• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alxeu

Hunting werewolves.
100 Badges
Feb 11, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Darkest Hour
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
This is my first Victoria II AAR, and well, I'm nervous, and excited, but let's see how this goes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark is an old nation in 1836, with its glory days behind it. However, it still retains some of its old colonies.
5h3icAl.jpg

Our homeland, surronded by Sweden and Prussia, our 21,000 man army and our 10 ship navy are ill-equipped to defend our nation
jnLPqcX.jpg

Our beautiful colonies, and our alternate home should we lose Denmark to our enemies
Let's look at Danish politics, shall we? I decide to take the Reactionaries, who allow me to build my own factories.
iGvs8ee.jpg

Yes, I just now realized the Conservatives do the same.
Now our national focus and technology. I chose to encourage capitalists, who should build factories, which should attract craftsmen. Our technology is Experimental Railroad, because why not.
q7P7tqb.jpg

ZFJnLEn.jpg

Feel free to criticize my decisions, I haven't advanced yet, so tell me what I should research and/or focus on.
And now its time to unpause and see what happens...
hU9UbqB.jpg

... Oh god.

Well, that escalated quickly. Let's see how long Denmark can survive. I do know that it would be good if I build a machine parts factory because in my Haiti game, I couldn't build any factories because the zombies ate all the machine parts factories.

I'm not adjusting my economy until the deficit stabilizes. I want to know what I have.

Cholera outbreaks are a dime a dozen. Denmark will do fine. Have fun with the Prussians and/or Austrians though...

Cholera outbreaks are a dime a dozen. Denmark will do fine. Have fun with the Prussians and/or Austrians though...
Read that again... carefully.

Well, this is first time I hear of such mode. But anyway, good luck with playing as Denmark.

In an usual game, I would probably try to ally Prussia on day 1, than attack Sweden for their southernmost province and hope that the Norwegians will declare independence in the aftermath of Swedish defeat. At the same time research some prestige raising techs in order to become a GP, than sphere Norway and Sweden as soon as possible and create Scandinavia. I would then consider releasing Schleswig in order to let the NGF form and absorb it. This would give you a free CB on them, which should be used when the time is right, let's say when NGF will be at war with some other GP (which they surely will be). As this would make the NGF an arch enemy for the rest of the game, why not weaken them as much as possible, take one or two more coastal provinces from them (Pommern for instance) and/or free Poland. Alternatively if Russia, not the NGF, gets into trouble, take Finland or/and the Blatic states from them. And there is also the colonial foothold in Africa, which needs to be expanded as soon as possible.

I'm probably going to move my army to defend Kiel, and my navy to protect Copenhagen. I won't need to worry as much about prestige techs, as most of my GP rivals are going to get killed by the plague, hopefully.

Time for the next update, where we see the first signs of trouble, but even in darkness there is light.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we last left off, China was experiencing a strange plague.
3MnPOCD.jpg

China as a whole
Qk6hej9.jpg

The first outbreak...

Meanwhile, our economy stabilizes at this point, and yes Denmark's economy is the pits.
YjW0Mbo.jpg

This is painful to look at

In China, the army is failing to control the situation.
eHLrSZW.jpg

Small groups of infected people made it here, and then reanimated, causing another outbreak.
wcMkqZt.jpg

kim6ca4.jpg

The main outbreak. The Chinese army is heavily outnumbered for the first time in history.

Meanwhile, refugees begin arriving in Denmark. Local officials in Bornholm report several of the refugees becoming extremely violent.
UMgn4AV.jpg

DCAHZXG.jpg

Here it comes...

Several members of the government suggested that the king called a state of emergency and let the army take control. The king dismissed them, wishing to preserve his own power.
Rm476eg.jpg

China continues to devolve...
9d0bkh4.jpg

A complete failure if I've ever seen one.

Newspapers are bribed by the government to keep the news of a zombie pandemic out of the ears of the public.
0mjvHsv.jpg

Strangest flu I've ever seen...

Meanwhile, an army sent to Bornholm wipes out the infection there.
BzBq1Cu.jpg

A toast to our brave soldiers!

Their leader is given a hero's welcome, and it is clear he is much more promising than the average general.
a39ZP9K.jpg

Indeed, a newcomer to the world of leadership

British troops in India melt away, as Southern China descends into anarchy
YUivQQJ.jpg

0Y0QblV.jpg

So many zombies...

On November 26, 1836, Frederick VI, king of Denmark, announces to the public the existence of a zombie plague, and that the last zombie in Denmark was recently killed.
ReS71g2.jpg

The king experienced a surge of public approval after his speech

And that's the end of this Chapter, from the beginning of the end to the end of the beginning. Denmark is safe from Zombies, but for how long?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: From now on, I will leave fog of war off unless I am at war with someone else. This is to show you how large the hordes can get.

It might have been better to focus on philosophical tech at first. Denmark is in a good spot to get the discoveries early on thanks to its literacy and the prestige will often propel it into a GP quite fast - which will let you sphere Sweden to form Scandinavia.

It might have been better to focus on philosophical tech at first. Denmark is in a good spot to get the discoveries early on thanks to its literacy and the prestige will often propel it into a GP quite fast - which will let you sphere Sweden to form Scandinavia.
Don't worry, Experimental Trains is almost finished, and then I'll get philosophical. I usually don't play this game seriously, and I've never played Denmark.
EDIT: I guess technically I can switch to philosophical and have the research carry over, right?

good luck in this mod! i like the whole idea of zombie hordes storming from the east!

good luck in this mod! i like the whole idea of zombie hordes storming from the east!
Thanks! I'm hoping to update this week, as I don't have access to my good laptop right now.

Zombie outbreaks at some of the most populous nations on Earth at the very start. That never happened to me. It seems there are already at least 500,000 zombies already. Dis' is gonna be fun.

An earlier version of World War Z? NICE! So subbed! :)
Thanks! I hope to update sometime tomorrow, is that good? Big fan of your AAR, sad about end, though.

Thanks! I hope to update sometime tomorrow, is that good? Big fan of your AAR, sad about end, though.

Keep the updates to when you can update that is usually the best :)

And thanks, I though it was sad to :D