• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CK is straying far too far from its base....apart from PC pandering what role exactly did Jews play in the middle ages? Scapegoats for Christian rulers? They have no role here. I'd like the actual game to be improved. Like making the muslims WAY harder to defeat in the crusades rather than conquering all of africa for christian rulers very easily.

CK is straying far too far from its base....apart from PC pandering what role exactly did Jews play in the middle ages? Scapegoats for Christian rulers? They have no role here. I'd like the actual game to be improved. Like making the muslims WAY harder to defeat in the crusades rather than conquering all of africa for christian rulers very easily.

That's exactly what this DLC is about... jews are but a minor feature of this DLC, which is all about improving the core game.

Please see the previous 25 pages of fruitless arguing over the same point. Absorb what others said in support and against your viewpoint, then disregard the ones you don't agree with and walk away satisfied, happy, and victorious. "Someone is wrong on the internet! To the Bat-Keyboard!"

Also, please read the post from the moderator banning any references to PC, anti-semitism, etc.

Of course, I just referenced them myself. As a self-described hemi-semi-demi-moderator, I'm imposing a 2-hour ban on myself from posting in this thread.

Godspeed, Superman.

The only argument you've given to support the idea that Abraham is seen as having founded monotheism is (...) is bizarre and ridiculous, because not only was no such thing commanded according to the texts, but no such thing was done.

But I am not in the business of arguing that Abraham must be seen as the founder of monotheism. Rather, I made a much more modest statement: namely that – contrary to what you have stated – believers in the Bible need not commit to the view that monotheism “has always existed”. In other words, I don't agree that the Bible entails that monotheistic belief must have persisted continuously from Adam to the present day. I will not add anything more on this matter, but rather refer you to this this post of MiltonS, with which I am in broad agreement.

Regarding the covenant : I readily concede that that my statement that Abraham was “commanded” by God is not to be found in the literal text. Strictly speaking, the Abrahamic covenant was of the “unconditional” sort, e.g. nothing was required of Abraham. However, I do not see how this detracts from my main point or makes it look “bizarre” and “ridiculous”.

Last edited:
OMG I'm so excited to play as a Jewish character! Having never really had a desire to do so in the past its suddenly become an all consuming obsession to try to establish a Jewish Pecheneg state :p.

Zoroastrians do not use any Muslim events.