• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All the islands and European African colonies, along with Sokoto, will usually survive. But this time, Denmark will survive, too.

This AAR has inspired me to do my own Denmark Apocalypse.
I formed Scandinavia like, two years ago (it's 1846 or so), and me and Britain have become immigrant magnets. USA, Mexico, and Canada are all fully occupied, so it's just me and Britain. Sweden's population got WRECKED in the occupation, though, so it's a long rebuilding process..

That's cool! I'm not a very good player, and I just wanted to show off this mod. I'm hoping someday somebody will come back and redo this mod, with new features.

I mostly followed your steps, actually! Just a bit of a spin, you're doing fine. Looking forward to the next update.. Fighting off those invading zombies with doomstacks of like 80 just pouring into northern Sweden and Holstein is.. Awful..

I'm kinda busy right now. exams, you know... Just started high school so kinda rough.

Same here!

Update tomorrow if I can stop being addicted to Age of Empires II.

hi, im playing the apoylse mod and its 1840 but no zombies have spawned. would anyone know why? I manually typed event 99001 but still nothing

Last edited:
Did you turn the mod on in the launcher? And if you have HoD, you need to go to page 16 to get the HoD version. If you only have AHD, get the one on the first page.

This is beyond my limited technical capabilities, I'm sorry.

The period between 1843 and 1847 was the hardest part of the Apocalypse for Denmark.
cmHFT3L.png

By this point, most of Europe was overrun, save Denmark, Holstein, and southern Sweden.
ag6Ivkb.png

No other reason for this other than its funny.
qry17en.png

Finally the Danish army had left itself to guarding Kiel, to protect themselves from overexention.
25Ond6c.png

More welcome news from home, the Conservative party wins the elections.
lYLcAdV.png

Then, the worst. The entire army, along with civilians in Copenhagen and Osende, rebel in the name of Scandinavia. Danish militias were formed, and smashed the civilian rebels. Meanwhile the army rebels were eaten by the dead.
admBka8.png

We had no time to rest. The armies were directed south to hold the border forts.
HknGvmc.png

It was at this time the king recognized the services of the enslaved members of our population, so we freed them.
MPyNHRE.png

F6TuztQ.png

Also at this time of distress, we became the 6th great power, as much of the other candidates were eaten by zombies.
1BArAxx.png

We invested in possible cures for the plague, in order to save the people. The failed cures for zombieism later became cures for other deadly diseases.
4vkTrSp.png

shn1kei.png

In the north, a dangerous zombie army had assembled in Skane, but the Hanseatic League, supplied by our harbors, kept the enemy in Sweden.
TaE4Zea.png

The apocalypse had arrived in Denmark. The militias broke, and fled for their lives.
V7DlYAS.png

sm0TC8o.png

A hastily assembled militia moved to defend the strait, as the zombies moved into Aabenraa.
ZoupxvS.png

UyiQL64.png

Disaster after disaster piled on, and it was clear the mainland was lost.
THeQcei.png

We end this update with the status of our citizenship, which is quite demoralizing, as almost nobody gets anything, and those who do are starving for more of what they need, not what they want. It is a bleak day for Denmark, so can we survive?

Look on the bright side you can take as many loans as you want! No one has the power to enforce payment anymore.

That is a brilliant point. Take millions of pounds in loans, the countries will get overrun and you'll never have to pay the money back.

But the Jews... They would conspire to undo me! They're everywhere!