• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ruppin.gif

Your Highness,
I can not apologize more to you for my recent silence, but I can only hope to assure you that it was not in laziness and I was surely not relaxing in the confines of Castle Wittstock. Rather I can only hope to give you assurance that my silence was in due to my discussions and planning in hope of developing the best plan for the Duchy of Ruppin to best serve Yourself and Brandenberg.

This is the general plan I have for Ruppin... Generally I think it is best to first improve our military capacities and strength and as such believe the first priority is to establish an armory. This should be followed by a Constable to ensure local peace. Then it is of course best to serve our Lord with the construction of a temple. The final priority would be a marketplace to better the Trade of Ruppin.

I sincerely hope these plans serve Ruppin and Your Highness well.

~Forever Your Servant, Jacob Murr von Rheinsberg, Duke of Ruppin

Last edited:
Your Royal Majesty,

Your humble servant would advise you the following plan of the development of Potsdam. First you should build an armory,in order to guarantee our military capability in the years to come. Then I would recommend to construct a temple, dedicated to St Hedwig of Andechs, the patron saint of our lands. A ruler can only reign well, when God blesses his efforts. After that, I think, you should build a constable and a marketplace.

- Gerhard von Ammendorf, Duke of Potsdam

Your Majesty,

I humbly advise the following for the development of the Duchy of Brandenburg. I believe firstly that an armory should be established, followed then by a constable which will ensure stability remains intact in the lands and finally a marketplace to give a sense of order to the trade of goods in the land.

Your Servant,

Joachim Nestor
Duke of Brandenburg

Chapter III

Diplomats where send to Bohemia on 11 November 1444, and answer came 3 days later. The land of the Eagle was allied with the Bohemians. Giving the fact that Bohemia and Brandenburg where allied, Brunswick and Hessen searched protection under the wings of the eagle. Again, Brandenburg accepted alliances with both of them.

A Year passed, It became Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. In the winter of 1445, on December the 7th, the Eagle attacked Magdeburg, for the contested province of Altmark. Otto von Altmark was sure he would gain the Ducal title of Altmark, however, the court would need to decide if that would be true.
x9rn.png

((note the battle is already fought here))​

Ten days after the declaration of war, after several days of fighting, the armies of Brandenburg destroyed the armies of Magdeburg. Nothing was left of them, they were all hunted down and killed. General von Töplitz said about the battle: “Today is the Day when the war is won, even the Hansa can’t stop us now”.
lify.png

He proved to be right, the Hansas armies where to late, and Bohemia stopped them. Johann managed to win the siege of Altmark in just 4 months’ time, and now, Altmark was added to the realm of the King.
80gd.png

Austria, the emperor however demanded that we returned out ‘unlawful’ territory to them. At the court, the King laughed about it. And it was rejected. They didn’t knew what was coming… The Austrians killed 4 Brandenburgian knights in their country. They also bribed the pope, and von Saarmund was declared an heretic.

Player actions needed:

I played two years, do the insult of Austria.

firstly, nominate candidates for the Duchy of Altmark, or give Otto von Altmark it.

Densley, I need your commands for the army, it should look like this:

Siege Focus/Battle Focus
Aggressive/defensive
Attacking/Retreating

About Austria:

Propose reactions to the Insult

Voting ends tommorow at 15 GMT

Last edited:
I support Otto von Altmark as Duke of Altmark.

Regarding the Austrian diplomatic insult, it is imperative that we act decidedly, yet without taking any action - we must preserve our diplomatic power, however, we cannot afford a conflict with Austria right now.

My liege,

I would advise that we seek to focus on battles before initiating any sieges. We must be sure that we will not be caught unaware by any enemy while we are sat outside a city's gates. Once we ca be confident of no further threats, however, sieges would best be begun.

On occasions where we have declared war, we must seek to retain the advantage and focus on attack. Should we feel that we would not be best prepared to so so, however – especially in any defensive wars – we must ensure we can retain our troops until such time when we feel we would be best prepared to deliver a decisive blow to our enemies.

I am your humble servant,

-Johann Ritter von Töplitz

((Basically:

Battle focus/Aggressive/Attack unless doing so would be foolish.))

Kresimir was standing next to the King with his full uniform, he approached the King, kneeled and then rose up again and started to speak.

Your Highness,

May I suggest, me your humble servant that the tile for the duchy of Altmark should be given to it's rightful owner, to Otto von Altmark due to his service he may contribute to the kingdom. His vassals will serve their real master unlke the previous owners, the userpurs to his duchy who are no longer in position to threat us. As for the insult from the Austrians.... well I say they can lick your boots from their ruby imperial seat to the south. The North will not bend the knee to the southeners biding, even if they are our liege lords. You have won this war and by right of conquest you are allowed to keep those lands.

Your highness,

Due to my experience in warfare, I suggest the following;
Battle focus, as the death of an army should proceed the long siege efforts our armies.
Aggressive tactics, as killing an army on the attack on our terms is essential, and letting the enemy armies recover is foolish.
We should always be attacking, never retreating as it is both dishonorable and cowardly to retreat.

Also, I vote for Otto Von Altmark for the duke of Altmark. His services should be rewarded, and thus he deserves the title of Duke.

-You humble servant, Erich Faust von Berlin

I believe Otto von Altmark is certainly deserving for the Duchy of Altmark, for it is only right that he should have it.

~Jacob von Rheinsberg, Duke of Ruppin

I do not believe that it is wise to do much more about these Habsburg dogs than seethe. They are the Emperors after all, and although we here do believe the Emperor not to have total authority in our lands, they are much more powerful than us. At the same time, however, we should look to ally with the Emperor's enemies...France, perhaps? Or maybe Bavaria?

-Giovanni Snow

It is the popular thing to declare our contempt for the Habsburgers. At the same time we must remember our capabilities. We should seek the insight of von Töplitz. He will know if the army can survive an Austrian onslaught. If they would fail to weather an offensive then we should exercise humility.

- Georg of Perleberg -

I support Otto von Altmark to be duke of the Duchy of Altmark as well. As for the slight from Austria, we should tread carefully for we are not strong enough to face them alone, diplomacy can be as efficient as the sword and I echo the calls of our royal court to seek to ally ourselves to the enemies of Austria while strengthening our own position, perhaps when it is viable more expansion of our lands.

- Viscount John Edward Rode von Flensburg

Chapter IV
After Otto von Alrmark was choosen to duke of Altmark, the eagle looked east. The declaration of war on the Teutonic order came on 2 February 1447. The attack came so early thanks to the Polish offering the king an alliance, and the King accepted of course. The war was huge for that time period. Over 100.000 soldiers fought in it.
un73.png

In April, news came from Brunswick, a country close to Brandenburg. Lüneburg invaded it. This act of aggression was of course not at the pleasure of the Habsburgs, but they didn’t care as much as when Altmark was conquered, after all, Lüneburg wasn’t a strong power in the HRE. It was August when the armies of the Teutons in Neumark surrendered to von Töplitz, the great general who conquered Magdeburg before. To thank him, the King declared that he would start a new order of knights, the Johannic order, named after von Töplitz. Of course von Töplitz was the first member of the order. He also received a gift of 10 ducats, for his bravery during combat. Since the Polish armies already defeated the Teutons, and the Bohemians where fighting the Hungarians, there was no room in battle for the General. So he proceeded to Thüngiria, and sieged them.

In October, 11.000 angry Magdenburgian Nationalist rose up in Altmark. The Brandenburgian army only counted 6000 men, and could mobilize 4000 men more. On 8 December 1448, the King won the war, claiming Neumark for the Eagle. Von Töplitz was declared a hero, and he was carried through the streets of Berlin. It was von Töplitz who won two wars, in only 4 years’ time…
ryrx.png

Player actions needed:

Vote on a new Mission, the ones available are:

- Improve Our Prestige (currently we have 24 prestige)
- Make Saxony Vote for us
- Conquer Silesia (a puppet of our ally)

Second, nominate a duke for Neumark and vote for them.

And Finally, propose a solution to the uprising.

Voting ends tomorrow at 17 GMT

My Liege,

If I might, now that the war is won I wish, should you deem it proper, to nominate a candidate for the ducal seat of Neumark. I believe that Johann Eduard Rode Freiherr von Flensburg would be a fine candidate. He has demonstrated his inherent wit and ability on many occasions, and I feel he would be a good, loyal servant to the Electorate in such a position.

-Johann Ritter von Töplitz

I believe we should strive to enhance our prestige to improve our standing in Europe, as a result other nations and kingdoms would be more willing to deal with us via trade, diplomacy and alliances with an overall better image of ourselves. I also would like to echo the good general's words of support and petition to be Duke of Neumark. I will do my utmost to put the realm in the service of our great King.

- Viscount John Edward Rode von Flensburg

We would do well to grant Herr von Flensburg a realm to his name. His loyalty is grandiose and surely can only serve the Realm of Brandenburg to its immense benefit. Thus I officially nominate him as Duke of Neumark.

~Jacob von Rheinsberg, Duke of Ruppin

name: Jonathan Von Seestein
Date of Birth: 3.1.1420
Nationality: Still unsure of
Religion: "
Bio: "

I read the prologue and chapters,didn't pay too much attention to the votes needed.
Is there anything important I should know?
Also,how would foreign nationalities work? Wouldn't it be quite risky to have non-Brandenburgers(heh) as Generals,Admirals,or dukes?

name: Jonathan Von Seestein
Date of Birth: 3.1.1420
Nationality: Still unsure of
Religion: "
Bio: "

I read the prologue and chapters,didn't pay too much attention to the votes needed.
Is there anything important I should know?
Also,how would foreign nationalities work? Wouldn't it be quite risky to have non-Brandenburgers(heh) as Generals,Admirals,or dukes?
((you speak not in character between this (()), alse, It doens't matter if you are non brandenburgian or not, the only risk it a foreign religion))