• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They didn't mention anything about new mechanics relating to the HRE, which was strongly implied in the artwork which seemed to depict the Walk to Canossa. I'm still hopeful that the HRE overhaul crowd will get something in the way of new content for the HRE, perhaps something that allows them to restore the Roman Empire or drift towards being less of a blob.

I just think it needs a general flavour and mechanics overhaul. It isn't your normal empire after all.

I hope you will be able to play as a monastic order (the military kind), it would be somewhat hard to do with the dynasty focus of CK2,
but I see a solution in this, if you do it like a republic house, where people can join, and then you control the leader of that "house"/order =)

If nothing else, then because I really want to try eradicating all sunni, shia and pagans as a holy order, and then convert to EU4 =D

They also said nothing about "must not marry infidel" modifier, one of most frustrating elements I've seen. And since SoA is related to religion no matter what, one would hope this getting fixed...

I'd like to know if heresies will be included in the ledger, now that they are getting stuff like religious heads. (I'd also like to be able to see the breakdown for MA for other religions as a ledger tooltip, but that is more a personal gripe.)

I'd really enjoy it if they reworked their keybindings. Using "g" for an overly and not group levies? Crazy. Plus the whole levy raising system needs to be reworked to be less of a click fest.

I'd really enjoy it if they reworked their keybindings. Using "g" for an overly and not group levies? Crazy. Plus the whole levy raising system needs to be reworked to be less of a click fest.

Embark All.

Some way to fix the annoyances of having 10 ships, and 1002 men.

I'd love to see attrition scale to crowding. Have your ships at 50% capacity? No attrition. 90+%? medium attrition. 101+%? high attrition.

Groogy did mention in one thread that the Cardinal system should be relatively moddable, and he discussed exactly how it worked in the code, but otherwise yeah the devs didn't not discuss moddability in general - not that surprising, though, as they usually don't talk about it until right before the release of the DLC (when they give patch notes).

Hm, I haven't seen that, do you have a link or thread name? Sounds intriguing.