I'm back. I'll update the thread after I play a few games of MWW.
Any of the popular ideas, such as arena, or other wanted things will have it's own section labeled as *Popular* at the very top for developers to read, thanks for contributing ideas and feedback! Also, major patch notes, live stream information, and other things will be posted here to keep you updated!
Confirmed items from the live stream below! ( November Live Stream - Will be updated when the next one comes out )
- Night Maps
- Llamas - Mooses - Unicorns - Dragons - Leprechaun Imps - Changeable Familiars -
- Different Game Modes - Juggernaut ( Maybe ) - 2v2 Arenas ( Next Gamemode ) - Randomized Mode -
- Ladder System
- Some degree of vertical movement on maps
- *Trademarked* Rolling boulder spell - Nullify Magicks - Teleport Magicks - Mirror Image - Polymorph - Crash to Desktop - Code Hagfish -
- Practice Mode / Arena
- Random Element
- Possible Spell Imbuing on weapons
- Gibberish - Announcement packs! Durka Durka!
- Ranked Matchmaking
- Rewards for people who participate in Alpha, and in Open Beta!
- Viking Robe
- Old skool mode (Maybe)
- 2 Handed weapons / Staves - Gleaming Gun
- Dungeon Map
- Merchandise, Yes! Needs feedback! Type of merchandise! Give feedback!
( These are all in the future )
Last stream was on: 12-3-13 recording can be found at: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/c/3342006
Patch Notes ( 12 - 17 - 13 )
First of all, everybody gets their magicks reset to Haste, Revive, Summon Death and Meteor Shower. Teleport, Stone Prison, Tactical Dragon Strike and Thunderstorm are available in the new "Magicks screen" and we've added 2 brand new Magicks: Natures Call and Mighty Hail! Check them out and let us know what you think!
This is how things work - to learn new Magicks you need to use Element Crystals. Think of them as the pure essence of a Magick Element, frozen in a crystalline form! We were inspired by how Magicks work in Magicka where a Meteor Shower required you to input FDFQDF. Now, you need the corresponding Crystals to unlock it permanently. The more powerful a Magick is, the more Crystals it requires.
You gain an Element Crystal every time you level up, in sequence QWERASDF. This is why new ranks and titles are available every 8 levels - you've mastered one layer of Magick and is ready to move on to the next. There's also a rare chance to get a random Crystal as a reward at end of round - this chance increases with time played so you will get a random Crystal by just playing long enough.
I hope you like it as much as we do, and I look forward to adding new and exciting Magicks for you to play with in the future!
Other nice things is that we've managed to reduce the required bandwidth - which should resolve a lot of issues for players with limited upstream capacity. Also, we've reduced the client size and split up the resources so that patches in the future will become smaller.
You'll notice a holiday themed Frontend and on our lovely little Imps and you should check out the Snowball weapon in the store. During the holidays we will also add more store content, even if we are on a well deserved Christmas break and aren't patching new features, there's still new stuff for you to enjoy every Tuesday!
Please note that there will be no stat wipe this week. Instead we post-poned that to the next year. Let future-you handle that one!
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Holiday themed imps!
Snow in the menu scene!
New fancy mesh for earth armor
Magick selection screen!
Allow healing imps (and hurting Death) with the Revive burst heal.
Lots of tweaks to the magick description texts.
New snowball weapon! Holiday times are giving times, so throw it at people and shove some Holiday spirit!
All projectile weapons now spawn their projectiles from the root of the character and ignore the animation state. This means the projectiles will behave more consistently.
Vendetta Dagger projectiles now deals earth damage instead of ice to be consistent with all other weapons.
Stop-movement functionality added, keybinding available in Settings Menu.
Self-cast when clicking on self with the right mouse button can now be toggled in the Settings Menu.
Increased leveling curve at higher levels.
Reduced upstream data. This should improve the bandwidth usage of the game.
Improved resource packaging structure to reduce patch size.
SPELLS & BALANCE
All mines and bombs now have diminishing returns(multiple hits from the same batch will not scale linearly). This means in general that a single mine deals more damage, but a whole cluster deals a bit less.
WED+WWE combo now deals 427HP (instead of old 395), SSE+SSS combo now deals 710dmg (instead of old 805).
NPC's & AI
AI now considers all mines to be obstacles.
AI now properly finds a new target if the current one dies.
Imp Scratch and Fall sounds implemented for login screen.
Some new menu button sounds.
Mines now activate when any character enters their radius (previously only players).
Changing password now actually results in the server responding.
Crashfix when entering just spaces as a chat message.
Damage numbers should now appear in the correct place when running windowed mode with black bars.
Fix for imps not getting knocked down.
Fixed some typos in the hover texts for player stats.
Music no longer stops if you exit a lobby back to the menu.
Password change now looks correct, no more disappearing email.
Reward screen doesn't crash on relative exp calculation when player has reached max level.
Tutorial fix for exponential "IMPlosions".
Validate magicks. No more entering games with non-owned magicks!
We only create the client key once, instead of every time we enter game state login. Fixes a rare client crash were the client had been disconnected from the login server at least 8 times.
Teleport Magick crash fix.
Fixed a physics related bug on the map, where attacks couldn't do damage in the area around the match start spawn points.
Various fixes for revive magick.
Fixes respawn position on the server.
Rusty knife special attack animation now reverts nicely to the idle animation.
Changed the description for the "Attackspeed" stat. It is NOT the amount of attacks per second, but rather how quickly an attack is performed.
The Flipper Robe now has the proper stats (+Water, -Cold).
Index for Feedback / Ideas
Stats / Social
Spells / Magicks
Gear ( Cosmetics, Staffs, Robes, Weapons, Imps )
UI ( Interface )
- Practice Arena / Mode
- Ability to requeue with current party
- Ladder System / Ranked Matches
- E - Sports - Competitive Play
- Juggernaut Gamemode
- Beards with progression!
- Ability to upgrade founder packs
- Ability to see ping
- Cancel current elements ( Possible, but people really don't know how or just don't )
- Random Events - Different for each map, forest trolls, ethreal spirits, etc. Something cool.
- No progression System? ( No level requirement to unlock anything, we'll have to see how things are unlocked though )
- Vocal Commands in game! Seen in games such as Smite, TF2, press V, 1 5 and it says Thanks! ( Something like that, that was an example. )
- Announcement packs, examples from DOTA 2, Kill streak announcement, double kills, triple, etc, - Voiced by Vlad! ( By default, packs can be purchased to change it later on? )
( Only the most wanted ideas of the community go up here, in no order at all - these are from the top of my head, will be updated!)
- Ability to select your spawn point
- Ability to imbue your weapon with elements
- A jungle type map, lots of path variants, and some hostile AI spiders
- An arena type of map, of course with a pit in the middle
- Vlad's Castle
- More interactive environment
- Vertical Variance within maps
- Maps with fall off zones - push someone off the map, they die.
Stats / Social
- Leader boards / Imp leader boards
- Main menu chat / Post game chat
- Noise when someone joins the party / game lobby, heard even if alt tabbed out of game
- Clans / Guilds
- Host a match / LAN games / Ranked
- Ladder system
- E - Sports
- Report option after game - Team killing, Bad Language, etc.
- Log out button
Magicks / Spells
- Mirror Image (2) - good old typical spell. Copies cast illusionary spells that don't deal damage and have little Hp.
- Invisibility (1) - a simple stealth mode which ends when you hit someone / try to capture a point, touching another player or taking damage would also disrupt it.
- Wild Scent (1) - all monsters ignore you for a certain duration, ends when you damage a monster.
- Fiery Cloak (1) - an aura that sets everything touched/attacked in melee on fire. Can be put out with a lot of water, doesn't last too long.
- Foresight (1) - the whole map is revealed for you for a couple of seconds.
- Counter-spell (1) - the next spell you're hit with bounces back and damages the owner for twice the damage.
- Decompose (2) - whenever somebody dies within your radius, you get healed for 1/X of the creature`s maximum Hp. Life magic used on you reduces the duration.
- Berserk (2) - doubles your melee attack speed and gives a small movement speed boost for a while.
- Toxic Cloud (2) - just like the meteor shower it can be placed somewhere, slows and applies DOT to whoever goes through it.
- Phoenix (3) - resurrect a player and deal huge aoe fire damage around the target as its being picked up.
- Blade Flurry (3) - surround yourself with a bunch of spinning blades, they provide no protection but deal significant damage to everything around you.
- Permafrost (2) - summon an ice cloud that will follow an enemy (just like the reaper) and freeze him upon touching. Highest level of freeze.
- Moving Sands (3) - summon a pool of sand that will deal constant damage to anyone standing still on it.
- Chillstep (2) - teleport to your cursor`s location (limited range, similar to the reaper) and cause an icy explosion at the target`s location.
- Glass Shield (3) - a shield of glass appears in front of you and follows you around, reflecting beams and augmenting your ones. Can be destroyed with stones.
- Oil Spill (2) - summon a pool of oil that makes everyone walking over it slip and is extremely flammable. When targeted with fire it becomes a huge flame wall.
- Shackle Spree (3) - connect all nearby enemy players to you with a red laser like line. If it breaks (when a player goes too far) the enemy that was connected recieves ridiculous damage.
- Battleblaze (3) - all melee attacks inflict additional damage + fiery cloak + all magic damage taken is reduced. All magic damage inflicted is reduced. Wears off after not inflicing damage for a long time.
- Bleedout (2) - all your physical attacks (melee/rocks/spikes) cause bleeding - damage over time, small slow and the target leaves a blood trail making it easy to chase. Short duration.
- Conversion Aura (1) - for a while all enemy attacks do the exact opposite to you, for example fire makes you wet, arcane heals etc. Your shields behave normally.
- Despair (3) - two circles surround you for the duration of the magicka. Anyone inside the one close to you takes constant damage and anyone inside the 2nd one takes constant damage as long as he is not close to an ally.
- Arcane Supremacy (4) - temporary aura, anyone inside it other than you cannot use 4 magics chosen at random. All their magic damage is reduced.
- Zombify (1) - ressurect an imp or cast on an existing one, the target recieves a huge stat boost and can be healed with arcane/takes damage from life.
- Antimagic (2) - create a zone that nulifies all magic cast inside it / out of it, disrupts all magicks inside it.
- Polymorph (2) - transform someone into an immobile 2d sheep for a very short duration of time.
- Hidden Demons (4) - gain an enchatment that turns you into a killing machine for a short duration of time when you die.
- Soulbreaker (3) - recieve a melee weapon that can only be used once. It instantly kills anything it hits.
- Peek into the Future (2) - open a portal and gain a machine gun (or some other modern weapon) for a couple of seconds.
- Innocence (1) - for a short duration of time you cannot deal any damage but cannot be dealt any damage either.
- Mystical Maestro (4) - you keep your spellcasting skills yet you cast random damaging spells in all directions constantly. A very short duration.
- Showdown (1) - a magicka with a showdown duration, the next kill you get gives you twice as much magicka and refunds showdown as well as giving you an applause.
- Cannon Fodder (2) - the nearest freindly imp recieves a buff that will cause him to explode dealing heavy aoe damage when killed.
- Gills (2) - next water spell applies a curse meaning that the target cannot breath with air anymore. Only being wet prevents him from taking constant damage. Wears off after a long time.
- Ultimate Darkness (4) - when you move you spread fog of war for all enemies that only goes away when walked into, all your damaging spells deal extra damage and you gain some lifesteal. Short duration.
- Firebreathing (2) - on top of other spells, you constantly spray fire. Fire element is disabled for the duration of this magicka, medium duration.
- God among Mortals (4) - for a very brief duration of time youre the only player capable of using magic. Medium range.
- Brave New World (4) - everyone on your team gains a random futuristc weapon as well as a forcefield that reduces all damage for a short duration for time.
- Ghostly Servants (2) - for a medium duration of time all imps that die close to you are reborn as ghosts who both cannot be damage and dont deal damage. They apply frost instead and enough fire makes them disappear.
- When the Leaves turn Red (4) - all your spells apply bleeding, you gain huge lifesteal and increased movement speed while walking in blood for a short duration. Just like Vlad, youre not a vampire.
- Crystalize (1) - all frost you apply is much stronger for the duration of the magicka. Wears off after taking too much fire damage/using too much ice.
- Winter is Coming (3) - gain perfect immunity to all ice magic as well as an aura that freezes and deals constant damage to anyone entering it. Wears off after taking too much fire damage.
- Rally (3) - all allies (including you) within a certain radius recieve a slightly longer lasting haste that also give a little bit of damage reduction.
- Exterminate (3) - summon a golem that will chase and try to kill the closest enemy its spawned next to. It has reasonable magic resistance and doesnt have a time limit.
- Holy Grounds (2) - create a small zone that grants health regeneration to anyone inside it. Long duration, can be destroyed with arcane.
- Random Element
- New Elements, switch out on element bar with other elements
- Spellrush - all players deal 1/2 damage, checkpoints, traps (like explosive barrels), neutral imps, 5 players and only one trophy at the end.
- Assault - two teams of 4, one Magicka themed village in the middle with good old guards. Starts with some buildings broken/on fire, with the `Construction Meter` at 50%. 15 Minutes time limit, but if one team will get the meter to 100% (all repaired) or 0% (all destroyed) the game ends. Fire/Lighting/Charged rocksand generally harmful spells destroy buildings, water puts fires out, uncharged rocks rebuild etc.
- Assassination - remember the king from the original Magicka? Both teams have one as well as some guards/force fields to defend him. 4 players, unlimited ticket If the time runs out the team with more player kills wins (after all players are dead), otherwise the game ends once you kill the enemy king.
- Showdown - X players (even number), no teams and a big map with a lot of crazy rooms. Each room has a winner/ two loser doors (if the time runs out) and at the beginning of every round there are 2 people in a room. Rooms could be totally crazy with spikes and flamethrowers or as cozy as the grandmother`s dining room. As soon as a round starts the two players have to duel and whoever wins gets to use the winner door, getting closer to the final trophy room. Loser door lads to way around making it much longer. Somewhat similar to layers in the old fantasy board game whose name i cant remember.
- Relic Hunt - two teams of 4, both teams have a temple of some sort. 5 Relics are hidden somewhere in the dangerous jungle (monsters like treants etc) and whoever gets 3 relics back 1st wins. Moving with a relic is much slower, they can be stolen from other players but not from the temples.
- Steal the Sheep - two teams of 4 as usual, football themed playing field and a golden sheep in the middle (golden fleece myth reference, could be greek themed) with infinite hp. The sheep can be pushed around with things like water and will follow the last player that touched it. Whenever it enters your `goal` you get a point.
- All random, all mid: One lane, 2 spawn points on each side. Instead of queueing up your own elements, they're randomly chosen for you and you have to make the most out of whatever you get.
- Capture the Flag
- Wizard Football ( Soccer )
- King of the Hill game mode. 4 players vie for control of a central location in a free for all battle. Or two teams of 4 vie for control of 4 different locations, etc.
- Hold The Crystal game mode. 4-8 players spawn on the outside corners of the map rush to pick up the Crystal (Or whatever) in the center. The player holding the crystal is buffed up a little bit to make them harder to kill. When they die it drops and someone else can pick it up. Whoever holds it for the longest time after the countdown timer runs out is the winner.
- Free For All game mode
- Wizard Dueling - Gamemode - 3 v 3 - Wizards from each side are randomly selected to duel, other wizards watch from the side lines, each kill subtracts a point from the other teams health pool.
- Team Deathmatch - Use the default map now, Both starting spawn points are locked from capture, Ticket count raised to 200-300, middle can be captured, and when captured it doubles the ticket points deducted when killed against the team not controlling it.
- Beekeeper`s Robe - when you walk you spread honey behind you which slows everyone walking in it, -speed
- Meteomancer`s Robe - an umbrella hat and a raincoat; +lighting, + water, - fire, - earth
- Vampire`s Vest - adds a tiny bit of lifesteal, -life
- Banshee`s Rags - ++ arcane, --life, life and arcane have the opposite effects on you
- Gold Digger`s Outfit - + earth, enemy kills give extra magicka, --speed
- Headhunter`s Set - primal leather armor; + health, + damage vs monsters, -- arcane
- Toymaker`s Robe - all your mines are stronger, but all sprey spells are weaker
- Archmage`s Garb - all your elements are slightly improved, -- health
- Maestro`s Attire - as long as you dont repeat the same element twice within 3 elements you keep getting stacks that increase your magic power, when you do you get stacks that decrease it. (only for damaging spells)
- Elemental`s Crystal Cloak - all your outgoing lasers are stronger but all lasers hitting you are stronger as well.
- Plaguebearer`s Rags - you constantly take small poison damage, but your melee attacks inflict the same, slightly stronger status with a long duration
- Mime`s Robes - all your damage is increased as long as the target used the element being hit with within last X seconds, otherwise its all reduced
- Engineer`s Outfit - all enemies you kill are respawned as tiny clockwork minions, + lightning, -- speed, - stone
- Gladiator`s Robe - ++ stone, - health, enemies killed respawn faster
- Guardian`s Armor - +++ shield, - speed, as long as your target is under 25% health you deal 90% less damage
- Anachist`s Vest - all your damage is increased but all the damage you take is increased as well, + fire, - water
- Green Leaf Staff - ++ life, -- arcane, life is a spray instead of a laser
- Snowman Staff - ++ frost, --- fire, frost + stone is changed into a snowball with a far stronger knockback
- Cane of Crows - +++ arcane, - fire, - life, - stone, - shield, targets hit are followed by a crow for X seconds and are revealed on your map
- Tiki Wand - + fire, - shield, - water, when youre on fire you gain additional speed
- Lightkeeper`s Staff - + life, + fire, - arcane, - frost, - shield, you gain additional sight range
- Rod of Lightning - ++ lightning, --- stone, you lightning spells gain additional range
- Staff of Patience - you initial attacks against a target deal reduced damage, but after a couple of attacks your damage against that taget increases above base value
- Cyborg`s Walking Stick - + arcane, + lightning, - stone, all missile attacks deal less damage
- Staff of Brotherhood - as long as youre close to an allied wizard you recieve less damage and deal more, the opposite when youre not
- Brute`s Staff - all your damage is increased but your shields and healing is weaker
- Staff of Storms - + lighting, + water, -- fire, - frost, your clouds last longer
- Reaper`s Scythe - 360/1.0, if you kill a wizard with it drain some magicka from the target
- Sausage on a Stick (I just had to put it here ^^ ) - 120/0.80, commands nearby imps making them hit the target
- Serrated Blade - 160/0.60, causes bleeding
- Sword of Aether - 120/0.40, ignores earth armor and can be countered with arcane armor
- Butcher`s Knife - 180/0.70, + arcane
- Pirate`s Cutlass - 140/0.60, sprays water (water x 1) when used
- Paintbrush of Chaos - 160/0.50, every time you swing it the weapon changes its element (and applies the status linked to it)
- Hammer of Wrath - 220/0.60, up to +1% extra damage for every 1% missing under 50%, negative for every % over 50%.
- Mirror Shield - 140/0.50, can deflect lasers by hitting them
- Ring of Friendly Fire: You do 50% less damage to teammates
- Ring of Unfriendly Fire: You take 30% less damage from teammates (These two rings directly deal with the griefing problem of teammates killing their own teammates)
- Ring of the Imp killer: You do 30% more damage to imps (enemy and friendly)
- Ring of Imp Protection: Imps deal 50% less damage to you
- Ring of Fiery Rage: While you are on fire, your melee attacks are 50% faster
- Ring of the Slippery Devil: While you are wet, you move 10% faster
- Ring of Support: You heal teammates faster, but heal yourself slower (This one encourages teamwork)
- Ring of Capture: You capture control points 10% faster
- Ring of Respawn: You respawn 10% faster
- Ring of the Super Meter: You build up your Magick Meter 10% quicker
- Ring of the Glass Cannon: You do 10% more damage when you are below half health
- Ring of the Glass Healer: Your healing is based on how much health you have. At 100% health, you heal 50% better, at 50% health, you heal normally, and below 50% health, you are worse at healing
- Ring of Heated Blanket: You thaw from being frozen 10% quicker
- Ring of the Dry Towel: You dry off from being wet 10% quicker
- Ring of the Extinguisher: You are extinguished from burning 10% quicker
- Ring of the Lazer: Your death and life beams last 10 % longer
- Ring of the Charge: Your earth and ice ranged attacks charge 10% quicker (For the bottom 5 rings, I realize that increasing your elemental affinities already do this. However, these rings are meant to stack on top of your affinities and be used together to make powerful combos)
- Different Familiars
- Different types of imps
- Stronger Guardian Imps
- Imps move out of the way of wizard spells
UI ( Interface )
- HUD should be able to be scaled
- Main menu could look a little sharper
- Should be able to change region after login screen
- Ability to toggle gore on / off
- Language Selection
- Ability to ping the map, like league or dota2
- Shade areas of minimap that aren't visible
- See dead friendly wizards on minimap
- Different Menu Themes
- Reconnect after disconnect
- I feel like the goblin in the login screen is a little low res, if there was a graphic update mainly to around his eyes or something, that'd be sweet. Also, he's annoying as hell.
- Gamepad support (Xbox 360, that kinda stuff)
- Minigames while waiting for matches to start
- Ability to rebind keys to key combos, such as melee is shift + click, stuff like that.
- Possible VOIP for team only?
- Ability to /taunt /dance /joke, stuff like that.
- Patch notes list in game menu or at login screen.