• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emmanuel_M

First Lieutenant
47 Badges
Apr 7, 2010
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
* When you get a movement trait (either carefull planner or fast marcher) does it apply only to the CIC (therefore being useless for flank commanders) or does it apply to the army whatever commander's position ?

* What's the point of cavalry in combat appart from enabling various tactics ? Does a mixed army get benefits appart from the sum of its bombard/attack/pursuit scores ?

* Am I the only player thinking that stripping your army with neither cavalry nor light infantry will spare you from getting useless traits ?

* On the other hand is there a cost to having traits (like additional traits requiring more "experience points") ? Say if Napoleon gets "Skirmisher I", does it have an impact on his ability/expected time to get entrencher ?

* All things considered, is harsh disciplianrian a good thing or a "black luck" you hope to avoid ?

Sorry, may I try a shameless bump ?

With some other questions.

* Are unit stats (attack, defense, ...) per soldier or per brigade
* Is it good or bad to have more men in a unit (which heavily depends on previous question) ?
* Is Autrian infantry having more attack than Austrian guard working as intended ?
* Is Austrian 1000 men artillery briagde strictly superior or strictly inferior to the 1200 men one ?
* When fighting, is artillery the main source of damage (since it has the biggest attack value) ?

* When you get a movement trait (either carefull planner or fast marcher) does it apply only to the CIC (therefore being useless for flank commanders) or does it apply to the army whatever commander's position ?

Main leader skill, and traits affect all flanks in stack.

* What's the point of cavalry in combat appart from enabling various tactics ? Does a mixed army get benefits appart from the sum of its bombard/attack/pursuit scores ?

More cavalry - more damage in pursuit phase, and more damage when you win a battle. From my experience, when you have many cavalry units you have greater chance to make more damage to routed enemy.

* All things considered, is harsh disciplianrian a good thing or a "black luck" you hope to avoid ?

It can be good trait, or not, depends on your army and other traits

* Are unit stats (attack, defense, ...) per soldier or per brigade
* Is it good or bad to have more men in a unit (which heavily depends on previous question) ?
* Is Autrian infantry having more attack than Austrian guard working as intended ?
* Is Austrian 1000 men artillery briagde strictly superior or strictly inferior to the 1200 men one ?
* When fighting, is artillery the main source of damage (since it has the biggest attack value) ?

1. Per 1000 soldiers, not per brigade.

2. It depends on various things - if that unit type is your main unit (bigger is better) , or you want that unit in army only for proper tactics (light infantry, or cavalry). But I think bigger is better - less micro:)

3. I must check it, but usually guard is better than infantry

4. They have 20% more damage and defence, becouse they have 20% more soldiers in brigade.

5. It depends on terrain, leader traits, and picked ideas. But in many cases , artillery will be your main damage dealer.

Last edited: