• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I too, am of Dixie descent as well and resent the comment of the (presumably) Texan Non-Texan. Please excuse him. :)

This is a great AAR by the way. But tell me, why Denmark?

It had islands and a single way in. If I moved my navy to block the zombies from Sweden, I would only have to worry about Holstein.

Turtle power! The same strategy used in the boardgame Risk: start from Australia...

I've always preferred turtle strategy (hunker down and build up then lash out). But the only time I've ever played ANYTHING as Denmark was... my first campaign in Medieval Total War, back in 2005 (the original!)

It is a good strategy, I did the same thing as Sardinia-Piedmont- pull all troops to Sardegna and just hold there. Worked beautifully, it's now densest populated region on earth (with all of 150k people)- having North Italian accepted is great for colonisation, and when you form Italy you get Southern Italian as well, giving you all of Italy for free (more or less).

So how did all the zombie hordes in Europe disappear? Did they get killed off by attrition?

They despawn when the territory they're in is given over to zombieland.

Also... I will create an Epilogue for this AAR, and then contemplate creating a new one.

This AAR is such a fun idea. I was thinking about writing a short (~5 chapter) AAR with this mod. I tried the mod out yesterday, but I get random crashes about every five years after 1855. It's super annoying. Did this happen to you?

When you start another, what country are you thinking about?

I wasn't sure if I'd do this again, or another paradox game. I won't do this specific mod again.

Reading from 2016. Damn this is a good AAR

Thanks for the praise. This AAR is an important one to me, as it is the only one I've embarked upon and completed, in a sense. Sure I didn't finish the game, but I certainly felt it was finished.