+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham" ?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaywebbs View Post
    Where exactly did you see this, I'm trying to find it for myself but I can't...
    Quote Originally Posted by sreckom92 View Post
    If this is made-up......You sir are a very bad person
    very, very bad person
    http://steamdb.info/app/203770/#section_depots

Scroll to the botton, app ID 226667

Never mind, Found it myself, OP was not lying

Also, there's a 'Crusader Kings 2: Polish' on there... Maybe a new unit pack/face pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskin38 View Post

Scroll to the botton, app ID 226667
    Crusader Kings 2 Polish?
    What's that?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Blog Entries
    There is also an unsed 'Songs of Arabia' DLC listed there.

Blog Entries

Also, there's a 'Crusader Kings 2: Polish' on there... Maybe a new unit pack/face pack?
    Sounds like it just a Polish version of the game. None of the other DLC have "Crusader Kings II" in front of their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskin38 View Post
    Sounds like it just a Polish version of the game. None of the other DLC have "Crusader Kings II" in front of their names.
    Yeah, and it's not "unused".

Going to Scarborough Fair cybrxkhan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Sons of Abraham is an intersting title, and while it could really be anything for any of the Abrahamic religions, in my opinion it does suggest something leaning towards Judaism, though I'm not 100% sure. I would think that if there were a solely Catholic/Papcy/Cardinal/Holy Order/etc. focused DLC it would have a title more... Christian-centric, but "Sons of Abraham" seems to indicate something not as much. This doesn't mean there will be Jews, but it perhaps could mean a revamp of the Crusades/Jihads, for instance, or holy wars, or anything religion-related, really. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kljunas View Post
    Keep in mind that this is maybe not the final title. TOG was called "Wrath of Odin" when it first showed up there.
    The Wrath of Odin was discovered to be a hoax, actually - the devs themselves confirmed they had nothing to do with it.

Western Slavic face pack?
    My CKII Mods:
    Vanilla Immersion, Events, and Traits (VIET) - A modular roleplaying, flavor, and tweak mod! Part of the Historical Immersion Project (HIP) consisting of PB, SWMH, ARKO, and NBRT+
    Cultures and Portraits Revamp (CPR) New portrait sets and other portrait enhacements - no more Arab portraits everywhere! Now a part of HIP.
    VIET Music - Hundreds of songs to enhance immersion, ranging from authentic medieval music to traditional Persian music and West African ballads!
    Old Age - old characters are weaker and less capable: no more 80 year old kings running around like they were 20!
    Jews Everywhere (JEW) - New Jewish cultures and courtiers, ranging from the Mizrahi to Chinese Jews.

Yeah, and it's not "unused".
    The number is also lower then the ones around it for some reason...

Too bad that even if this is the case we will not get a confirmation until the end of October or mid-November.

The number is also lower then the ones around it for some reason...
    And I don't see Crusader Kings 2 French, Crusader Kings 2 Spanish.......

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I don't know what my brain wants to think. It feels really weird.

IIRC French and Spanish are included in the regular version...

IIRC French and Spanish are included in the regular version...
    nevermind then.....
    maybe it's about polishing the game?
    hope not

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Because they are in the base game. Polish use letters that can't be used with the current system. So they need a own version for this I think.

Really? It sounds Catholic? It sounds like Muslim, Jewish and Christian (Not just catholic). Cause ya know... All three Religions are considered 'Abrahamic' due to their shared heritage from Abraham
    The only major religion not fleshed out is Catholicism. Though orthodoxy needs more flavor events also imho.
    It'd be a bit odd if this was Jewish. After all, Catholicism IS NOT FLESHED OUT.
    Jews can be next.

Quote Originally Posted by HissimTheGreat View Post
    The only major religion not fleshed out is Catholicism. Though orthodoxy needs more flavor events also imho.
    It'd be a bit odd if this was Jewish. After all, Catholicism IS NOT FLESHED OUT.
    Jews can be next.
    Impeccable Logic you have there, I want a Catholicism DLC so it's going to be a Catholic DLC.

Also, It's not that odd if you consider the literally thousands of topics asking for the Jewish religion to be implemented. But As I previously said, I don't think it's going to be any religion exclusively. I think it's going to be updates to Islam Christianity and the implementation of Judaism.

Crusader Kings IIMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    EUIV: Art of War

If it's indeed called "Sons of Abraham" I don't think it would be focused only on Catholicism. I'd expect at least Judaism as a side feature.

Maybe it's a DLC about apocalypse.
    All three "sons" of Abraham join the battle at Har Megido
    New characters added: Archangels, Horsemen of The Apocalypse, Satan, God...et cetera

Impeccable Logic you have there, I want a Catholicism DLC so it's going to be a Catholic DLC.

Also, It's not that odd if you consider the literally thousands of topics asking for the Jewish religion to be implemented. But As I previously said, I don't think it's going to be any religion exclusively. I think it's going to be updates to Islam Christianity and the implementation of Judaism.
    Oh. Oh. Oh. I see. Let me quote you there, excuse my french: "I want a Catholicism DLC so it's going to be a Catholic DLC.
    ...I want it. True. But so does another 350.000 people. Catholic would seem more ... Logical, I guess. Jews are a much smaller religion, though I'd love for them to be fleshed out. Just later.

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GlorySword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

A Judaism DOC seems a bit odd. Is there really enough material to justify a DLC for this time period? Also during this period (9-15th centuries) Judaism was really diverse - Khazar kingdom level tribe tribe, maybe an Ethiopian county, money lenders and merchants in Germany and NW Europe, courtiers in Muslim Spain, some urban communities lacking any real political power throughout the Middle East, etc. It would just be a huge hodgepodge of mechanics to try to cover these, only one or two would hardly justify a DLC. Many of these really would make more sense as part of other DLC mechanisms (such as perhaps Jewish merchants and money lenders as a small part of an economics overhaul with borrowing and Catholic anti-usury laws, etc. and maybe introducing royal expropriations and banishments of wealthy groups like Jews or Templars.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast