• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What would the Jews add to the game, to be honest.

Radhanites, tolerance/intolerance mechanics (specially important for Iberia), special courtiers, more depending on how far PDS would like to go. You can definitely make a LoR-sized dlc just with jews. For something bigger, packing it with a catholic/religious overall or an iberian themed dlc would be better (there's no place where the "sons of abraham" were so interconnected than middle-ages Iberia).

Radhanites, tolerance/intolerance mechanics (specially important for Iberia), special courtiers, more depending on how far PDS would like to go. You can definitely make a LoR-sized dlc just with jews. For something bigger, packing it with a catholic/religious overall or an iberian themed dlc would be better (there's no place where the "sons of abraham" were so interconnected than middle-ages Iberia).

It'd be my dream to have an Iberian-themed DLC. So many interesting things happening between different cultures and religions, some good and some bad.

Plus the Alhambra is a very pretty building.

An expanded map DLC, to include Africa and Asia. Now, that's something I'd love to see. Maybe CK3

An expanded map DLC, to include Africa and Asia. Now, that's something I'd love to see. Maybe CK3
Honestly, seeing some adventurer's offspring who's gone native in Persia inherit part of Wales is weird enough, without such shenanigans involving the Congo or Assam....

And I don't get why people want to see Radhanites ingame—there was no Radhanite state, no Radhanite armies, they didn't even (as far as we know) influence politics by bankrolling rulers. They were just traders (who happened to be Jews, which like the Khazars meant they were "neutral" between Christians and Muslims). They belong in a trading simulation, not a game of dynastic politics.

Last edited:
It'd be my dream to have an Iberian-themed DLC. So many interesting things happening between different cultures and religions, some good and some bad.

Plus the Alhambra is a very pretty building.

Id say its coming sooner or latter. Its preety clear the Reconquista needs abit of a rework to make less like "Byzantine Frontier Warfare: West Edition" and more like the tug of war and cultural mess it historically was.

On the other hand I think they need to work on some other aspects of the game before they tackle that. Namely holy orders and a different kind of adventurers (that help an existant king at war, in expectation of a title afterwards, which is exactly how the portuguese branch kf the de Bourgogne family was born), so I wouldnt want them to rush into it and do an half-assed job, kinda like LoR.

No one said that this (possible) DLC/Expansion is about a religion that has Abraham as it's "primary prophet". Abraham is prophet in all three religions.
Like I said, Sons of Abraham can be a good reference to three Abrahamic religions.

All Jewish prophets/prominent religious figures are important in all 3 religions. There is nothing special about Abraham that makes him more of a common figure than say Moses or king David.

Although all the Jewish prophets are also Christian and Muslim prophets, Abraham is regarded as the founder of monotheism, so he is special to all three religions (while some of the others are also of particular significance to the Jews for other reasons, like Moses).

All Jewish prophets/prominent religious figures are important in all 3 religions. There is nothing special about Abraham that makes him more of a common figure than say Moses or king David.

True, but titles are supposed to be lowest-common denominator and give the average joe a correct idea of what the product is about. Regardless of it being a misconception, simplification or what have you, Abraham is usually associated with judaism more so than christanity or islam ence if you have a title of "Sons Of Abraham" that has nothing to do with jews, you'll confuse people, which is exactly what a title shoudnt do.

And I don't get why people want to see Radhanites ingame—there was no Radhanite state, no Radhanite armies, they didn't even (as far as we know) influence politics by bankrolling rulers. They were just traders (who happened to be Jews, which like the Khazars meant they were "neutral" between Christians and Muslims). They belong in a trading simulation, not a game of dynastic politics.

Go read the first dev diary for "The Republic" and watch how the community liked the "no land trade" announcement. Radhanite mechanics would plug that hole without having to do another dlc called "The Other Republic".

True, but titles are supposed to be lowest-common denominator and give the average joe a correct idea of what the product is about. Regardless of it being a misconception, simplification or what have you, Abraham is usually associated with judaism more so than christanity or islam ence if you have a title of "Sons Of Abraham" that has nothing to do with jews, you'll confuse people, which is exactly what a title shoudnt do.

Come on guys main focus is going to be about Jews we all know this.

Although all the Jewish prophets are also Christian and Muslim prophets, Abraham is regarded as the founder of monotheism, so he is special to all three religions (while some of the others are also of particular significance to the Jews for other reasons, like Moses).

I'd say, if you are Jewish, Christian, or Muslim you should believe that monotheism has always existed.

I'd say, if you are Jewish, Christian, or Muslim you should believe that monotheism has always existed.
My word choice was poor, but IIRC Abraham is the first to be described as Muslim and not just monotheist in the Quran (which is AFAIK taken to mean he separated Islam from Judaism), while for the Jews he was the first to receive the Covenant and for the Christians...ok, maybe he's less important for them.

My word choice was poor, but IIRC Abraham is the first to be described as Muslim and not just monotheist in the Quran, while for the Jews he was the first to receive the Covenant and for the Christians...ok, maybe he's less important for them.

Ok, I agree that he is more of a common figure between Jews and Muslims than other Jewish figures. (Mostly because of the idea Muhammed invented of Ishmael being the original ancestor of the Arabs.)

My word choice was poor, but IIRC Abraham is the first to be described as Muslim and not just monotheist in the Quran (which is AFAIK taken to mean he separated Islam from Judaism), while for the Jews he was the first to receive the Covenant and for the Christians...ok, maybe he's less important for them.

Muslim (roughly) one who is submissive to the will of god, in the same way that islam is the concept of submission to the will of god.

Hence Abraham could be both a muslim and a jew (in the religious sense).

Is it significant that Songs of Arabia was not taken down, but Sons of Abraham was replaced?

Are they trying to throw us off the scent, or was it just trolling?

Maybe Songs of Arabia isn't true either... just left as something to further troll us.

Damn it, Paradox. As of recently it's impossible to tell whether what you say is true!

Is it significant that Songs of Arabia was not taken down, but Sons of Abraham was replaced?

Are they trying to throw us off the scent, or was it just trolling?

The Songs DLCs are just what music Andreas Waldetoft has written, some of which relate to DLCs but others don't.

Would they announce this in November?

Probably late October or early November, depending on how many dev diaries. Big DLCs tend to have anywhere between 3 to 7 diaries, and if I remember correctly the devs said they're planning for release of a new major DLC - which I presume Sons of Abraham to be - around November. So if we think about that logically the earlier it could be is theoretically now and the latest would be late November, so a middle date and the likely one I think would be around late October or early November.