• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(43652)

Governor of Indiana
Apr 27, 2005
I have IC, 1.02, installed over Armageddon 1.2. I'm playing as the U.S., from a start in 1933, and it's now 1940. I've recently arranged things to where I could declare war on the Axis for 0 dissent, so I did so, and have begun sending forth naval units into the Atlantic.

However, every unit is experiencing organization losses; -0.72 per day! Now, hardly any naval doctrine has been researched, so their maximum organization limit isn't very high- about 45. And so, after being at sea for two weeks, they're in a dire situation and must return to port; by the time they're back in port, their organization is almost totally shot.
These are fleets which are commanded by the appropriate leaders for the fleet size; for example 6-units commanded by a rear admiral. The ratio of capital to screen in such a 6-unit fleet is 3-to-3.

What is going on? I had last played Iron Cross over Armageddon in 2011, and had plenty of naval action back then, but I don't recall having experienced any of these bizarre naval organization losses. I mean, with this kind of organization loss happening, a fleet could be out of port for a mere 20 days; a screening destroyer unit could encounter a rag-tag pirate fisherman; and the leader would command the fleet to flee--- because the crews would be too "disorganized" and so, I guess, get confused, panic, and sail away. This isn't going to work.

Now, I don't know is someone decided to put in this organization disintegration for some sort of "enforced historicity" BS. But I'd very much like to rectify it. Is there merely a doctrine or other tech I might be lacking? Or a naval event I need, which hasn't occurred yet? (As the US, I know that my land units couldn't get to 100% strength until after some events fired- but those have all done so.)

If it's not a matter of waiting for an event or researching something, then is there something I can edit to get rid of the strange rapid naval organization loss?

Thanks!

OK, I've discovered that in applying the 1.02 patch, with it's benefit of mouse-wheel zooming, beach icons always visible, and so forth, I've also now been afflicted with "Naval units -> outside the port: loss organization each day". But .72 per day? I'd like to decline, or edit, that particular "benefit".

I suppose that if a fleet or a single naval unit is- for example- simply floating in the water, they might lose some organization; but on a level of -0.07 per day, not -0.7. They will become disorganized readily enough once they battle worthy opponents. If they are just floating there eating ice cream and steaks, they should have barely any disorganization at all or just be organization-neutral, neither gaining nor losing. I can accept that naval units would only see their org increase while they are in port. But the major organization loss which is occurring during non-battle naval activity at sea is flawed.

I now know that this naval disorganization issue was imposed on me by the patch, and isn't related to any of my in-game choices. Nevertheless I would prefer to keep patch 1.02. So, is there a way that I can edit this naval organization setting in any of the game files?

Or I could always play a great naval power which won't be bothering to use its clueless & floundering navy in this particular game... :rolleyes:

Are you in the Allies? You 'd better use some of the allied ports.
I think this org loss is realistic - Naval vessels should stay on port for a while and not be constantly patrolling around. This gives a chance for the u-boats to still be around in the Atlantic till late in the war, as they were IRL.
Have patience and discover some more doctrines and the game will reward you.
Unless if you want to speed - beat the Axis in 1942.