Magicka Finally Fills its Spellbook: Final DLC Chapter Released

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Escher

Senior Community Manager
19 Badges
Oct 7, 2013
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
P1PPqgS.jpg

Magicka Finally Fills its Spellbook: Final DLC Chapter Released

Wizards of the Square Tablet Also Arrives on PC to Attend Wrap Party

NEW YORK — October 31, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and undisputed spelling champion, today released the very last piece of DLC for Magicka, the best-selling, fast-spelling, and loud-yelling action-misadventure. Since its release in 2011, wizards everywhere have had the chance to enjoy dozens of updates, side-quests, backstories, and a few bits of foreshadowing – but today’s release of “Dungeons & Gargoyles,” marks the final addition. Today, Paradox and the entire Magicka team are officially content with the downloads of their downloadable content.

Magicka: Dungeons & Gargolyes caps off the original Magicka tale by continuing and concluding the fan-favorite Dungeons & Daemons expansion. Player-wizards will find themselves stuck in the buried city of Old Aldrheim, searching for a way home while confronted by new creatures and foes, new jokes, and a new tale that explores the fate of the lost town. Paradox does not want to offer too many spoilers, but there’s probably gargoyles in it. Dungeons & Gargoyles is available now for $3.99.

See what happens when you combine dank dungeons and pesky gargoyles by viewing the spooky launch trailer:

[video=youtube;unO0RZDD9rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unO0RZDD9rg&hd=1&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=10748279&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9XD98YUMEtiEOJ5PtHDvqiJoqS3Y7bTyauvy_n88C7Pr7Rwwiw QT_IRDkni9lvkWS_RqWESorUsjCGq0E8X9cFL3wibkPxMoQVOC ngMJw8K3RVBOA&_hsmi=Optional.of%2810748279%29[/video]

The two-dimensional team from Wizards of the Square Tablet, a Magicka adventure released on iOS and Android early this year, have made their way to the PC in a new release on Steam. Players who purchase Wizards of the Square Tablet for the PC will receive all in-game robes and staves for free, and those items can be transferred to mobile platforms (if the mobile version is already owned) with the use of a Paradox account. The PC version is also cross-platform compatible, enabling the game to now support real-time co-op between PC, iPad, and Android. Wizards of the Square Tablet on PC will be available for $4.99.

In addition, the original Magicka and the assembled Magicka Collection will be on sale this weekend at 75% off at participating digital download sites.

It's a must get. It'll be hard switching from five elements to three and back and forth though.
You're gonna rob me blind. :) (I don't see how a lack of money could actually make you blind.)

Last edited:
Excellent!

I've never expected it, you made me happy with a new DLC ^^
... So it's the last one, eh? Well, it's sad in fact, but also we should be happy that this great game finally touches the "final level".
It would be really nice to see more DLCs in the future, but I see that won't happen, haha

Anyway, this is great news for people like me (who owns all previous DLCs), and also is a new challenge (because I have all the old achievements, and I promise I'll catch the new ones!!)

Thanks~

Glad to hear you appreciate the new episode =)

Even though we could probably go on forever with fun stuff, we can hopefully keep creating new ways to entertain you in the land of Midgård with Wizard Wars and experiments like the tablet game (which actually only allows up to four elements per spell to further add to the confusion ;)

- J

(which actually only allows up to four elements per spell to further add to the confusion ;)

- J
Well... I guess I will become really good at switching element numbers. :)

I now will have to get used to not having a S element either. Watch me heal my enemies in Wizard Wars absent mindedly. :)

NOOOooo its the final DLC!

If you would ask for my first impressions, they are: WTF am I doing?! AARGH why am I placing healing mines like in Wizard Wars and am I not healing with QWER walls. Why am I even using only 3 elements instead of 5? And whyyy am I even trying to melee with the RMB. :p
Fun stuff, I guess I got too used to M:WW controls already. ^^

Oh, btw. The "I brought a knife to a firefight" achievement does not seem to work. I finished the level carrying the Wurstmesser two times but the achievement didn't unlock sadly.

Anyhow, fun DLC to play although its a shame its the last one.

Your fellow fireball catcher,
Totalloss / Dikharz

I was wondering, I bought the DLC bundle for $26 on steam, and it didn't include this DLC. I feel that if you call something a "DLC Bundle" it includes all the DLC. But after almost a year of this dlc coming out, it still hasn't been added to the bundle. I don't know if this is just me, but I feel cheated that I just spent $26 on "all the DLC" just to realize it wasn't there. The question is, it has been almost a year, you still haven't added the last DLC to the bundle, why is that? It feels like false advertising making a DLC bundle with "all the DLC", without having the last DLC.

I was wondering, I bought the DLC bundle for $26 on steam, and it didn't include this DLC. I feel that if you call something a "DLC Bundle" it includes all the DLC. But after almost a year of this dlc coming out, it still hasn't been added to the bundle. I don't know if this is just me, but I feel cheated that I just spent $26 on "all the DLC" just to realize it wasn't there. The question is, it has been almost a year, you still haven't added the last DLC to the bundle, why is that? It feels like false advertising making a DLC bundle with "all the DLC", without having the last DLC.

The Magicka Collection on Steam includes the full game and all the DLC (except the really rare two). You should have done your research and bought that instead.

If you're feeling cheated, I recommend that you play the DLC with a friend who already owns the map, so you don't have to spend any extra cash. There are plenty of people on Steam who enjoy revisiting the game if you don't have any friends, and you can even still earn achievements while another person is hosting.