment is almost the entirety of our shortfall.

And now to the matters of the Cardinal. Our first volunteer says he does not respect the authority of Christ's Vicar. He would make you a laughing stock in Roma. I do not know if we have any churchmen active at court. If we do they should be given first consideration.

And what of the rebels? We have good news of General von Toplitz's battle. Do Barwald's vagabonds still camp somewhere? Or were they broken?

- Georg of Perleberg -

My Excellency,
It appears my comments have been misinterpreted by my colleague Georg of Perleberg. I would support God's Kingdom wholeheartedly. But I am sure you have heard of the investiture crisis, when Pope tried to claim authority over King? I was merely saying I would stand by my King on that issue, and support the Pope on others. My Lord, my Christian credentials are in no doubt. (glances nervously) Please, I would have been in the priesthood but alas, I was almost killed by the Hussite refugees in Bohemia.
Piously yours,
Hermann Phillip von Hansen

((Voting closed, GreayUberGreek, you are cardinal, since the lack of other candidates, Fingon, you got a warning for being to late, one more time and you are fired. For the Finance, A plan needs to be proposed, first come first served!))

Thank you, m'lord. I will not fail you.
Cardinal von Hansen
((At least a win by default is better than to lose. :laugh: ))

Finance Plan

All funds are kept in the treasury.

Signed,

Prince Albrecht III
((eehm, that wouldn't fix any problems, and lead to bankruptcy after 18 months, you should cut some maintenance or fire the advisor :D))